Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Is there a way to make SR latch that first reaches a value and then resets when the value drops to 0? I have a mining outpost with on-site smelters and I'd like the miners to turn off when the belt feeding the smelter backs up (ore > x) and turn back on when the belt is completely cleared (ore = 0). I can't figure out how to make this work when the reset signal is lower than the set signal. I don't think this has any benefits but I think it would be neat to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Hey thanks to both of you for ideas about the latch.

M_Gargantua posted:

I do that for all my outposts.

If you want active high logic: A decider takes the ore count and outputs A=1 if its less than or quality to your on setpoint. You set a power switch or whatever on its output to shut if A=1. The latch is performed by taking that output signal and feeding it into a arithmetic combinator that multiples A by the negative reset point, and feed back that into trndecider on the opposite color wire. So when the signal drops low enough the negative feedback pulls it far lower so it stays negative until the ore reaches your reset value and the feedback clears.

I couldn't figure your setup out. Below is how I tried it. The first decider is iron plates <= 6 and it outputs A=1 on red that goes to the final decider that's just if A=1 turn off the inserter. The latch is on the green wire and the arithmetic combinator is anything * -6 and outputs anything so A=-6 when iron plates <= 6. I think I didn't get where the latch feeds back to. The problem was that it wouldn't reset when the iron would reach 0.

Royal W posted:

The SR latch I use is 3 deciders

code:
Item < lower threshold = S
                    > S>R=S(fed back into itself)--plant
Item>upper thershold = R
But in this case I would flip it so that S>= 8(?), however many for on a belt and R=0. Daisy chain the output to your input inserters in your smelters so they turn on when your belt fills up and stay on until the belt is empty.

This worked like a charm. S>=6 is the correct value for all belts I think.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
There's a tutorial somewhere on the wiki, but with circuits you can make the inserter stop working if the chest has more items than the average of all chests balancing them. I had trains with three wagons and had to do this to make them not take ages loading.