Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

I dunno, don't think so. I would be down for participating if someone sets something up.

Fun thing: I recorded a casual LP of Factorio, mostly because I ran out of Factorio videos to watch. I just got finished with one that featured a design by Lars. A 24 furnace smelting column that reserved space for electric furnace upgrades.

How do you guys think about future proofing? For me, when it comes to smelting the paradigm shift from steel furnace to electric furnace is too massive. The space being the obvious wall, but also the lack of a fuel line. Upgrading it in place involves clearing out the lines and extending the column to use the newly reclaimed half belt for ore.

I got this from the google doc that got tossed around 100 pages ago. Link Here

I should probably link the channel as well... BLACK HOLE SPACE WIZARD

I'm new to factorio (only beat the game once so far), but I used the future-proof furnace array and it isn't too hard to refit it. You control everything above the splitters, so when you no longer need coal you just adjust belts until both sides are filled with ore. For me it was just deleting the coal feed line and the belt went from a T junction to just a 90 degree bend. I had several furnace arrays near ore patches and it was quick to upgrade them without disrupting production at all.

That said I'm nowhere near a master and someone with more experience might think it's too fiddly to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

sharkbomb posted:

Honestly, at 10 hours, I would restart and TURN OFF biters entirely.

Speaking of, is there a console command to just turn off biters in my current map?

Dunno about completely turning off, but between peaceful mode and destroying them you can make it so they might as well not exist.

code:
 /c game.player.surface.peaceful_mode=true
code:
/c local surface=game.player.surface
for key, entity in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({force="enemy"})) do
	entity.destroy()
end
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console

Note that entering any console command with the /c (command) switch will count as a cheat and disable achievements for the save.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I love the different train types idea, but maybe to keep things from going insane with eleventy different trains to construct you just have a modular locomotive chassis and you can put different engine units into it.

So you have the stock burner steam engine, but like the modular power armor you can add an electric motor unit into it, or a nuke unit, or a steam unit too.

I was just thinking it would suck to have fifteen different locomotives and colliers when I want to switch out what powers them.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

FISHMANPET posted:

Considering what a pain in the but it is when two ore patches overlap, that filter splitter will be nice.

Seriously. The most "elegant" solution I've seen is a line of miners straddling the line and depositing onto a dedicated "mixed" belt, filter inserters sorting out bits, and plugging the sorted belts into spurs into the main lines.

Also I've lost count of the number of times I've wanted a switchover, where I have parallel lines and I actually want the right belt on the left and vice versa. These could greatly simplify that.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hmm i made this U-235 enrichment thing half an hour ago but i forgot about it let's see how much it made--

i think it works :shobon:

gently caress that's a much smarter way of doing it than I was trying :doh:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
That feel when you build thousands of solar panels to get the Solaris achievement, wonder why it hasn’t cleared, and then you discover you can do it with just 47

:cripes:

It still hasn’t cleared after an hour after I made it its own separate network and plugged a radar in, I assume I have to drive consumption up too?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Is using the tank flamethrower the best way to get rid of a poo poo load of trees at once? I noticed that doesn't actually burn the trees and just removes them but if there's a way to make my robo slaves do it that'd be awesome too.

Red blueprint, grenades, and flamethrower are all good ways of clearing out concentrated forests. You can also bulldoze a path using the tank if that’s all you need.

I like burning down the forest myself :getin:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Foehammer posted:

I do this for my entire mall, but my friend hijacked my blue underground belt assembler to build something else (I guess because the circuit belts were nearby in the mall for splitters?) instead of just building his own assembler, and cleared the chest limit :doom:

When I reverted it back, I forgot to check the limit, and now we have >1k express undergrounds... about 260,000 iron's worth :ohdear:

No joke a recycling building that could break components into constituent materials (with some efficiency factor) would be nice sometimes. Maybe even have levels of buildings to get one, or two, or more resources out as you tech up.

I mean it doesn’t really make sense on an infinite world with infinite resources, but it sucks when you have a bunch of stuff you know you aren’t going to use and no way to recover the resources expended

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Gadzuko posted:

Speaking of copy/paste, that's actually a good pro tip for the new players in the thread. Hold shift and right click on a building to copy its settings and shift left click on another building to paste. You can use this for pretty much anything: assemblers, trains, inserters, chests, all of it. Once you get a logistics system you can copy an assembler and paste it to a requester chest and it will automatically set the chest to order the right components that the assembler needs, it's basically a magic button and I love it.

