Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there a wiki that details how each of the parts works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Does the boiler have 5 coal already? If the boiler isn't needed it wont run, and wont be using fuel to need to be refilled.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Logistics bots are basically the coolest thing.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sarrisan posted:

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to mass-delete entire sections of construction? I just had to move my science factory because I way underestimated how much space I'd need for blue science (God knows what I'll do when I get to purple), and removing all of the old stuff is a right pain in the rear end. It's all outdated tech, too, so I don't even want it.

Construction Bots can be told to deconstruct areas with research.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Okay, I like this. So I can build my fortress of solitude and then scream "let them come" and flip poo poo on?

Because I have like, 800 wall peices already in a couple of chests, and I am auto-making more. i want to build wall and laser towers and a poo poo-ton of power for them.

Also, someone needs to make me some fusion. I need more power at night. This bullshit keeps turning off even with my 25 accumulators.

25? Ahahahaheaheahehaeh

Yeah even my relatively small factory has about 400 to last through the night, assuming I only get 1-2 waves of biters.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 30, 2014

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

FISHMANPET posted:

How'd you make this screenshot?

Lots of screenshots + Autostitch

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Evilreaver posted:

One of these days I will automate bot construction. O what a day that will be, to deploy 80 construction bots at a site and get poo poo done

....you're supposed to stop at 80?

I think I'm somewhere close to 300 of each type and growing.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

FISHMANPET posted:

It feels like with the advent of logistics robots, building a good bus becomes less and less important. So many of the materials just aren't created in enough volume to necessitate their own belt on the bus.

That's the point I think

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

There's a mod that adds all sorts of other belt-helpers, like unzippers, and 2-to-1 devices, etc.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Michaellaneous posted:

One thing I never tried - what happens when you put a bunch of oil through a lot of boilers and get the temperature up to ridicolous levels?

You get pretty hot oil

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

FISHMANPET posted:

Alright, here's a screenshot, since I suck at describing. I've got my coal mine, and it comes into two belts, but they're usually not equal, and I want to balance them to load the chests that will load the train.

Both bottom belts will have the same resource, but at different rates, will this work to balance them so they're the same rate on each top belt?

Yes, it should

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

President Ark posted:

Something I've noticed is that biters really loving hate radars. I had a relatively well-fortified base with some gaps in the walls and biters would zip right past my turret pillboxes and dirty polluting boilers/furnaces in order to eat my radars before doing anything else.

Could be worth abusing.

e: I'm guessing because they're classified as military buildings

The missions specifically point out that Biters Hate Radars

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I take it multiplayer is in now then? The website is down :(

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there a PGS thread or something for people to organize MP? I kinda want to putz around a factory with people but have no idea if anyone even plays multiplayer.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

gently caress, when is that update coming

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Alkydere posted:

Inflicting Seablock upon myself and I've hit an impasse. Where do I get my initial sulfur for sulfuric acid?

Welcome to pain. Initial sulphur comes from from Heavy Mud Water (washing plant). It gives Hydrogen Sulfide, which you can combine with Oxygen to make Sulfur. You can also pretty quickly reclaim the Sulfuric Waste Water back in to more Sulfur after your filtration or whatever.

Here's 3 people and a constantly running server for ~4 days.

We just finished the research to be able to make Red Chips and Blue Science.

We're also playing with the factorissimo mod, mainly because Geodes are Unreasonable.

Starter Tip: No matter what you're doing, expand Iron more. For some reason, you never move past it really - later recipes just require more and more of it, and we've never had enough, or felt like tech really made us produce it faster (we just use different materials now).

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 5, 2020

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ambaire posted:

One important thing for seablock: space is king. As soon as you can, dedicate the output of 10 electrolyzers to landfill production. Then 30 (will fill 1 basic belt with slag). Then 60 (will fill 1 standard 15/s belt with slag and produce 3 landfill a second or 10800 per hour). This is what I've developed for my standard 60 electrolyser block. I need to work on a catalysed 30 electrolyser block..

Also, only research what you really need (catalysed basic ores, hydrogen + charcoal to solid fuel (holy gently caress, this last one is king for power), faster belts) then just funnel all your resources that would normally go to science instead to expanding the factory.

The good old doubling rule applies here. In x time, you can double your factory's outputs. In x time, you can double it again. Eventually, anything else you want to do becomes a rounding error.

e. in addition, you want to start chunks sorting asap for resources needed later. Rubyte, Bobmonium, and Crotinnium at least. You just need 1 crystallizer for each, running at 100% speed, and feed the sorting of each into a dedicated warehouse. By the time you get to blue science, you'll be able to use those saved up resources to make the most important blue science stuff as fast as you can set up processing/production. (Advanced Ore Refining 3 and 4, for the other catalysed ore productions, requiring 130 and 260 blue science totals respectively)

I don't know how you remotely have the power for those, especially early game. Also, solid fuel (while good) is a fair bit worse than Oil Burning Boilers using Fuel Oil. The tier beyond that is really good though, Enriched Fuel Blocks I think?

I should set up more dirt production, most of my stone recently has been going towards Mineralised Water for stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The only thing about seablock that really 'gets' me is just how daunting each tier of stuff is. It doesn't feel like you have smaller goals to use intermediates on - there's no 'ok, use brass now, and itll give you 20% more <whatever> on the way to red chips', it just says 'ok, you made green chips, now for the red ones you need brass, cobalt steel, ferric acid, resin, etc, etc, etc,' and the stuff that also uses those goods is gated behind the chip that uses all of it. Instead of A -> AB -> ABC it goes A->ABC->B/C.

I'm enjoying it still having just gotten automated red chips, but every time I move up a tier it's just so daunting that it makes me not want to bother. I end up setting my own intermediate goals (Ok, now I'll get resin!), but those goals don't give me anything tangible other than having that checklist item available for when all the rest of the checklist is done.