Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I invented the turbo lynch but Ben Franklin took credit for it.

##Vote Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I'm actually doing this again.

Hello long time no see.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tearshed posted:

I'm actually doing this again.

Hello long time no see.

Shut up and turbo gramps

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
If we don't turbo him before he comes back it won't be funny and then I'll cry

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I don't understand any of these cultural references.

I'm just going to pretend I'm in Australia in 1783. I have all these barrels of rum, I'm rich! But I can't drink them or I will be poor. What is a ne'er-do-well like myself supposed to do?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Your Personal Muse posted:

If we don't turbo him before he comes back it won't be funny and then I'll cry

I always knew you were a crybaby.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I always knew you were a crybaby.

stop it your hurting my feelings

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't understand any of these cultural references.

I'm just going to pretend I'm in Australia in 1783. I have all these barrels of rum, I'm rich! But I can't drink them or I will be poor. What is a ne'er-do-well like myself supposed to do?
5 years too early mate.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Confirming I am wickedly hung over. Woke up in some rotting back alley with night soil thrown upon me. What a city!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hail kids.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Normally I'd be all for a turbo on me, but I must request that you not do so.

You might ask, "who is this guy and why does he think his survival is so important? He must be scum!"

And, again normally, I'd agree with you. But there are additional details at play here! For you see, one amongst you... wishes to see me dead. Not for the sake of town or even scum, but as part of some nefarious third party, whose sole purpose is to see to my death. Do we wish for such a nefarious villain to continue to dwell amidst our number? Or shall we root him out like a shepherd beating at the rushes to scare out the snakes?

Do not let this man corrupt the noble game we have before us. Do not give in to your base desire to see me dead. Instead, let us remove this killer, one way or another.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Merk is scum. He's not posted in more than three hours. He's lurking. He's scum.

##vote merk

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Meinberg posted:

You might ask, "who is this guy and why does he think his survival is so important? He must be scum!"

And, again normally, I'd agree with you. But there are additional details at play here! For you see, one amongst you... wishes to see me dead. Not for the sake of town or even scum, but as part of some nefarious third party, whose sole purpose is to see to my death. Do we wish for such a nefarious villain to continue to dwell amidst our number? Or shall we root him out like a shepherd beating at the rushes to scare out the snakes?

Do not let this man corrupt the noble game we have before us. Do not give in to your base desire to see me dead. Instead, let us remove this killer, one way or another.

Why?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Meinberg posted:

So the zionist hollywood conspiracy is after you too, huh?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Because I'm town, and this person probably is a third party scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

If there is a dude trying to kill you you sure made it easy for him to find you

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

If there is a dude trying to kill you you sure made it easy for him to find you

Well, gently caress.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Pander posted:

So the zionist hollywood conspiracy is after you too, huh?

Mel Gibson wasn't alive in the 1700s. Lynch all anachronisms! ##Vote Pander

Meinberg posted:

I feel like you haven't thought this all the way through. Lynching someone for being a Lyncher is almost as bad as lynching the lynchee. It takes up a lynch and gives us no real information about any of the people joining the lynch. Plus, there are 3 likely Lynchers at this point, so unless the lyncher claims we're likely to get the wrong one and have to repeat this whole fruitless endeavor tomorrow. If we're going to address the Lyncher situation, it will be by lynching you and being done with it.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Meinberg posted:

Well, gently caress.

Did your lyncher know your flavor or your username or both?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ardulac posted:

Plus, there are 3 likely Lynchers at this point

Are you liiting this to people who jumped in the Meinberg mini turbo? lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Are you limiting this to people who jumped in the Meinberg mini turbo? lol

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Ardulac posted:

Did your lyncher know your flavor or your username or both?

