Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Has anyone else noticed the biter expansions seems to be way more aggressive in 0.13? They seem to be expanding right up to the edge of my defensive lines way faster than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-175 uh oh. They're adding programmable speakers. I can't think of a single way my friends are going to troll multiplayer games with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fszKmpwZM

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Heads up, they reduced the red circuit production time to 6, so the new copper wire factory: red circut factory ratio is 1:6 now. Spent forever trying to figure out why I couldn't get full saturation.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Firos posted:

Can someone post a good smelter layout for me? I am bad at figuring one out on my own :(

This is the one I use. Once you get steel furnaces in it, the underground belts allow you to fully saturate the output line.

code:
0eNqdm99u6zYMxl/lwNfOgaj/zgPsBXY5HAxp6x0YcJ3AcYYVRd59TnOwBa0kf5+ugqbwTyRFijTFvDdP46U/
zcO0NPv3Zng+Tudm/8d7cx5+Tofx9t3yduqbfTMs/WvTNtPh9fbXMh+m8+k4L7unflyaa9sM00v/T7OXa7v58Hk5Tv3
ur8s8HZ77h2c18Owwnft56eeHxwyy5OthHHf92D8v8/C8Ox3Hx4Xt9Ufb9NMyLEN/V//jj7c/p8vr07rWXnKKt83peF
4fO063pVfUTmzbvK2fbsW/DPO64Mc/P3T7RNUE1cBUQ1A1TLUEVWCqI6gKpnqc2sHQgEMjDI04NMDQDod6GHozP0p1O
JUILDyuhAgsPK6ECCw8roQJLJyKBxYeVoLHFSEpHleEUfG4IvYfjysiBeBhhUeVxqMKPwA0HlT4UaXxmMIPVY2HFH78
azyiiEyliZDCY0rjMUVUABoPKqJa0XhUEZWVwcNK8LgyFWWgvaZAmgeZJMgUK9x8HZmm2UyJnqrxvv+ym/7ukiz3tWT
PF3VpK3kIISVEgDXqthSKpKljydIdopovaGYVrJnf0MwKIowrCaNhYeyWMKxHlxzaEg69JRfizyVvtpg3lwiwM6stZU
hf1iUbI65cOgwd7MlmQy2HOHLJjx3sx25LFNKNQ8HCDvbiuCUV4sTFM9khXtyVALATy5YXO9KLpeTGDnHjYlL3sB/Ll
iN7xJGl5Mke9mTZcmVPurKUfNkzr7u/8p8AHZ//HfsyvfTzz/m4fmbBLg1u/+sdTqfLran5dR3PF246aYfAgyQJiny7
75PeNoXtKIOaDYMeL0vGokExdWLSBEGYOjGN0EQ9liYYoohKEyxeYaQBjqgw0gSP5/I0IOAZOA2IRIZKEzo8QyUBURG
ZIE1gju80QdPHJHBKxoeT/DQOS8ZB7oKt2RcgWvoYAw6f6GiqSlrR02fjJ+l8ihpoqgJ0jtDemPTeJOXsiGMR2JWOOa
kRnlApRqUsCaTsTlPLSHmZfCLrDJ5CEOtYRmxfLbXD0xYitWekdrVbGuBMicgc8bSJ4JjKqdapRSnKq2vdQ5TAFQFgG
1FMMNp6qQ1chkBSM7HoqreUeDmHpMZf1SFcIIwg9Y4diWW6eg8hXvcR6wgTj1Lv2cIkTfH162i8hIXsYxi5q2NI+HrU
INLzBalGsL7u9ibZWREJ/O1NpuUjDxfo6L1JFtVV3ZukddT8rUdOrodLcvTOIovSVXcWGRUNfWeRlcuyFwZZkqu5MMg
o6Nl+f1aqwLbrs6RY067P6Nex7fqcVEbRvfIsSqp65WkNjaY73Vm5DN2nzqJsVZ86oyJ/4kMjZHz/2AKJxAR6khSSlu
8tQ9iOaCQg6ltFdDogoNDTrtCon6bHXSGsYeddIaplB14hqsO7JNBOeXaCFpIysCO0EDXivRZI944dyYUmRxU7kgtRh
R3JhaiaHcmFqAZuLyHb5CzeX4J4jp0YhpT25MQwBA3kxDAEjeTEMATFp1iQPfKKHECGxq+FHECGoBpulUGKG3KeGZLR
kvPMENSR88wQ1JPzzBA04I1BaI8i3BiEcB05bg39KkCx49YQVdhxa4iq2XFriGrwDiWyTcGy49uQlI4d34aoHu8+Qro
Hdhz8i5Q/2vsvCvcPP5hsm/GwUtbvtP32++319dtv99fX8/q/v/v5fL+ctVZbb5UTfb3+C6ty5e4=

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 26, 2017

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

NeuralSpark posted:

I use a version of that. Mine:

You can replace the furnaces with electric furnaces when you have them. Blue pulls the ore in, and the long red arms feed the plates into the opposite side. Steel poles power everything when run up the middle. If you need a more output, just put another lane beside it.

