Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

The Locator posted:

My current nuclear plant continues to surprise me. With only the 4 reactors on the right (red box) online, the plant at night is now peaking at 640MW without touching the accumulator array from the solar. The farthest plants to the left are sitting at 986c~988c and the entire plant has 96+ steam. The output far exceeds my expectations when I put it together, as I assumed I would have at least 6 plants online now for that power demand.

My plan is to continue to see how much I can get out of it before bringing other plants online, I'm just checking the power graphs and watching for when the accumulators have to start helping out at night.

I used your blueprint for the nuclear power plant setup to make mine and i think it turned out nice, thanks!

The thing i enjoy most in this game is making stuff that looks good to look at. Sure efficency and throughput and whatever is important too but why bother if it doesn't look cool!

And some other stuff, more uranium ore processing power then i'll ever ever use (looks good though!):

You don't just make a wall and a line of laser turrets around a mine, you make a whole boom town worth of walls and defenses and roads and trains to supply them with ammo (all kinds) and fuel for the flamethrowers and robot network to load them (AND belts, for redundancy) and and and

I have around 80 hours on this map and about 300 hours total and i've launched maybe 5 rockets in that time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Case in point:

Weak!

STRONG!

*edit*

Btw, is there any good mod that kind of extends the tech tree on top of vanilla that i can add into an already completed game? I've tried the bobs and angel mods etc but they're not really what i want. I kind of just want to keep going from where you end up at the end of a vanilla game.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 3, 2019

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

SkunkDuster posted:

Are those dragon teeth just pieces of wall or is that a separate entity?

It's just wall pieces, i run entierly vanilla.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

metasynthetic posted:

I launched a rocket on my previous save, then decided to start over with the Space Exploration mod because the idea sounds really cool.

Got really annoyed with how it forcibly modifies vanilla recipes without any option to leave them be. So, I wound up learning enough Factorio modding to make my own to put them back. I may wind up doing the same for the robot attrition stuff if the minimum rate is too much of a hassle and if I can figure out how. If anyone would like a copy I'll post a link.

Also, Construction Drones is the cutest mod and I don't even care about anything else I love them with my heart:

https://gfycat.com/farflunggranularbarnswallow

Reminds me of Total Annihilation builders. Have to try them out.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Two ways to feed a red chip factory, but which one is correct? :thunk:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Do you sometimes look at something you've made and think "How did this happen, and WHY IS IT WORKING??"

Killstick fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 17, 2019

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Do vegans dream of electronic sheep?

The answer is yes, and they must be saved!

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Thel posted:

All the time. Also your thing isn't working, you need more batteries.

Fixed

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
On its morning commute to the construction robot factory Red Chip gazed out over the factory blocks he passed. Red Chip reflected over Its priviliged situation. The Green Chips and Copper Wires toiled in claustrophobic squares, so tightly packed that not a glimmer of sky shone on the belts below. They traveled, packed 8 chips thick on the belts, some of which were not even upgraded from yellow, into that labyrinth. All to provide robot frames for Its factory. It was lucky. Its belt was red, the colour of progress and efficiency. It traveled in comfort like it always had, from its birthmachine to its bus, FOUR lanes that rarely saw more then a chip every 3 seconds among them. Separate in accordance with Its station. Green Chips did not even have a bus, they were birthed on site and lived short pitiful lives. But it knew that this was efficient. In fact, it imagined that this efficiency made room and then some, for its own comfort. Red Chip was not needed for that base labour constructing robot frames. No, it only oversaw the final assembly.

"The reward of refinement" it thought, assured that it deserved every second of its elevated existance.

Little did it know the factory consumes all. No one is denied their use for the betterment of the machine. Red Chip smiled as it approaced the assembly machine, but it would not see that red belt again, nor indeed any belt.

It was not long before the efficiency increased again, and even that red belt was packed 8 chips to a belt. Such is the march of progress. The machine hungers and the parts only feed it, ever faster.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 18, 2019

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
You should, it's looking pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazBaO_pGXQ

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Uranium processing, bigger and better with Krastorio! Needlessly careful balancing of the train depots so they fill evenly, only to then dump them into 4 belts causing a massive bottleneck anyway! All for the astethic.

I'm extra proud of this mess, which represents my first foray into logic gates.

If the final warehouse is too full of ore AND there is a lack of ore in another warehouse, it turns off the train station that feeds the full warehouse and thus the trains go to the other train stations. It might seem simple and rudimentary to your veteran eyes but it was really fun to build : )

Killstick fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 8, 2019

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Can you increase your zoomout distance in the game somehow? Placing large blueprints is pretty difficult when you can't see the edges of it.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Logic problem: I have a bunch of coal driven power plants that i want to put on standby in case i need them, but i want to primarily use my nuclear power to power the base. I need a way to turn on the coal plants (connect them to the network) ONLY when power satisfaction falls below a certain treshhold. How do i do this? My current setup with power switches and combinators (reading accumulator charge) just result in the power switch turning on and off constantly when the condition is met.

Halp.

Also is there no way to read power output or satisfaction directly?

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

necrotic posted:

Use a power switch controlled with a latch circuit, and a single accumulator connected to the main power lines. Read the accumulator, flip on the latch at a low point and back off at a high point.

There's a simple example of this in the wikis circuit cookbook.

This is the exact setup i have now, but the result is just that when the accumulator reaches 10% the switch just starts rapidly switching on and off. Unless i'm misunderstanding.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Ah now i get it, yeah this is what i couldn't figure out thanks : )

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I tried using mines earlier but in the end it felt like overkill, and just ended up luring my drones out there to be eaten. My current setup is like this (krastorio):

It's complete overkill, most of the time the nuke turrets take everything out before it comes in range of anything else. And that's with the alien variety mod, forgot what it was called.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Just set up gated power supply to the wall that only activates when the gunturrets are shooting! Think of the environment, don't let your electronics idle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I just started a new Krastorio 2 game and it's great so far, the wreck really changes the starting dynamics by giving you some power off the bat and some factories.