Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

This train mission really needs to have the gather amounts lowered. They're out by like a factor of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Are there any good guides to how to set up the big gorgeous bus driven factories that I see posted here?

I'm trying to decipher them from the screenshots but you can only zoom in so far before everything becomes a blob.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Hagop posted:

Do my zoomed in screen shots from

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629545&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post429838812

help?

The basic principle is mats move left to right in a tight main buss of belts. When you want to make something new you spit the mats belts you need for it and have the new branches move perpendicular to the main bus until you get above or below the main bus. The belts your branch cross get sent underground. Then you pull mats off this branch below or above the main bus and process them and add the result to the main bus in a new belt.

*edit: if you use the one belt per mat and one lain left empty for merging like I do. It helps if you make sure that the lain that has the mat is always the same one, and that it is the side that your processing will happen on.

So all my main bus travels left to right and has the mats on the bottom of each belt. So all my processing is done below the main bus.

This plus the picture on page 3 were super helpful. Thanks!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Is there a prettier way to put items on the close side of the belt?

(Also you can see the results of babby's first bus, thanks guys!)

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sarrisan posted:

I should have known explosives were the answer.

Explosives are always the answer. Unless the answer is bots.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm just now getting into loving about with oil, but I'm finding the enemies in sandbox mode to be SUPER easy. I'm playing full black.

If I restart with more aggressive/plentiful enemies am I going to regret it later? I prefer a Dwarf Fortressy kind of challenge.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Hagop posted:

Their is a mod the fixes this called upgrade.

Are you sure that's the right name? I can't find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

gently caress that.

Rule of thumb: Chop down all the trees and mine all the coal to FEED THE FORGES.