Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

Retro42 posted:

Biters are Eco-terrorists. The hostility level is based on pollution. More you make, the more aggressive they get. Too much pollution and they evolve into tougher versions. It's a great concept where you have to balance high performance, high pollution factories with more spread out, slower factories.
Open the map and press alt to see if your pollution is about to annoy the neighbors.

After the insanity of trying to make my blue science pack setup workable, I was a little disappointed that the purple science pack is so simple. I think my next game will have an oversize factory using trains to ferry different components around for the blue packs rather than trying to make it compact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

So can solid fuel replace coal for recipes or just for furnaces?
Pretty sure just for burning things. You also need to select the recipe for your refinery to follow.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
Your labs appear to be working. They will only insert a few bottles and replace them as they get used, they wont just keep cramming them in there.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

Alright, next question, the only way to get artifacts/purple science is by killing alien bases, yea? All the bases around have worms that kill me dead and none of my weapons (upgraded as high as non-artifact weapons go) hurt them at all. I suppose it comes down to which of the Rocket Launcher or Flamethrower is worth getting.

E: Probably the rocket launcher just to have the infrastructure for the rocket defense later
Only the spawners drop artifacts, the worms don't. Rocket launchers don't out range big worms, the best way to take those out is poison capsules. Sadly the spawners don't take any damage from those. Once you've taken out the worms and can get up close the flamer makes short work of spawners.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
I like to just put a bunch of exoskeleton speed boost thingies on my power armor, then I can run circles around huge swarms of biters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

Rent posted:

Trains are really hard for me. I can manually drive my train and it's fine, but when I try to tell it to automate it says no pathing
You probably put the station on the wrong side of the track.