Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simble
May 11, 2004

Focus on handcrafting as little as possible and overbuilding everything and the early game starts to accelerate really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simble
May 11, 2004

Loren1350 posted:

Burner inserters actually don't pollute.

Clean coal is real

simble
May 11, 2004

Counterpoint: bots are bad

simble
May 11, 2004

Stack inserters are good at filling a belt (like from a requester chest), or train loaders/unloaders.

They may be beneficial when making some things like electric drills since they take a lot of stuff, but the gain would only be marginal over a fast inserter I think. Someone else do the math. Really just make more factories and all problems are solved.

simble
May 11, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

Edit: On a different topic: What I really want to do in Factorio is optimize builds and logistics, particularly via trains. Those are always such relaxing and fun sessions. But when I really just want to play with trains and such, first I have to build a base that requires trains (plus the infrastructure and tech to build them in the first place ofc) which can take 2 hours or so. I wish there was a good way to get to the meat when I want to skip the appetizer.

I totally agree with this. Also give me a personal roboport and some construction bots from the start. Laying track sucks rear end.

Edit: Tryin dis.... https://mods.factorio.com/mod/early_construction

simble
May 11, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

That's post-oil, right? I hit the end of the line after just barely getting green science going, so I either have to turn the bus and rebuild or, uh, restart with cliffs off in mapgen :v:

You can also use underground belts to go through cliffs.

simble
May 11, 2004

Radars are good for the same reason an assembler is good. It's passive and always going.

simble
May 11, 2004

It's an any % specific map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simble
May 11, 2004

You can almost hear the ore crunching along on those belts now. That looks real nice.