Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Travic posted:

Ok. I'm trying to plan how many solar panels I need to run my base. My laser turrets aren't used much since I've been very aggressive about removing nests that are affected by my pollution so attacks are rare and small.

So a solar panel produces about 20MJ during daylight hours.

A day lasts 417 seconds.

I add up all the kW in my base and that's how much power I need per second?

My secondary resource base: 12 electric miners. 12*90*417=450,360kW per day. 450,360/20,000=22.5(round up to 23) solar panels to power them all day and night? With 20 accumulators?

You need more solar panels. That's always how many solar panels you need. More.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Are there any mods that just add an additional tier or two of solar/accumulators? I've played with a couple of the mods that add nuclear power, and neither really worked for me, but I would like an option to continue upgrading my power grid rather than just jamming more panels and accumulators in vast fields. I also don't really want a huge add-on that requires a restart, I'd rather just have something that I can plug and play into an existing save.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Is it possible to use the circuit network to determine how many logistic/construction bots are available/idle in a logistics network? It would be pretty neat to be able to activate/deactivate your bot production based on how close to saturated your logistics network was (something like if >80% of bots are in use, keep producing until only 50% or something), that way as you add new logistic draws your factory just keeps providing more bots until you're back to having plenty of slack capacity.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

I feel like I remember seeing somewhere that there was a way to see what is being requested in the logistics network for an area to feed into the circuit network. Is that actually possible?

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Playing with trains in my save, I was realizing the thing I wished I could do was uncouple and recouple cars to trains automatically. It would be pretty sweet to have a train park up its cars in a siding, and then having another train shuttle around and build up the mixed train I need from the individual cars parked in various sidings. Otherwise I need to build some sort of transfer station or something like that to transfer cargo to reassemble trains (or have one train with filtered cars go various places to pick up its raw goods).

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Directional radar could also be neat, although it would probably really want 8 way placement instead of 4 way. I guess just having a box that has one corner on the radar would probably work pretty well, you could always combine two of them next to each other for larger coverage.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

You can set things up with power switches and circuit conditions. I have my steam engines only set to cut in if my accumulator storage drops below 20% and cut off when they hit 50% again.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Tesla was right posted:

I'm getting disenchanted with bob's mods because it does little to incentivize pumping huge amounts of resources around - there comes a point where most of my factory is idle and my trains are sitting in their unloading depots.

Are there any other big mods which offer similar fun stuff (better assemblers, turrets and vehicles) without adding a dozen new resources?
I was wondering something similar. How is Angels ore stuff without Bobs? Does it basically just mean you have saphirite and you use that for iron and copper? I've been playing an Angels + Bobs (just Angels ore, not petrochem) and the ridiculous number of resources and processing chains is just too much for me.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

When combined with RSO I believe the frequency of infinite ore increases with distance from the start, but infinite is not allowed in the start area.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Speaking of trains, what kind of station layouts do people like to use for things like a furnace depot? I've got a two track one-way mainline running everywhere, and I usually do a T off with a return loop and a bunch of stops in a ladder, but I'm realizing that isn't leaving any waiting area, and it takes up a lot of space, so I was curious what other people use for their layouts. This time around I've also been trying to avoid 90 degree curves, because I think they look ugly, so my ladder yards get really huge if I try to have more than 3 or so stops, but I haven't really thought of a better layout so far.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

I think 0.15.9 is supposed to have fixed that, along with a train crash.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Jack the Lad posted:

This is seriously awesome, keep up the good work! :eng101:

e: Related, is there a way to force blueprints down over existing structures and flag anything in the way to be deconstructed?
Shift + Left Click will force place the blueprint, it will only deconstruct trees and rocks though, it won't deconstruct existing player placed objects.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

I believe it's Angel's Ores, Angel's Petrochem, and probably some other Angel's stuff, Bob's, and then some more stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Just switch to using trains to move products around, and embrace the spaghetti on a much larger scale.