Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
Inserters putting onto an underground doesn't work to compress belts anymore. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
So who's in charge of the thread title? Halloween was over a month ago.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
I'm pretty sure it'll be 15/30/45, not 15/30/60.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Wire cracking plants up to a tank of each fluid and set them to automatically turn on if it's too full. Problem solved forever, as long as your your bottleneck isn't petroleum.

Which is more of a concern now that solid fuel is a required part of your progression. Though I guess you can turn petroleum into solid fuel if you really have to.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

Truga posted:

Also, if you think your uranium supply is abundant, your nuke stockpile is too small. Every uranium saved by a simple circuit is a uranium that can be used for more nukes. :v:

Nuclear Artillery Shells when!? (I'm sure there's a mod or something)

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

LLSix posted:

Do loaders not interact with trains?

I'm pretty sure loaders don't work with trains. The Miniloaders mod does, though (Because they're secretly two very fast inserters.)

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

Galvanik posted:

The ratios stay the same with respect to each other if you use the same modules in an array. Like if you slap two production 1 modules in the standard 2 circuit:3 wire array that will stay the same.

No they don't. Each machine always consumes the same amount of resources per craft. Production modules increase the amount of items produced in each machine. If you stick with the same ratios you'll be overproducing copper cables and your copper cable machines will sometimes be idling while waiting for the circuit machines to run.

See this Calculator to show that you only need 11 (actually 10.8) copper cable machines to run 10 circuit machines if they've all got prod3 modules. https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc...qc90M/Ve/FcdXAC

Speed modules don't affect ratios as long as all your machines have the same amount of speed mods, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

PancakeTransmission posted:

Yeah that confused me too - if you have have 4x yellow belts but don't balance them, then you have 4 independent systems with max 15 items a second. Regardless of input or output! If you're not balancing a bus then you need to manually calculate all inputs and outputs per belt line which seems like way more work than just slapping down a belt balancer blueprint.

The simplest way of accomplishing what's being talked about is putting down a big block of alternating splitters across all your iron lines or whatever. They're not going to be balanced at the end, but every input has a path to every output and there aren't any bottlenecks. The idea is to find a solution for making sure every input can get to every output and won't get bottlenecked, but you're not particularly fussed about using every input or output evenly. I've looked for simple solutions to this before, but I usually end up just using balancer blueprints instead because they almost always do what I want.