Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Kaschei lying about the jail would make him the last scum but then he would've had to jail and kill in the same turn. must process. can asiina be scum? hrm

Asiina posted:

Not the best sentence, you going to kill me over that?

I might as well claim because it's not particularly exciting. I'm a drag mom because I'm so nice to the other girls! I can go to someone and if they have a limited shot power I can give them an extra shot. I went to Poque both nights. It went through the first night and was blocked the second.

That's it, that's all I got.

I cannot confirm this as I do not have an xshot ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kaschei posted:

Did you copy a cop and cop asiina? ##unvote

also how did you copy a jailer but not know who the jailer was?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh yeah 50s stealing thing.

50 pounds of bread posted:

I can though. I copied this ability night 1 and targeted myself, then jailed Asiina last night.

How do you choose what to copy?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why are you cleared?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ah I see.

This is all assuming a solo scum can't kill and take action the same turn though, but the jail claims make sense.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just a mason with Ixt, no actions taken any night

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll read over it a bit. Do you get to choose your target? Like you say "randomize" or whatever and pick a target for the same night? Or you're told what you got and then you can use it the same night?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I worry that we're focusing too much on night action stuff and not content and a weird role (or scum taking action and killing simultaneously, or scum + weird 3p remaining even if that's unlikely) would kill the lead we have. That said I wanted to target Pecota coming into this day so at least for today I like it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##unvote we have time and I don't like having the vote at -1 when I haven't been able to give a decent amount of time to the night action thoughts

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Do we know what blocked kaschei night 1?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i was at a lan party! i'm trying to figure out action stuff now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am confusing the gently caress out of myself and I have to leave soon for mothers day stuff so I'm just gonna post what I have so far and come back to it later, sorry that it's going to be disjointed

re: scum/SK stuff, I'd be super shocked if we had an SK AND three-person scumteam in a twelve man game, that could lead to mylo on day 2 and is just not likely at all. Especially with Ernie as a nightvig and Asiina out there who could refill his shots! My guess is that the extra (assuming claims are valid) protection pieces are to protect town from a 3-person scumteam in a 12-person setup, which is heavy for scum to start. I think we're only dealing with one non-town person lying right now rather than two, and I'm going to work off the "one liar" assumption a lot for the rest of this day.

Though I think it's probably a third scum left, I guess an SK could be possible too - yuming being tracked to 50 on N1 doesn't mean that she rolecopped him. She could've been trying to deliver the kill as the last scum member given bowmore's claim to have doc'd 50 on N1. 2 scum + SK would also prevent a mylo d2 situation for a total setup piece. But either way at this point it doesn't matter if it's an SK or a solo scum since mechanically they're the same thing. Unless it's Pecota and he actually DOES have his one-shot bp but it's an add-on to help him out as a serial killer. either way who cares? they have to die.

The main thing giving me pause is kaschei's claim of being blocked as a jailer on N1. Nobody has claimed to have done this at this point so it pretty much has to be that kaschei is lying or somebody else is lying. To me, it doesn't make sense to me that kaschei would lie about that because inventing a fake roleblock would be way too risky of a play - you're putting the onus on finding this mystery blocker as more and more roles flip as the game winds down. Additionally, it doesn't make sense to me since he had a really easy fakeclaim he could've made for night 1....jailing me. I am also unconfirmed masons with kaschei since the day 1 event - our secret boxes gave us that power. I claimed my Ixt masonry to kaschei on D1 (without revealing it was with Ixt) - if he's scum, he knows I'm town and would assume I don't have any other role aside from being a mason. Inventing a jailing of me feels like a much easier claim to make than an invented N1 block, especially since it's easily justified given how the Foo lynch went down w/r/t me as a viable target to be protected.

if I'm working with my "one liar" theory, I agree with 50 that he's cleared at this point. Even if he could jail Asiina and still take action as a killer, derp would be telling the truth in this situation, having tracked yuming to 50 at this point, and an xshot scum rolecop isn't going to spend a use targeting her own teammate just in case a tracker happens to be watching her.

Asiina's role doesn't clear her alignment but it would clear her from the proposed kaschei blocking on N1. Plus, if she's lying and is the last murderer, then 50 is telling the truth and he jailed her, so she's clear barring a juggernaut or anything like that.

and now i go away, will post more later

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would've participated but I was out all weekend, sorry. :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Although I did just realize after posting (and I'm certainly not trying to edit posts anymore!) that the items from D1 had abilities, and so those probably need to be re-examined. Did anyone who opened a box besides Poque and Kaschei get anything that did anything?

Ixt claimed to me that his box had nothing, but he also said he got a PM telling him that it was nothing, which I thought was kinda fishy at the time since the day event said you'd get a PM if your box had an impact.

Pecota why did you give your boon to yuming on D1? This isn't really an accusation but I thought it was a really strange target at the time.

Power of Pecota posted:

Actually, what's the going story with the me as scum theory even? I somehow roleblocked kaschei and killed Ernie N1, then killed Ixt and roleblocked someone without a night action or who also targeted a jailed target N2?

Mafia tipz: When night actions from all the claimed active roles don't add up and everyone agrees there's one scum left, there's probably a scum claiming a night action.

