Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

This sounded very much like my type of thing. Tried the demo and promptly bought the game.

Now to sperg out and lose sleep over configurations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Does more labs increase the research speed?

And I did my first silly mistake, I figured each color of beakers went to different labs so I made an intricate network to feed to 2 sets of labs. It did not work that way :eng99:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So after a few restarts I finally got my car built and fueled up and just ams I am going to enter it an arttack comes, and my turrets are out of ammo. Ran to the lower set of turrets but got swarmed and died.

At least now I know how to get red and green beakers flowing . Now I just have to remember to reload the turrets and not just repair them. :eng101:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I started a new game after beating the train-level ( well, I have to wait out the cration of the ammo still) in the campaign to try out some of the shiny stuff.

Is there an easy way to cheat in a few stacks of copper and iron bars? I find the first bit where you run around chopping trees to feed the burners tedious and would rather just jump to electricity right away.

This game tickles me in all the right ways so I want to get to the automation part from the get-go. :eng101:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Samopsa posted:

You can click 'edit map', and just drop down a bunch of poo poo for yourself and start on that map. I start with a bunch of inserters, miners and electricity infrastructure to skip the first boring 10 minutes.

Sweet, thanks.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I forgot about this game until yesterday so I reinstalled it.

I have no idea what I am doing but I still like it.

Are there any must-have mods or should I just stay with vanilla until I get my bearings?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I decided to get back in the game after a break and to try the modpack that was posted from the MP game and oh god bobs is massive.

I have no idea what I am doing and I have all these new ores and it is wonderful :allears:

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Tip with bobs, don't try to main bus everything or belt stuff like the resistors. Make small local production units that direct insert or you'll be slowed down by choked belts. Bobs is designed to be a robot heaven late game so be prepared to relocate and rebuild a couple of times as you tech up.

Yeah I am going slowly to familiarize myself with the mod (on peaceful) an plan to build very modular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I decided to do a vanilla play-through now that 1.0 is released and I am starting to near the "end" of the research track.

I have not really done anything fancy with trains before but I have decided to try to build some kind of mega base so I want to try the set up where trains go and pick up/drop off when stations have a full load/can recieve a full load.
Is it just to set up cables between the chests and the station so it activates at a set number or do the stations also need to have a connection between them for it to work?
I see a lot of train blueprints with red and green cables set up but I never really got into the whole circuits bit outside of managing single inserters.