Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Filthy Monkey posted:

Is there an actual reason to use solar? I don't mind building big arrays, but transitioning to it from steam seems pretty hard, given that you don't get power at night. I feel like I would need much more powerful accumulators to make the transition without going crazy. Steam is just so easy and reliable.

Probably the only reason is less pollution. You could also be running out of coal (hahaha) but I usually have more solid fuel than I know what to do with once I start oil refining, so it would be easier just to use that to fuel your boilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

The tank is hilariously powerful.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

It won't let me put efficiency modules in electric furnaces in the new version. I am hoping it is a bug. It just says the message "__1__ can't be used in __2__"

That's odd, they work fine for me.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Sylink posted:

How do I unequip everything so I can click on machines ?

If you mean put back what you're holding, Q.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I tried a game with Dytech, and wasn't really happy with it. IMHO adding new tech that takes metals that only occurs in 1 tile spawns all over the map kind of defeats the point of a game about building massive factories. Also, it has basically no documentation at all.

That said, I would like a mod that adds a bit more complexity to the combat/base defenses, instead of building a thousand laser turrets and ignoring ammo. Dytech added a flamethrower turret which I thought was cool, but not enough to use the rest of the mod. Is there a good mod that does something in that area? Seems like rocket or cannon turrets would be a great addition (after all, the ammo is already there) with enemies that justify their use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

oxbrain posted:

What, and make my circuit production all messy?

e: This is marathon mode so copper plate is the logistical nightmare. 1 ore gives 5 plate. 10 plate for 2 wire. 10 wire per green circuit. I'd need 5 belts of copper to match 1 belt of wire.

I like that the minimap is completely washed out by the pollution overlay. The old world will burn in the fires of industry. Forests will fall. A new order will rise!