You can also shift left click when building to place a blueprint ghost copy of whatever you're building anywhere onscreen, which is great when you have bots since you don't have to run around so much. Even before that, you can use it to visualize layouts if you don't have a blueprint handy and then just fill it in yourself.

Even better, you can place multiple ghosts even if you only have one of the item, and you can place them from map view ("m") if you have radars set up. You can plan out how many things you need before you actually build them, which is handy.

Shift Left Click to place a ghost, right click to erase them.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

uPen posted:

Does requesting them not work? They should just get delivered like everything else.

I think he means flying bots, not those in the network as passive items.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Do there exist any electric forges, or do you need to keep coaling the forges up no matter how far you progress in the game?

Electric furnaces are the next step up from steel furnaces. They're 3x3 instead of 2x2 though and have a really high power consumption, and unless you have lots of solar or nuclear power then you'll be burning lots of coal to power them.

The nice thing is you can put that in the center of your base and limit the extent of your pollution cloud.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Collateral Damage posted:

Just search for the name in the "Install Mods" screen in-game

QoL mods that don't change how the game itself is played:

Bottleneck - the one Luigi mentioned. Adds a small indicator to every crafting machine (assemblers, smelters, etc) to show its status. Green means it's currently producing. Red means it's waiting for materials. Yellow means its output is full. Very handy for getting an overview of where your production bottlenecks are.
Resource Spawner Overhaul - Significantly improves the game's resource spawning algorithm. Generally your starting area will have smaller but more dense fields of ore, but you'll have to travel quite a bit to find the next ones. I hope you like trains.
Related: radarplus for rso - Improves the radar to work better with the larger distances required by using Resource Spawner Overhaul.
Auto Deconstruct - Automatically marks miners that have no more materials to mine for deconstruction so you can see which ones are depleted, and if you have construction bots in range they will deconstruct it.
Long Reach - Lets you interact anywhere you can see on the screen without having to move close to it. Drastically cuts down on the amount of running you have to do. Might feel a little bit cheaty though.
Squeak Through - Makes the collision box of many items smaller so you can move between them even if they're built side by side. Makes things like pipes and fields of miners/assemblers much easier to walk through.
Vehicle Snap - Makes the car and tank snap to the closest 22,5° angle while you drive forward and aren't actively turning. Makes driving long distances, especially along paved roads, much easier.
Rampant - Improves the biter AI and makes it more interesting. They won't just throw themselves blindly into your wall of turrets any more, but pull back and try to find other routes and exploit vulnerabilities in your defense.
Honk - A must have. Makes trains honk when stopping and starting. :toot:

Content mods. I'm not (yet) a fan of the crazy complex mods like AngelBobs, so these are mostly just cool stuff or QoL content:

Afraid of the Dark - Gives the player an always on flashlight and adds some more items to deal with the night, most importantly a much better floodlight.
Electric Furnaces - What it says on the tin. Adds electric stone and steel furnaces, and two upgraded electric furnaces. Running electric furnaces is less efficient than feeding them coal, but makes the logistics much easier especially if your main coal deposit is off in the rear end end of nowhere.
Warehousing - Adds basically giant 3x3 and 6x6 chests with proportional storage capacity. Great for loading and unloading trains or just as massive buffers.
Vanilla Loaders - A loader is an alternative to an inserter that feeds items in/out of a machine or container. Goes well together with Warehousing. It will provide a fully compressed belt from a container. There are several loader mods, but I like this one because it looks the most stock-like. They're also 2x1 which is a slight drawback to offset how good they are.
Nanobots - Gives access to early, consumable construction bots. Not as good as the later personal roboport, but a huge boost to your early game productivity.

Thank you for this, I’m in the same boat as the original poster and this is a great summary

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

SettingSun posted:

I picked this game up thanks to the LP of it, and it's scratching an itch I never knew I had. I literally cannot stop playing it. A game hasn't had a hold on me this strong in a while.