I'm assuming he just knows my flavor. I don't know his name, but I have an inkling towards his flavor.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

You know I came up with the idea for Mr Ed before Ben Franklin stole the idea and sold it to his Illuminati friends.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Ardulac posted:

Christ another fuckin method actor. ##vote ardulac

Meinberg posted:

Those last few words don't make any sense. Unless you bought into Eccoraven's bullshit distinctions between 'scum' and 'mafia', which are shite. There's scum and then there's third party, they're not the same fuckin thing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

Christ another fuckin method actor. ##vote ardulac
Those last few words don't make any sense. Unless you bought into Eccoraven's bullshit distinctions between 'scum' and 'mafia', which are shite. There's scum and then there's third party, they're not the same fuckin thing.

Sounds like something that Town-scum would say

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Haha! ##vote Meinberg

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha! ##vote Meinberg
Haha what is this shite? ##vote Hal Incandenza

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha! ##vote Meinberg

Come on dude, don't be that way. Like, for reals.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

Come on dude, don't be that way. Like, for reals.

Maybe lunch will alter my perspective.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha! ##vote Meinberg

What the gently caress is this Ben Franklin bullshit? Voting Meinberg was my idea, and you stole it, without giving any credit to me? Why don't you go back to Filthadelphia you scoundrel

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe lunch will alter my perspective.

Blaming poor thought processes on food? Scum play

##vote hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My office is really hot. :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Blaming poor thought processes on food? Scum play

##vote hal

No Magnus don't do it. I'm town and scum want me dead!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Looks like some folks been dipping into my bourbon casks when I wasn't looking. They must be plum sloppy drunk to be spouting such hogwash!

Ardulac posted:

I feel like you haven't thought this all the way through. Lynching someone for being a Lyncher is almost as bad as lynching the lynchee. It takes up a lynch and gives us no real information about any of the people joining the lynch. Plus, there are 3 likely Lynchers at this point, so unless the lyncher claims we're likely to get the wrong one and have to repeat this whole fruitless endeavor tomorrow. If we're going to address the Lyncher situation, it will be by lynching you and being done with it.

Joke vote combined with weirdly phrased attempt at content suggesting there exists multiple lynchers for no reason. Puts me on edge to see folks bandying about third party talk so freely. I don't like the look of it one iota, no siree.

I have never played with this feller what who claims someone is trying to get him killed (he didn't say lynch, someone else suggested that specific scenario). It seems overly stupid for someone, who is trying to avoid a specific payer from killing them, to draw such attention in this way. Makes their job too daggum easy! There are much better ways to say what he meant. There be more to this than meets the eye.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else as pissed at Hal as I am w/ re: to him stealing my idea to vote Meinberg? Hal, you are a Churlish Bum-Bailey, I will not rest until the world knows of your fraud

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
CHURLISH I DO SAY! A regular urchin-snouted coxcomb

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Crazyeyes posted:

Joke vote combined with weirdly phrased attempt at content suggesting there exists multiple lynchers for no reason. Puts me on edge to see folks bandying about third party talk so freely. I don't like the look of it one iota, no siree.

I decided to make a joke, but then saw something worth actually commenting on. Oh, and I have no idea where you're getting that multiple lyncher idea from. I was saying that one of the people voting Mein was the likely lyncher, but lynching Mein definitely solves the problem while lynching one of those three might result in us lynching someone other than the actual lyncher. That was based on the idea that the lyncher knew Mein's name though. I agree that it's probably best to just ignore the whole 3rd Party angle though and focus on whether people are actually being Scummy.

JakeP posted:

Is anyone else as pissed at Hal as I am w/ re: to him stealing my idea to vote Meinberg? Hal, you are a Churlish Bum-Bailey, I will not rest until the world knows of your fraud

Nope.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

One day when you have a genius idea, and that greedy traitor Ben Franklin steals the credit you will know how it feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Yay I'm finally town again :toot:

JakeP posted:

One day when you have a genius idea, and that greedy traitor Ben Franklin steals the credit you will know how it feels.

What if I steal your idea to become indignant

• Locked thread