Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I didn't know what to make of the N4 kill attempt. I knew in my gut it had to be me targeted, but TT should have known my role.

But then last night I just thought TT was grilling me on my role because maybe he only had flavor, and he suckered me into revealing more or something. Or he had snippets and pieces, but didn't realize which alternating nights I could hide on.

I was fully expecting to get lynched when I started using my PR. I think if merk had pushed me instead of xopods I'd have been lynched D1 instead of him.

Not that it would have hurt the town. I had a bad gutfeel about F_V all game, but was super wrong about merk and TT, and swapped off Hal too quickly. I KNEW his line about dying if he got passed to someone specific was bullshit, but I didn't keep it in mind enough.

Opoptuition was awesome. That merk no-lynch really helped the town, although it unfortunately took too drat many mislynches along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Pander you played an amazing game, good job dude

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah good job Pander, good job Ard, good job town on turning things around.

I don't know if I've ever been as frustrated as I was when that vote was sitting out there on Sandwolf for hours and none of my scumbros were around.

Thanks a lot wins, great game!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I figured I was a goner today so thanks for not making me waste time posting Ard. There were too many basically confirmed people running around at the end there for me to get out of that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry I got so lazy at the end there, after I had merk I just couldn't seem to find another.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I really worried about some obtuse potential theory based on sandwolf's play.

1) Pushed super-hard on merk.
2) really defended F_V
3) Came back town in eccocop after merk was lynched.

Theory: sandwolf was a usurper who needed to lynch merk to become a new godfather. Gets copped, rests on that laurel for rest of the game.

I still can't believe he waited so long to hand out an elite bodyguard :gonk:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pander posted:

Theory: sandwolf was a usurper who needed to lynch merk to become a new godfather. Gets copped, rests on that laurel for rest of the game.

This would be funny because I had just posted in the Discussion Thread about usurpers, and then I drew Godfather in this game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Good job Pander, you really pulled it off.

I wish I played a better game though. The only thing I can kinda feel proud about was seeing the day vig as faked, but I couldn't express why properly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
neigh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Congrats town.

I played an awful game from the start and I knew it. I went into the game really really really not wanting to be scum and then had trouble getting into the right mindset. When Pander picked me as scum on my first post I struggled to get involved through the rest of the game. Sorry for that.

What did I like least? I felt really underpowered as a scum team when there were just the 3 of us. Losing merk was very demoralising. With only 2 of us, and Hal restricted in his night actions because he was an item not a person, I didn't think we had a chance. Picking TT up helped, but if things had gone differently and he never joined scum we had no chance.

I also didn't like Pander's RP posts. I know that was the role and not his personality (at least I hope so....) but reading that stuff really lessened my enjoyment of the game.

What I liked most was watching Opop nail merk on meta. Even though merk was on my team and I didn't want him lynched I found it really amusing watching how spot on Opop was. (I am sure merk will disagree with this assessment)

MVP to Pander for sure. I spent the whole game scared of/in awe of how accurate he was.

Scum doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19JnO6u2lPmErtrMzWxjTxaKh8O3ajWCCDl5yscUuJp4/edit#gid=1382627503

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What I liked most was watching Opop nail merk on meta. Even though merk was on my team and I didn't want him lynched I found it really amusing watching how spot on Opop was. (I am sure merk will disagree with this assessment)

:allears: I know, he hates it, it's the best part

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Congrats town.

I played an awful game from the start and I knew it. I went into the game really really really not wanting to be scum and then had trouble getting into the right mindset. When Pander picked me as scum on my first post I struggled to get involved through the rest of the game. Sorry for that.

What did I like least? I felt really underpowered as a scum team when there were just the 3 of us. Losing merk was very demoralising. With only 2 of us, and Hal restricted in his night actions because he was an item not a person, I didn't think we had a chance. Picking TT up helped, but if things had gone differently and he never joined scum we had no chance.

I also didn't like Pander's RP posts. I know that was the role and not his personality (at least I hope so....) but reading that stuff really lessened my enjoyment of the game.

Scum doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19JnO6u2lPmErtrMzWxjTxaKh8O3ajWCCDl5yscUuJp4/edit#gid=1382627503
Sorry. I figured I'd sprinkle in a little bit of antisemitism and movie talk, but the role Wins gave me involved getting blackout drunk. So given that it'd get me hiding, I decided to really nail the South Park type of Mel Gibson, drunk and full of racist/sexist insanity. I can promise that it was a PR and I don't find anything that I said due to the PR to be sensible or acceptable.

