Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

This game is super fun, and really scratches that weirdo logistics balancing itch like Anno, Banished, etc.

About to finish up a sandbox game for the first time. Some of these factories posted make me realize just what a complete clusterfuck mine is. Production over about 2 screens fully zoomed out, various chunks built and rebuilt, a rats nest of belts and underground belts and splitters and pipes, and then logistics robots everywhere (will probably hit 1000 of them before I finish). Almost everything equipped with double Efficiency 2 modules, except a few strategically equipped with Speed 2s or Productivity 2s instead. A solar and accumulator farm that fills up an entire zoomed out screen on its own. Something like 30 oil wells tapped.

I'm a baby who just wants to build Rube Goldbergian factories, so I'm playing on peaceful mode and with the Advanced Equipment mod linked a few pages back. (Though frankly I have only gone halfway up into the Advanced Equipment -- a vanilla power armor setup like the ones posted by Breetai or Filthy Monkey are more than sufficient to Rambo biter nests.) I'll probably take a break for awhile, but I definitely plan to come back to it and play again without the peaceful mode / Advanced Equipment mod now that I've got a handle on how the tech tree and factory logistics develop and on strategies for attacking biter nests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU