Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Why don't my regular electric inserters put stuff in labs? Do I need a special one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Evilreaver posted:

I've noticed what seems like a bug, if you 'insert' into the corner of something like a lab or factory, sometimes it won't take for reasons I can't fathom yet. Put it into the middle for the most reliable inserting.

Tried this, but it didn't work. Unless by corner you mean the edges and I need to use a longhanded inserter to get it into the middle of a factory.

Edit; for posterity, my setup.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 7, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Cheers! That helps a lot. I'll have to get to the blue inserters first, but that solution solves a lot of my problems.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
So now that I'm getting into bluepacks - and oil processing along with it - my powerlines are suffering. I have loads of solar panels set up, but it's not enough, especially not in the night, and I don't feel like using more steam engines. So my question is; how do the energy accumulators work? Can I charge them up with the solar panels and make them spread energy when the solar panels are down, or what?