I really like this one for electrics and stones, but how do you get enough iron/copper ore and coal down that single middle line to fuel 24 steel furnaces? I had to use a red belt.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I found this on the internet recently as an end-game setup:

I've not had a chance to test it, but it's apparently able to output a compressed blue belt.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can feed both lines of smelters with a single horizontal belt at the bottom.

This is a very similar design I stole off the internet. Sadly I don't have access to the blueprint string right now.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Vivick posted:

Hey, thanks for the replies!

Babelfish, unless I'm missing something that only makes Iron (or Copper/Stone), right? I'm looking for a straight iron ore->steel smelter. It is a pretty neat design tho, better than the one I have been using for iron etc, so thanks! :wink:

Gwyneth, my problem with that design is that one smelter is only covered by four beacons, I really want them to be covered by eight.

Ahh, you're right, I tweaked it a little bit, so it's longer now, but converts an entire blue belt worth of iron ore to steel (image shows two lines, to illustrate how they can stack):

quote:

0eNqlXF1v20gM/CuFXu7FBkTup/IfDjjgHg/FwYnVngHHNmy5aFDkv5+cKIlQKNJw9ilNnMxqlzvkkGL5q7
rfX9vTeXfoqrtf1e7heLhUd//8qi6774fN/vaz7unUVnfVrmsfq1V12DzevrtvN/2vVs+ranfYtj+rO3leLf5Ru28fuvPuYf
3tej5sHtrRnyvw55eubffr037Tjf/SPX9dVe2h23W79vXRX755+vdwfbxvz/2T/f7Qq+p0vPS/3v+zX6qHWPu8qp5u
X2+w/ZqX2weXU9tu14/H7XXfrt3tEW/P+Bu4AuCBBXcAuLLgfhncNSx4AMAjCx4BcMeCJwC8ZsHzMrgmFrwB
wD0LLjWALjQ6wFGhOSoASYUmqQAsFZqlAtCUZqkANKVZKghNafBlmtIklWWW8s+9TFL6wHWZovRN0WWC8
ndcl/nJ01OX6cl7Fl1mJ+8UdZmdvD/XZXbykUiX2cnHUAXoSfNTl/nJ6xa3TFBecbllhvJa0S0ztEDlLjOU1+fOf559
TKjpwbYyXud07pd46HY/etzF5T442/48ndvLZX3t05Tz9/Ox/7q+b/fd1LIDjfskqNruzv1jvnzYP8xbHnQ4Xbtqar0P
Gn/bXLr17nBpz13/yeeZwm+L6BRqonbhphcAdpFNRqpLjdQw23N5YXvHa/fJ/nxNLZjY8/RiOU/nC8/TK7U95c/T
wbf+Lc4At957ahtCWylYrKS51EqR2Z5G3kqUF9FAn6fJi6iWniflRbSmzzPU8K2XDN/6IMw2pGGtFNRiJSkNyMFR
2/O8lSgvInTsDCYvIqWxM1BehA+dIcGXPuJ3PjOboMNxaEzyptBCkRIbfDCOnANhDzNa/Eepj4+M9+B9R/ToZcfv
emQyEjoGx2iwTqmiiYzAED4AR8ZtCH/TLW5DSt1GYtyG8OowCXrXDWImMZmI0I49OYsvKg29iVEWyjv2xHgOpY
VMsrgOLdWFifEdyuuYlNHrbshYE5OCKC3dc22wkCuNvZnRFY4PvpnxHY6OlNniO1xpqMyM7/B8qMwBve6GsmR
mcg9Px9+cDBbypfE3M+LC8/E3M77D06GyqU050GsUoQ+z+fAd++Ph+/q/Tb+17Wx13H3Yb1yCnwI3VTCGKi6/F
UOtM03uwU+hml6LDDVOfg/Bao63qipijmgq+4XCreD1iLdKJmIOU+lyKL7xe2is5ngr9wHmkNrEdClkutSCV0UdbB
CpTSRPpZtwVoskg0FMXJfSrQTcHgZzWEgeSreQjNYIBmNYmC7FxmjgJNtgDLEwXEq5IdZYLgZuiKmaWOqrBI7la
nBVYuG3NqV7sMZyNcQOsdDclfJc4FjugsEcFob7UoaLNZZ7XFmJWojuS4mucCT3uNAVpZoThhWIvEpGDYeP7X
Z3fVy/n93puG8/X0ymT8XjHT7x3QKLp8L1KcX5U/k0+xM19CmFqUWm72cyp3n11BFNg2ezHWXOjlS7wPC8xIk7
6jXgsAXm3o8aEMHzenfgk3CK570evveOagcYFmCswPUUBd4KuPweumQRoo3aDEGiDaVyhGijbkPw4ryLmEk46
uX+8LyMibk+oIY28aibED0vN3NeHk+gh5dJCNG4nsBhAcIKniK2Ot4KeFxWgYnmzZUyiTDRRh2A4MWROWXC9fc
JrSE8RWzhlRzX4Sd0yA5mYsuc4giGylgNEztQxBZeVwS8AN7APBt16aHKEaZZ4LQ1fWuojjxeYQRzuJ6TeQF+L47
HnkC9FmfPn+q34+kQrTJ7zkVEWGTjWjFaa9m4Uhz1x2F7nwtfVGMcrRIjw1I+dEUrSWVOIkaYpIKnYpFhqdBukutv
4/Whob8NL3iM+tvA4ite70jWupXMZWFcsxotnaheNeFzsGSV0joXBBNciFa8xJcYuay0Oud60XgZkuH/DaMJ5le2v
mtyCvNr1F+GXRk3F7kzk+86WuRQ/WOOVzmZ4bOjo3O20tnNKYuMv1fKMJ2p/jDHK4gMvzp2eNo16gID31bhaVf
D9It6Wk80TB7seT3RWMOzn1N0DdUPysfLUQcY+PRz4qKJ8EgvZkRLgmd6MegZHurFoDfwVC9mwEwNj/Vi0AW
e68WgKzzYi0F38GQvBt3Do70Y9ACP9mLQIzzai0FP8GgvBj3Do70Y9AYd7cXMa6rR0V4MuKCjvRhwBUd7MdgOH
O3FYHtwtBeDHcDRXgx2REd7MeAJHe3FgGd0tBcD3qCjvZiBZzU62osBF3S0FwOu6GgvBtyho70YcI+O9mLAAzrai
wGP6GgvBjyho70Y8IyO9loC//r68Q3ofV7xqtpv+kyl/9mfL7/6x/bL37cRwV/+GtoOX9b70Z4vr1mj9xpCyLWk5+f/Adr+fh0=