That's kinda the benefit of the massclaim. You guys have used it more like this.

Yeah, without role tomfoolery, Pecota doesn't make sense in a world where there's only one badguy left.

If he were a scum, then kaschei's telling the truth and somebody roleblocked him, but then either Pecota or yuming would've had to kill Ernie and we already know yuming targeted 50. If Pecota was the one who killed Ernie, we still don't know who blocked kaschei. If he's an SK, then it's still the same situation - sure, he could've killed Ernie but then kaschei's block is still unaccounted for.

The only thing I can think of is if somebody is an unclaimed PGO. It's possible that Ernie hit a PGO and yuming tried to kill 50 but was stopped by bowmore. That would allow for a third scum member to throw out a roleblock.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

Someone besides me should do it because I'm -1 and expecting a kaschei hammer whenever he gets back in-thread, but just ask 8bux if scum can kill and perform a night action in one night. That shouldn't be left to speculation.

hi I did this. He said he couldn't confirm outright for this game but that it had been allowed in his past games, like Golden Ray.

Power of Pecota posted:

The same reason we signed up for one of the last Hidden Temple games as masons - yuming and I are a pretty sick team when we're both town and we generally agree about stuff.

also i'm totally fine with this, it's exactly what I would do

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Okay so I'm fully proceeding with the thought that scum can kill/act in the same night and also that there's only one badguy left.

Virtually cleared:

Asiina: If Asiina's the last badguy, then 50 is telling the truth about jailing her and she couldn't have made the kill. I suppose she could be a juggernaut, but even then somebody would've had to block kaschei on night 1 and being a juggernaut roleblocker is...something. Something weird and stupid. Cleared.

derp: Could be a roleblocker, as he's not cleared via actions. Tracking claim on yuming is an easy one to make if he's a scum partner. If he's scum, though, then kaschei is telling the truth and jailed him, and we still had a kill last night. Like Asiina, he would have to be a juggernaut roleblocker or something, so nope.

Not cleared yet but I wouldn't want to vote today:

Murmur Twin: Possibility for scum in a long con with yuming, as the actions can't really be confirmed aside from tracking or a bad flip. Not cleared, but unlikely. And at this point I'm not voting the claimed cop when the fakeclaimed one was already lynched.

50: It's possible that 50 could simply be a roleblocker and yuming went to make the kill while Ernie killed himself via PGO or he targeted himself to be an rear end. Would have to kill/act in the same night or else Asiina's claim of being blocked on N2 doesn't make sense. If this is the case, though, then derp is telling the truth and yuming targeted him N1, which is a really weird play. Not totally clear, but might as well be.

bowmore: only possibility for bowmore to be a badguy is if he's a Godfather, since Murmur would be telling the truth and her sanity would be clear via Ixt's flip. Tentatively cleared based on Murmur's cop claim.

Options:

Pecota: Was suspicious going into day 3, both with the attempt on D1 to move away from Foo and onto now-Bowmore (why was it important to put him in a tie for vote lead? that whole thing was weird) and with no way to verify his night action claim the PoE comes down hard. Claim of BP isn't a risky one to make at this stage since it was the last claim and the nightvig already died, and if he's the last scum he can be reasonably sure there isn't an SK out there given how broken of a setup that'd be.

BUT then night 1 gets weird. If Pecota is the last scum then derp is telling the truth and yuming visited 50, leaving Pecota to be the only one left to perform the kill on Ernie...unless Ernie (a) is an rear end in a top hat who shot himself or (b) visited some other mystery PGO and got himself killed, and yuming's visit to 50 wasn't a rolecop but was instead a kill attempt stopped by bowmore.

:psyduck:

kaschei: Definite possibility for scum due to issues around the veracity of the claim of being blocked on N1. But if he's the scum, then derp is telling the truth and was jailed N2 and it had to have come from kaschei - so it's another instance of scum having to kill and act in the same night. Still a definite possibility and not cleared.

for it to be kaschei scum would have to act/kill in the same night, which is likely, and also I agree with Pecota that jailing the tracker is weird and bad. For it to be Pecota we'd have to have an explanation for how Ernie died and it seems less likely at this point. ##vote kaschei

also i'll throw myself in there - there's no counterclaim to Ixt's mason partner, and while it's possible I'm a mason/roleblocker, I'm not. sooo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that is -1 btw.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##unvote

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we already know what shady ape is, it was in the text when Foo flipped. basically the opposite of Asiina's claimed role

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
well let's see what happens. ##vote kaschei

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
owned

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I was super worried that Ernie shot himself to teach us a lesson about assumptions.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I was so blown away by people thinking that scum would counterclaim a real cop just to get the cop lynched when they were already down one man in a twelve person game.

thanks Eightbux and Viva!

special thanks to derp for teaching me in wedding mafia that healthy skepticism of your unconfirmed mason partner is a good thing :sun:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ixtlilton posted:

Hey, I would've done it.

I guess at least in that scenario somebody from town would've been lynched :getin:

I want to be masons with Ixt in every game now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm tired of being what you want me to be

Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

Don't know what you're expecting of me

Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lag, teams, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i got distracted when phil keoghan took his pants off.

• Locked thread