Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Is there an easy way to tell what mod is crashing the game? I crash on "Building Sprite Atlas" at startup with this error

and don't feel like enabling and disabling each mod one by one, is there a trick to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

RVWinkle posted:

I sarcastically make Trump references when making walls and border defences. I do it because he's a cartoon character, not because I'm a crypto fascist.

what do you think the material difference is to someone negatively affected by trump policies is? are they heartened by your irony?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
is there a good text writeup on the basics of LTN? I don't need it to do anything fancy just "when station a needs x of y material send train z to station b that has x of y material from a supply depot"

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Taffer posted:

Take a look at TSM too - they both have strengths but TSM made more sense to me and was a more natural extension from vanilla train setups, so it's what I use.

TSM seems neat but can you use multipurpose trains with it? It seems that each type of resource is its own closed network with its own supply depots using that mod.

Biffmotron posted:

An LTN network has three types of stations.

1) A depot station. Wire a constant combinator to the light on the LTN station and send it the signal Depot Station. I like to name my depots AAA-Depot so they're always on top of the station list.
2) A provider station. Say it's an iron mine, with a bunch of miners feeding iron ore to a set of chests with inserters to the train cars. Wire all the chest together and then to the light on the LTN station.
3) A requester station, which has a bunch of chests and inserters unloading from the train car. Wire these chests and a constant combinator to the light on the LTN station, and then set the constant combinator to negative 8000 iron ore.
4) Set up a train, and send it to the depot on automatic.

Couldn't this cause long wait times if a station doesn't have enough of a certain resource?

Saraiguma fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 4, 2020

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
so I'm messing with LTN on the demo map and I have a simple iron plate setup made and it should work but it's just stalled at the depot, any ideas?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

The Locator posted:

From your screenshot I have no idea what you have tried to do here.

With LTN your trains should have no circuit conditions at all. You give them an initial order to go park at a "Depot" and put them on automatic. They go to the depot and LTN issues all of their instructions from there as needed.

All the magic with LTN happens at the stations and that's where everything gets configured and set up.

Edit: Or are those orders on the train you are showing the ones that were issued by LTN?

That's what LTN autogenerates when I send the train to the depot, is the constant combinator on the receiver and is the pickup and I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Everything is properly signalled and the depot turns blue when there's no orders but when there are orders everything turns yellow (good) then never progresses (bad)

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Buff Hardback posted:

Your LTN inputs and the wiring reading the state of the station are on two separate circuits.

Try using the same wiring color to input on both stations and see if that fixes it.

I tried that and it didn't seem to change anything

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Buff Hardback posted:

Just to confirm, you also set the depot as a depot using the LTN Depot signal, right?

yep

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Buff Hardback posted:

want to throw that version of the save somewhere so i can take a look?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BiukYBFGOEMpDCj-dkI8KWH95x0rf71p/view?usp=sharing

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Joiny posted:

Settings -> Mod Settings -> Map tab -> LTN -> Untick schedule circuit conditions. Then send your test train to the depot again for it to reset it's current schedule. The problem is you have that box ticked which requires you to send specific color coded signals to the station to let the train move.

Buff Hardback posted:

Yeah, working on that map is kind of a pain in the rear end. due to all the circuit condition stuff they've got going

oh thanks, I figured it was something incredibly silly but it is especially silly that a default off setting defaults on on the demo map

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

nrook posted:

I'm still very confused about how to use LTN. Does LTN commandeer random trains and boss them around? Or do I need to somehow order my trains to become part of the logistic train network?

if you send a train to a supply depot it will become part of the logistic network

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Containerisation mods are going to be brutally annihilated by quality, I suspect.

I only ship steam in legendary barrels on legendary pallets in legendary containers on epic cargo ships bc I didn't roll well enough on need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

DontMockMySmock posted:

Not believing in sales is just one of Kovarex's weird quirky opinions that he won't budge on, like thinking that statutory rape is cool sometimes.

and don't even get him started on those wacky lesser races!