Anyway, I've a question about nuclear power: I've used the tutorial in the wiki to set up a rudimentary setup. One reactor, four heat exchanges, eight steam turbines. This is supposed to output a ton of power, way more than what I would ever need in my little baby factory. It is, but not what's advertised. Checking it out, it looks like each turbine isn't working to capacity. They're processing around 20 steam/second instead of their max of 60. Everything is just connected via pipes. Could utilizing pumps increase the throughput here?

Do you still have your legacy power running? The grid won’t draw from nuclear steam turbines exclusively, so you might have to shut down your old power generators first before the nukes take up the load.

Also if you generate excess power it will just go away unless you’re trapping the steam. Even my huge base only needs intermittent powering from my nuclear reactors, most of the time they’re idle while the base runs off stored steam.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

SettingSun posted:

For what it's worth this was the case. After turning off my steam engines output went up, and continued to go up when I added new things until they hit capacity. For some reason I thought all the power generators would just generate all their possible power at all times and what wasn't used would go off into the ether. It made sense in my head.

Also I played for like 6 hours straight and managed to launch the rocket for my first win. I then immediately started a new game because I had some new layout designs I wanted to try out. So many ideas, so little time.

This game is good.

Glad you're having fun! For what it's worth, it's usually a better idea to just get your base mostly self-sufficient, then go off to a new area to start a new base, that way you don't have to spend a bunch of time researching, bootstrapping up from nothing, and running around trying to hold everything together.

That said, I did the exact same thing you did and it's not a huge deal, just slow to start up.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

chairface posted:

Sorry for the pedantry here but coming from minecraft I'd assumed (incorrectly) this was the case too; You can actually put just under 1.5 stacks in most machines by shoving stuff into the input slot as hard as you can. Another feature-departure from minecraft is that if I have a factorio assembler that makes widgets and is currently idle because a widget is waiting to be output, and I walk up with another widget in my inventory, in factorio I can rather simply just stick the widget I'm holding in the machineoutput slot that currently holds widgets and that's fine, it'll just stack with those. Minecraft generally doesn't let you put stuff "in" to "output" slots.

Yeah, you can cram extra into the inputs, and you can stack stuff from your inventory into the output slot. It's really handy.

I do the latter when I have items in my inventory and I want to cycle them through my base, usually because I've been rebalancing things and picked up items off of belts or factories I've disassembled, or to boost production by transferring items from another section of my factory when I don't have bot coverage.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I got one from factorioprints called Chernobyl Diaries I think, it has a couple configurations and has circuit logic to stop feeding until steam drops low enough. It also has pipe connector blueprints too

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

ionn posted:

How do I figure this out? Like, how far do I need to go before pipes will limit my water supply? How many extra pipes and/or pumps do I add? Are inline pumps ever appropriate, and if so, where and how many? Also, I see the water bar on the heat exchangers, and obviously low is bad and high is good, but how high does it need to be for the thing to work at full power?
I'm honestly fine doing the 4-reactor ones as the "neighbour bonus" gains from going past that aren't that great, but I would like to just have this figured out and at least be able to build a massive chernobylplex if I feel like it.

I can't tell you how to figure it out, but realize that throughput is finite and if you're feeding everything into one side of your power plant then half of the plant will be starved while the first half of heat exchangers sucks up all the water. Ideally you want each of your reactors to branch off as if it were by itself, and each one has multiple dedicated feedwater lines.

For a rough estimate, the 4 reactor design from Chernobyl Diaries I used had six feedwater lines, three on each side. It would run with only three at full capacity, but there was lag with half the plant as it drew down the storage tanks until water could get to the other half.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

I’m triggered

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I did my "No Lasers" run with my first runthrough, and then did Lazy Bastard with it.

It really did help with my design and building, but man it was tedious.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

IncredibleIgloo posted:

You can disable hand crafting, I did and it saved me once or twice on the run.

Ditto, it saved my bacon when i got distracted. I think it’s ~ to open the console, then /permissions, then you go and uncheck crafting for your character.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I just got a crazy idea for a factorio succession thread.

X amount of time, you can build anything you want, but can’t destroy anything made by a previous supervisor.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

GenericOverusedName posted:

The factory must expand to meet the needs of the expanding factory!

