Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

I bought Factorio a few days before Watch_dogs came out. Have been playing nothing but this since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Are there any decent mods out there that add bridges? I've started a new game with RSO and my starting location has a lot of large narrow lakes that I'd like to be able to bridge (there are maybe 3 to 4 tiles of water at their narrowest point), but I can't find anything decent on the forums.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Have to say I'm really enjoying Oxygen Not Included, thanks to whoever on here who linked to it!

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

I really wanted to launch my first rocket before .15 on a sub 8 hour run. I've been trying it on totally vanilla settings and was 32 minutes short this time around. Gah! I have saves a couple of points through, not sure if I can be bothered to go back.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Is there a mod that does the opposite of landfill? Placeable water tiles for defensive purposes?

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Hadn't played Factorio in a while - thought I'd come back and try and dust off some of the remaining achievements, which led to a fixation of completing both the Lazy Bastard and There Is No Spoon achievement in one game.

It took more tries than I'd like to admit - probably still a lot of room for improvement in the time!

Vetitum fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

I'm currently also in the stages of setting up my first megabase, using kirkmcdonald to plan expansion. I'm trying to go for a modular approach to smelting and intermediary component production (mainly circuits) via train networks supplying everything between production blocks. My question was, what's a good way of calculating how to best load / unload the necessary raw materials at production block - like if I know I need 10 belts worth of Copper Plates what does that equate to in terms of trains, is it a case of working backward from carriage capacity and inserter throughput?