You did a good job surviving so long. After merk's lynch, the YPM and CE lynches were real bad, and you did an excellent job letting the town fall on itself.

I disagree with your assessment of the setup. I think this game was won and lost by virtue of the play, not by the setup/roles. The scum team wasn't underpowered, it just didn't play towny (you and Hal were under the microscope often, merk was cased by a few people well, and TT just didn't post enough to get away with his sandwolf-and-only-sandwolf case). That wasn't a matter of team balance, it was scum that didn't have a killer instinct to not only take the lead but OWN it. It should not have been so hard to get Ard lynched instead of F_V, for instance. But nobody laid down enough ground work or did enough research to craft a convincing case, so I pushed F_V and Hal decided to bus.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Even a broken clock is right once a year with month/day.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

yeah, fair point to xopods: If you're factually incorrect about something, maybe you should rethink your position on the matter rather than double down.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

Even a broken clock is right once a year with month/day.

Eh. They saw something I didn't, but I guess it can be that way. Fooling one person might make another person suspicious.

I didn't like how you seemed to avoid pushing F_V as scum, and once you started with your godfather-finder claim I was pretty sketched. But otherwise, welp.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Waitaminute you KNEW I was a hider but you still made the claim that I wasn't a godfather?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

God I love scumdocs! :D

code:
Hal: I don't know, I think wins is pretty solid with deadlines so it might not hurt to vote him if it isnt goign to get him lynched
F_V: should i vote merk for cred/distancing?
Hal: yeah may as well vote him
F_V: i think he could only get 6 max with the people around
I KNEW IT! That was the exact argument I used to catch Juanito as scum in the 3rd game I ever played, lovely Wok's Godfather Mafia. the "oops a bit too late to move the vote" ploy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pander posted:

Waitaminute you KNEW I was a hider but you still made the claim that I wasn't a godfather?

I knew you were a Hider after you jumped on me for claiming you weren't a Godfather. I didn't know before that.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I can't believe the scum had my exact full-claim and still thought I was

1) a self-jailer
2) killable despite, according to wins, unkillable since empowering doesn't beat hiding (and it's explicit in Hal's role)
3) Lying about having more vigs (I used 2 on D1, that was all I had)

that's just poor communication. Scum lost a kill they really needed in the end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

I can't believe the scum had my exact full-claim and still thought I was

1) a self-jailer
2) killable despite, according to wins, unkillable since empowering doesn't beat hiding (and it's explicit in Hal's role)
3) Lying about having more vigs (I used 2 on D1, that was all I had)

that's just poor communication. Scum lost a kill they really needed in the end.

I totally missed you were a hider :smith:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

merk posted:

I think Pander should be MVP even though Ard did the killing blow. Pander's work the last two days should be commended. He went from handing the scum a victory by voting Sandwolf/Ard to clearing (or not voting) Sandwolf/Ard in like one game day.
I definitely agree with this sentiment. I'm pretty proud of my late game play, but my early and mid game were pretty meh. Pander's constant engagement is what helped me to get reengaged in the game, and even when he was wrong about people he was breaking things down in a way that was easy to work with. 10/10, would Town with him again.

I agree with Pander's assessment of the setup. It seemed a little tilted towards Scum, but it left plenty of room for good play on both sides.

The lurking got pretty bad around the middle of the game, but other than that I had a lot of fun.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Slightly Toasted posted:

:ghost:That was ballsy:ghost:
Oh, and yeah, they're huge and brass. Man would I have felt dumb if I were wrong.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah good job Pander, good job Ard, good job town on turning things around.

I don't know if I've ever been as frustrated as I was when that vote was sitting out there on Sandwolf for hours and none of my scumbros were around.

Thanks a lot wins, great game!
I can only imagine. I have nightmares about stuff like that when I get to late game as Scum. You played a solid game and had me convinced for a little while that I was wrong about you.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

One of the things I tried to do with this setup was to give most roles a hard counter. xopods couldn't be killed by F_V's vig, Pander could drink all of Hal's charges away, TT and Hal were recruitable by Meinberg's "no killing role" masonry under certain conditions, merk could mess up Opop's watches, but xopods could block a mind controlled kill on someone else if the killer also visited him with their night action, etc. It added a lot to the variance of the setup, but it ensured that at least one strange thing would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I would also like to apologize to Crazy Eyes for screwing up his PM. I feel really horrible that he got lynched in part because of it.

• Locked thread