Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

edgeman83 posted:

This game is absolutely blowing up... at least on the people I have subscribed to on Youtube. At least 4 people have posted videos in the last week or two playing the game. Hopefully this turns into a Banished-like event when it gets on Steam and it stays stuck at #1 for multiple weeks.

Only catch is that some of the most popular channels do the zero-editing, from the beginning Let's Play thing, and that is really not the way to showcase this game in a reasonable length video. Sips just released a video on the Yogscast channel that illustrates the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBh3Fn_25OQ

I know we're all conditioned to ignore youtube comments, but it's still kind of disheartening. It's not even "poo poo sucks, kill yourself" type comments, just "I do not like this game, please play something else", which actually feels more damning somehow. The guy did a bunch of videos of some "prison architect" game I'm not familiar with, so it's not like he's never shown building/management based games before. I just hope he does a little research before the next video and shows some reasonable small-scale automation of red/green vial production, so at least the set of his subscribers that would like this can see how it really works.

Funny how this game is way more effective at making me feel like a moron than any Braid/Portal/Swapper type of game. Mostly because I see some of the more elaborate setups people put together and think "why can't I figure that out". Sometimes I copy other people's effective designs in other "building" games, but something about Factorio makes me feel like I'd be regressing to my middle school cheat-code-using days if I did that here. The whole point seems to be, what can *I* figure out.

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

If you already bought the game, this doesn't affect you in the slightest

But I kinda want the Switch version, eventually.. and its not in the budget to just rush and buy it right now. If I were determined to get it, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I was on the fence due to all the limitations of that version, so... idk.