Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

With peaceful hives as an option does it resume normal behavior once you have attacked a hive for the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

What is the maximum map size? If I just wanted to setup an oil refinery several kilometers out and have a openttd style train network is this possible?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

So I fell really hard for this game this week. Getting ready to start over for the third time. I saw the modular oil refinery post, are there any other modular setups? I know I saw people mentioning a 10MW power plant setup.

Heres what I've accomplished so far:

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Any tips for harvesting large amounts of stone for late game railroads? I feel that setting up a station for one stone mine is a waste.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

When I'm playing this I never get much further then the starting area. I see people making these sprawling bases, but I've never had to expand to far. How are you guys consumin so much late game?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

How do I store that much? I'd love to just have an endless oil refinery with pipelines running across the map if I could to transport the oil. Should we setup goonman lists for people who want to play together?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

DyTech is Gregtech, and I've already started seeing modders getting upset about modpacks.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Do beacons affect pumpjacks?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Does anybody know how to fix the "no blueprint found in toolbar" error from the blueprint manager mod?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I'd be up for trying out multiplayer. Was actually going to try to see if any of the mods i use had been updated and then start a new game.

Do we have like an IRC channel or a mumble/teamspeak spot for this game? Or set something up if we decided to do weekly games.

Edit: I enabled experimental updates and checked for updates. Restarted as well, it can't seem to find the .12 update. Am I missing something?

Krataar fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 20, 2015

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Did they change console commands? I used to run a few to scout the local area and make sure i liked my map.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

People use burner inserters? I immediately jumpstart electricity even if its just powering coal mines and a research facility

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

How do I do the logistics for fluid networks? So that Cracking is only done if lube is topped off.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I'm up for setting up a MP game. I usually just continue a map though and build another factory when my current one dissatisfies me.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Has anybody been running into dead biters or biters fighting each other? I found a huge field of dead biters on the limits of my exploring and I didnt kill any of them.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

There needs to be an automated way to deal with biters.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Are there any mods for permanent resource drains? Such as research that requires thousands of each beaker with exponential drains just to keep my factory hungry?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Will the map gen be changing in .17 or will I be able to carry over a save without the map looking like rear end?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I started an IR2 + K2 run and man it's a slog. I only just got to steel, I don't really have a decent bus. I'm staring down the barrel of starting my train network and getting oil going. Trying to figure out my next steps because it's a bit overwhelming and logic bots are far off.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Anybody know the name of the "rts" mod. Where you start with a roboport and bots and there's no actual character. Just bots running a base.

Edit: apparently it's called brave new world. Going to try to get it going with space block.

Krataar fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 20, 2021

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Does anybody know of any mods similar to IR3?

I like the Liquid Metal casting and steam era, but hate the dev and mountain of intermediaries. Plus the models look good.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Yeah I’ve done K2 and Bobs I made it to advanced circuits once and decided I was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Has anybody used the electric trains mod? I kinda don’t want to bother with fuel stations anymore.

Is there any more that just makes the mining/smelting process more interesting but leaves the rest alone? I want to be able to improve ores or do Liquid Metal’s that cast directly to simple parts like gears or wire but mostly just more interesting smelting without making green chips 20 hours away.

Or a beacon overhaul mod? Without SE

Krataar fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 3, 2023