Thread title material imo

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I tried this out just now, and you can't set the filter to straight fluids nor theoretical designators, like A signal, 1 signal, or green signal. I can, however, set them to something no sane player would ever make, like iron picks, pistols, and also blueprints. I think I'll use the deconstruction planner, as they're red and there's no way anyone would ever actually place one in an stationary inventory, let alone a train. So that solves that issue.

Also, a while back, I asked about essentially figuring out a way to tell if a train is done filling up or being emptied, regardless of what the contents is, without using the inactivity condition in the train's schedule. I've recently revisited that problem and come up with a solution to that, which I'll be writing up a post about after I finish dinner.

EDIT:

That's a really neat trick that I'll use in the future, but for the purposes of the stations I'm making now, it wouldn't be very good. My hope for these stations is that people will plonk down the tracks, plonk down the stations, set filters and options at the stations, and from there, the trains will start flowing. I want them to be as user-friendly as possible, so having a bunch of poo poo that they have disconnect and manually reconnect would run counter to that.

I may be mistaken, but I think blueprints will follow your wiring setup (as long as they’re being placed by bots)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
You can also include the track (or whatever) in the blueprint for alignment purposes. They’ll turn blue if it matches existing construction. It was helpful for my refinery series where I could build up by lining up the previous line of buildings.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

xzzy posted:

Someone on reddit dug up the post where factorio was announced on a minecraft forum:

https://forum.industrial-craft.net/thread/8845-factorio/

Which if you click around brings you to this video. Hell yeah programmer art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qOCAM9Syw

Factorio: “How will your factory look like?”

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Personal burner generator.

Steam punk af

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I loved putting tier 3 productivity in the silo and getting a free rocket part every fourth part

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

xzzy posted:

My very first game was like that, got a lucky seed with dense forests an all four approaches. Wasn't yet aware the effect trees had on pollution, but I was annoyed that all the trees made expanding my factory difficult. Notice "flamethrower" in the tech tree and figured that would solve all my expansion needs. Suddenly all that bottled up pollution was set loose and I had many angry bugs making themselves known.

Fortunately I also had tanks researched so I was able to fight back.

Burning all that forest down no doubt added quite a bit to that cloud, too.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

crabrock posted:

obviously you need subterranean biters

Graboids :unsmigghh:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

Yeah I did this but must've screwed up somewhere because the train is just sitting at the coal station and nothing is happening.

Besides cargo and liquid cars, are there any other types of train cars? Would be cool if there was one with gun turrets on it.

Do trains crash into each other if you don't set up the signals and switches properly?

If you’re having trouble, make sure you have a valid path set up. The signals need to be on the right-hand side of the track (in the direction of travel), the train needs to be set to automatic, and if you have crossing signals you need to be sure they’re set correctly. Also make sure you don’t have the rules for source and destination swapped.

If you have the train selected it should tell something about no valid path if that’s the issue.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

It's also possible that whatever you had the inserter pointing at wasn't set up to receive whatever was in the chest (or was full).

An inserter will only insert items that the receiving building will accept, so for instance if you have an inserter taking out of a chest and putting into an assembler, it will only take the items that the assembler needs, regardless of what's in the chest.

Also it will only insert a few source items, enough to complete I think 2 rounds of fabrication of the component, so you don't have all your items locked up in a factory that might not produce anything (and thus locking up the rest of your factories by starving them of materials)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

redleader posted:

Are you close to the tank? The tank is v. good in midgame. Ignore its main cannon; just use its machine gun with red ammo. It shreds bases and biters real good.
Look at this wrong and bad opinion, more explosives more cannon shells! DAKKA DAKKA

Kraftwerk posted:

These are typically better than lasers right?

Lasers have the benefit of range and no need for ammo (but do need power infrastructure), turrets have a higher damage cap and can be dropped anywhere but need to be resupplied

Flame turrets burn everything :getin:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Alright, I'm trying to do circuits and I am absolutely not getting it.

I understand linking up boxes, inserters, etc.: I can tell an inserter to enable/disable based on a condition of a chest's contents.

I've used an arithmetic combinator to track what an inserter has handled (connecting input to output, using "pulse" and read hand contents), and then disable those inserters when the count reaches a certain condition. I've done a similar thing linking a section of belt.

