Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
I'm trying to figure out logistics bus-belts - my basic core right now is wire, copper, iron plates, steel beams. To get blue science, I need a lot more than that - and I'd guess I don't want a logistics belt of fast inserters going down my core. What's a solid blue-science production line even look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Filthy Monkey posted:

The bus-belt line I posted here makes blue science.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629545&pagenumber=6#post429523818

The one change I would make is probably an extra copper mine/smelter, an two extra copper wire factories, and two extra circuit factories.

I don't add some secondary products to main belt, if I know I won't use them anywhere else.

I wouldn't try to feed more than two or three labs to start. You can expand later, if you feel the need.

Thanks, that's a lot cleaner than mine. I'll give that a shot.

I took it up to power armor - but I'm wedged on research because I missed a purple x3 on my current one so I need to go murder more biter nests to finish.

Do you lose everything if you change research? red/green/blue whatever, but purple is painful to lose.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Edit: Whoops, SALR added this to the wrong thread.

There's no way to prioritize energy sources, right? I want solar->battery->steam, but it goes solar->steam->no battery because steam is online. In the end I just went with 12 GW of solar and a gigantic battery base that trivially lasts all night.