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 31, 2017

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

FISHMANPET posted:

Is this a good method for unloading trains? (found it on Reddit)

I think I understand the concept but it seems off to me and I can't quite place why. But being able to saturate 4 lanes from a single train stop would also be pretty great.

It looks pretty standard for a single sided unloading station. You won't quite fully utilize all four blue belts outputting from the top set of splitters (you would need 8 stack inserters for that)

this is one I stole from one of the first 0.15 goon servers, allows for 8 stack inserters off a single car instead of 6, but takes up more room around the station. (this was before the underground belt length changes, you don't need that middle up-down belt section if you're using blue belts now)

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

awesmoe posted:

After your first couple of starts you learn to leave yourself more space than you think you'll need
that generally ends up giving you enough room to just plonk down enough poo poo to launch a rocket
When I start scaling bigger than that i start planning things out

And then after a little while longer you realize you've put too much space between things and now it takes you five minutes to walk across the base, so you dial it back to a happy medium.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I pack ten+ personal laser turrets into my armor and just drive a tank through the middle of enemy bases while the turrets mulch everything. No ammo required! Use a couple of mk2 batteries though.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Anyone got a good blueprint book for rails running a 1-4-1 train design? I'm having one heck of a time building up the ones I need.

Edit: Yup, the fueling system for my nuclear power plan used the inserter system too, dangit.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 21, 2017

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Picer posted:

It also fuced up my nuclear, since i use circuit to control the inserters that feeds the reactors. :(

Rip game.

You can use decider combinators to replicate the old functionality: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=47556&p=290769#p290769

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

boo_radley posted:

OH MY GOD

this is the best idea since the honking train

There's a couple mods that give charging stations:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/Robo-Charge-1x1
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Kayron/Robo-Charge

Bob's logistics has charging stations too (along with a TON of other stuff)
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingabout/boblogistics

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

So I guess my question got lost in tank and nuke chat. Anyone got a good blueprint for blue circuits/processing units? Also, is this planner looking thingy accurate and such? If I'm designing the thing myself, it'll be nice if I don't have to also do all the math.

Are you looking for green->red->blue in a single location, or just the blue?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

At the time I asked, I was looking for just blue. Currently though, I'm in the middle of a tear down and rebuild that's got me looking for a good setup for all 3. Doesn't matter if they're separate builds or one big one that produces all 3, either way.

EDIT: I'm also looking for module blueprints as well, and really anything else that seems interesting. I've got a shopping mall design that is neat, and a few different blueprints for various science packs, but I do love looking at interesting designs people come up with.

I've seen this used ultra late game for just blue, it requires belt weaving, which I'm not sure I like: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/6emwov/yet_another_015_processing_units_build/
For earlier stuff I tend to use some variation of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/35zmvm/very_compact_blue_circuitprocessing_unit_factory/

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

ooooooh, I like that first one. I can double up on my green circuit setup and feed that easily. Now if I just had a good red circuit setup, I'd be set. Red circuit layouts that keep up with green and blue seem to be difficult to find.

https://pastebin.com/DR7q7f4K
This is a modification of one I stole from a guy on the internet. You can make it a little longer if you want to completely saturate the red belt/fully use the input belts, but I liked the symmetry of 10 red factories.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

M_Gargantua posted:

He's not bussing it, he's making it at the top of the stack

What really bugs me is that the output only uses one lane of that red belt

That many machines just barely fails to fill one side of a red belt, just stack two of this layout together and you just about fill a red belt on both sides. You could make it a little wider if you wanted, and twice as long to do the same thing, but that's a larger footprint.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

Staggering the assemblers slims it.

Three blue belts. Nothing tricky.

I still need to optimise the beacons and use both sides of the output belt.
Couldn't you put iron on the green circuit belt and vice versa? That would fill both sides of the output belt.

Edit: Never-mind, you could use a split after two green circuit factories to re-balance

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 29, 2017

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Chev posted:

Water is a resource in this game, not just an obstacle. They want you to have to take this constraint into account and not just be able to build a water supply out of nowhere.

There's also mods for things like "water pumps" you can use if you want things like that too.

Platystemon posted:

No. When inserters insert along the belt’s axis, they favour the right side (relative to the belt’s direction of travel). The up/down of the inserters doesn’t help.

Yeah, I keep forgetting they favor relative to the belt and not the inserter.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

By using high resource maps. I looked for a run like this and saw the following map:

They disable the achievements if you turn down biter base frequency/size, but you can still turn off expansion and evolution, while turning the starting area up as far as it will go.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Has anyone played with Logistics Train Network? I've been looking for something to automate train schedules for a while now, but have no idea what kind of impact on performance something like this will have.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

BrainMeats posted:

I hope they all get fed in to a recycler mod that melts them back down to iron.

In a surprise twist, it turns out the guns are a higher compression ratio. Suddenly all megabases stop belting iron and start belting pistols.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Once I discovered the idea of chunk aligned rail, I've never gone back. (press F4, go to 'basic' tab, turn off everything, turn on only 'show-tile-grid', press F4, use F5 to toggle grid on/off.) It allows me to start a rail line anywhere in the world, and as long as I align it to a chunk, it will align to the rest of my rail network.

None of the blueprint books I found really did what I wanted, so I started my own. Left hand drive with two rails for now, there's four pieces of stone brick aligned to the corners of the chunk to help with placement.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

What do you goons use for your fastest throughput loading and unloading of trains? I've been googling around, but all the stuff I find is from like 0.13, give or take.

Edit: This is assuming you want to use belts. If you want fastest possible, it's massive clouds of bots and loading/unloading from logistics chests.

I stole this out of one of the goon games that started up when 0.15 was in experimental. I've found it useful as a starting point for unloading stations:

With the new belt mechanics, once you've got blue belts, you don't need that middle section of undergrounds.

For loading I just balance to 4/8 belts, then split those in 1->6 balancers on each side of a car. (I tend to run 1-4-1 single direction trains)

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

Can you clarify this bit? You use belt balancers to balance out to either 4 or 8 belts, then... split them with up to 6 splitters? split them up with a 1 to 6 splitter for each side of the car? What?

Splitting the output to the chests/inserters very slightly improves load times in some cases, since a full blue belt can be consumed by three upgraded stack inserters, it ends up with only the first few chests filling until they fill completely.

I built a blueprint for my loaders and unloaders that do not include rail or the station itself, then put down the blueprints after I determine where on my track I want a station.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

DarkHorse posted:

You can also include the track (or whatever) in the blueprint for alignment purposes. They’ll turn blue if it matches existing construction. It was helpful for my refinery series where I could build up by lining up the previous line of buildings.

The problem I have with that is that belts/inserters/etc function off a single grid square, but rail tracks take up a 2x2 grid, so you end up with off-by-one alignments depending on how you set up the stations. Found it simpler to just place the station, then put down the loader/unloader based off the train car locations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Matazat posted:

What's the most efficient vanilla way to generate pollution continuously? I want to dedicate a small island to some sort of contraption whose only purpose is to spew as much pollution as possible. Bonus points if it doesn't create any physical byproducts to manage, and mega bonus points if it also has no inputs besides power.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Pollution You could rig up a bunch of pumps in a circular pattern, add water to the circle with an offshore pump, remove the offshore pump, then replace a couple pumps/sections of pipe to create some air in the system. Should just pump the same fluid around forever.

Edit: barreling/unbarreling is way more polution/tile.

quote:

0eNqlksFOwzAMht/F50Rau7GNvgESYhzghCaUtmazSNIoSYGq6rvjrFIRbANNnJo49efvT9tDqVt0nmyEogeqGhugeOoh0M4qnWqxcwgFUEQDA
qwyaadCQFNqsjtpVLUni3IOgwCyNX5AkQ1bAWgjRcKRd9h0z7Y1JXp+4XeSANcEbm5sMmCgzAV0/Mh4Rk0eq/GMq7ymg+ALaS3fVUQvS+U9aqYk6
ZAQwSHW0jR1qxO/WAyDOJLKJ6kQVfUqyQb0zDvWmY02+Xeb5Qnm/MKgf+dE42L3v6CLC4POfticQF5NSJc0z91YdkpnOfUarKk1EjWP8lRJ1+izLEZ
tx+Dc+PUXC9Cq5Dsp4H5z+/hws7nj0hv6MH6i9SrP19n1bJUPwyfFyv4T

Add about 50 barrels of water and it will run continuously.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 6, 2018

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I had a lot of problems adapting to splitter usage in the same way! It's a weird quirk that's fantastically popular for separating lanes of a belt, and the devs have said that the future graphics for underground entrances & exits will have a little plate there to visually indicate that it works.
Behold, the new underground notch.

It's a weird interaction, but can make a lot of interesting designs possible.

Dr. Stab posted:

It doesn't matter. Inserters preferentially draw from one side of the belt, but they are capable of drawing from either side.

Consider this scenario instead: your iron plate consumption is the same, but there's no imbalance. Instead of having 10 inserters turn on on one side to keep up with the demand, you'd have 5 inserters turn on on either side. As long as you're producing enough to saturate your consumption, the shape of the items on the belt doesn't matter.
In general, think about systems in terms of input and output. If you remove the belt from the equation, you have iron producers and iron consumers. Right now you have more iron producers than consumers. Are all of your consumers saturated? If yes, then the belt is doing its job and can be left alone, if no, then there's some sort of bottleneck and you can dial in and figure it out.
This took me a long time accept, but it's generally true. If you have a factory that can consume an entire two sides of a belt (moduled green circuits can eat an entire blue belt of copper with four factories, for example) it's more important to make sure you're properly balancing belt input.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 6, 2018

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

necrotic posted:

make it into rocket fuel

Then make that into nuclear fuel.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

LLSix posted:

Trains.

Fully upgraded fast inserters are good enough for all assembler use case I've found until you start adding speed modules. Especially fully beaconed speed modules. I've got a green circuit blueprint that has so many speed beacons it uses a full blue belt. I should revisit that design actually, I bet I've got more speed modules than the stack inserters can keep up with...

I've had to use stack inserters for inserting iron gear wheels into red/blue underground belts. The blue ones in particular require a ton of wheels and build quickly.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Some friends of mine did a Rampant game in a world that was about 60% water without bumping up the resource spawns (this was back in 0.15). It was pretty epic.

Gravy Jones posted:

Are turrets viable against late game/evolved biters for defence or do you neeed to switch to lasers?
Plutonium ammo turrets were some of the highest DPS things in the game in 0.16, I don't think 0.17 has changed that but I'm not sure. The issue was always that it's way easier to move power around than ammo.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
New changes are fine. The jump from green to blue science is still by far the largest in the game. Slightly simplifying oil processing early on is a good idea.