I think I understand channels. Each circuit network has a channel for every commodity, and you can manipulate the value of that channel. I'm struggling with the best ways to do that, though.

I am absolutely stumped on how I reset a counter on a network (I've been switching the arithmetic combinator from +0 to *0 to manually reset), and just the philosophy behind deciders and combinators in general. I'm decently proficient at programming languages but this is just not working for me at all. I've tried reading the tutorials and watching videos, but most that I've found are years out of date or have horrible instructions. I built a set/reset latch once, but have no idea what I was doing or how it worked, and now can't even recreate it.

If it helps, I'm using a loop for Kovarex enrichment as a means of practicing this - 40 units of U235 and 5 of U238 are inserted into a centrifuge, which then processes it and releases 41 and 2 of them, respectively. I want to have a counter count out 40 and then remove any excess U235 and resupply U238 when it goes below a certain threshold.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Solumin posted:

Channels count stuff. (The official name is "signal".) Like you said, there's a signal for each commodity, plus several virtual signals: A - Z, for example.
You manipulate them by outputting from a decider into that channel. Constant combinators can output a constant value onto a bunch of different channels.
A set/reset latch would be the best way to reset a counter, I think. The latch stores the count, then can be reset when you want to.

Circuit networks aren't really programming. They're logic, you're using gates (combinators) to control signals. You might find this tutorial useful: http://nandgame.com/
It's inspired by the "NAND to Tetrist" courses, and gives a pretty good introduction to logic circuits. In particular, the latch and a data flip-flop exercises will be the most helpful -- a lot of the earlier stuff is provided in-game by the combinators.

Edit: Filthy Monkey's answer is really good! So just do that. Unless you really want to learn circuits, which you don't need to.

This is wonderful. I don't know if it will help me solve my issue, but it's been a good way to learn logic gates!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Megasabin posted:

Yeah, after thinking about it, it would barely save me any goods, and probably slow down my factory a lot. I just want to find a cool fun use for wires and combinators! I know people use them for fluid cracking, but I don't really see a need, since I' producing enough of all 3 fluids right now without issues.

The biggest issue with refining and cracking is that it's not always balanced with what you're producing so sometimes you drain lubricant and have no heavy oil to make more, so you turn off heavy oil cracking and forget and then fill up your lubricant and thus your heavy oil and then your refineries shut down. It's basically a load balancer between the 3-4 products. If you haven't done it it's good practice. (I still suck horribly at logic circuits and anything more advanced than this)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Activating peaceful mode through the console will disable achievements but starting that way will still accept most if not all of them

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

Cool - Im trying to get trains to work, I've build a single line (kind of like a u shape) but I'm having trouble getting it to recognize the stations. "Go to station" seems to be working in one direction but not the other, I tried putting a locomotive on both ends too.

if it's a single length of track, the easiest way is to have your train use a locomotive on both ends and your stations set on the right-hand side in the direction of travel. However, this is pretty inefficient because you have to fill twice as many locomotives and they add a bunch of dead weight to the train and slow how quickly it can brake.

A slightly more advanced method is to use a teardrop switchback to allow a single-locomotive train to loop around and go back and forth. However you have to be careful about positioning, and might need to use signals to keep the train moving the correct direction. It's a good stepping stone to trying new strategies with signals and such.

I recommend trying the tutorials, they're much improved from when they were introduced.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Also, like everything, resist the instinct to just make one refinery and wait. Make as many as you have resources to build, run them all in parallel, and link up all their outputs to common storage.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

I get the feeling I'm stretching on this one, but: is there any way to lay down blueprint ghosts and NOT have them immediately fulfilled by construction bots, besides deconstructing the robotics network in the area? For visualizing layouts and the like.

I've always had to go off to another empty area outside the network to futz with my blueprints. If I'm doing something where I have to try and fit it into an existing part of my base I'll make a blueprint of that area, then paste that into the empty area before trying to build within/around the ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Dancer posted:

If this is the first time you're playing the game: no. Nuclear has a few different puzzles that can be rather tricky and will take a lot of time to figure out. Solar is close to brain-dead. Get yourself a sun farm going.

It's also good to help bootstrap if you gently caress up and run out of fuel, it can give you just enough power to kick start the rest of your power generation