Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Crazyeyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tearshed posted:

Anyone awake at this time of day?

JakeP posted:

##vote tearshed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

If it was a requirement he'd presumably be out of the game by now. I see it as more of a backup or dropped item type role.

Spoken like a man who's a mod at heart

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

##vote Pander

Merk wasn't thrown off by roleplaying, he was correct. Roleplaying or no, Pander is not being sincere in his opinions and I saw it too.

The fact Merk let go of his read so quickly just because Opop called him suspicious for it also pings me, though.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hey sandwolf do you think your role would still be useful for town even if you didn't shoot Mein?

And did the mod confirm with you that you got "upgraded"?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

xopods posted:

##vote Pander

Merk wasn't thrown off by roleplaying, he was correct. Roleplaying or no, Pander is not being sincere in his opinions and I saw it too.

The fact Merk let go of his read so quickly just because Opop called him suspicious for it also pings me, though.

Load of horse poo poo. What aren't I sincere in dipshite?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Sandwolf is probably 3p but who cares

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Your Personal Muse posted:

Sandwolf is probably 3p but who cares

Neigh, neigh

Neigh!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to agree. Sandwolf's move doesn't seem scummy in the least.

Wot? TT was sayin it was why sandwolf was scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hal is a yeasty clapper-clawed fustililarain. What did you expect?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

Neigh, neigh

Neigh!

Two neighs if you were agreeing with that post, one if you weren't

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
clip clop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Neigh, neigh!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

Neigh, neigh!

Good horse. Want a sandwich?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Pander posted:

Load of horse poo poo. What aren't I sincere in dipshite?

Going after Sandwolf is lazy if you're Town, and you're not usually lazy. Conversely, it's a tempting thing to do as Scum, since it's an easy vote for which you can provide a justification that most people won't call scummy, even if they disagree with it. Furthermore, if he does get lynched, it's possible that he flips third party, so you don't have to deal with the consequences of leading a Town lynch.

I don't think you really believe he's a good D1 lynch for the Town cause.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Your Personal Muse posted:

Good horse. Want a sandwich?

Neigh, neigh!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

Neigh, neigh!

Too bad, you're a dumb horse

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

Going after Sandwolf is lazy if you're Town, and you're not usually lazy. Conversely, it's a tempting thing to do as Scum, since it's an easy vote for which you can provide a justification that most people won't call scummy, even if they disagree with it. Furthermore, if he does get lynched, it's possible that he flips third party, so you don't have to deal with the consequences of leading a Town lynch.

MY GOD YOU'RE A GENIUS! YOU CONCLUDED THAT I DON'T REALLY BELIEVE HE'S A GOOD D1 LYNCH FOR THE TOWN CAUSE! WHICH IS SOMETHING I AGREE WITH! IT'S WHY I AM NOT SCREAMING ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD BE LYNCHING HIM! IT'S WHY I'M FUCKIN ON CRAZYEYES FOR PRETENDING LIKE COLD HARD MOD META LOGIC IS A VALID SUBSTITUTE FOR ACTUALLY TRYING TO PERCEIVE ALIGNMENTS!

LEARN HOW TO FUCKIN READ YOU IGNORANT TWAT.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

xopods posted:

##vote Pander

xopods posted:

These posts sound exceptionally fake. It sounds like you haven't even thought about this situation at all.

##vote xopods

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Lordy, lord Pander is one angry drunk!

Pander posted:

IT'S WHY I'M FUCKIN ON CRAZYEYES FOR PRETENDING LIKE COLD HARD MOD META LOGIC IS A VALID SUBSTITUTE FOR ACTUALLY TRYING TO PERCEIVE ALIGNMENTS!

It is. The only kind of logic is cold logic. You're being overly dramatic without reason.

I hope that Capps' post restriction is self- inflicted and stops soon. That will become very tiring very quickly. Do you have any reads, Capp?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Wot? TT was sayin it was why sandwolf was scum.

He sure was. I totally misinterpreted that nested quote!

Well then TT is dumb, that vig was not scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tearshed posted:

Hey sandwolf do you think your role would still be useful for town even if you didn't shoot Mein?

And did the mod confirm with you that you got "upgraded"?

The only use my original role would have been would be I'd have a vig that I could shoot scum with I guess? But we all know how likely that is.

And yes, I am mod-confirmed to have been given a more useful role!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I want to vote merk or Crazyeyes. Does anyone have an opinion on merk?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

He's definitely acting weird for merk. Pretty willing to jump around and be easily talked out of cases. I think he's kinda changed up the way he plays the last few games I've seen him in thought so maybe this is just his new "less engaged" style.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I dont think Merk seems very scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

He's definitely acting weird for merk. Pretty willing to jump around and be easily talked out of cases. I think he's kinda changed up the way he plays the last few games I've seen him in thought so maybe this is just his new "less engaged" style.

When was the last time Merk was "engaged" early in a game? Hes been like this for years

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JakeP posted:

When was the last time Merk was "engaged" early in a game? Hes been like this for years

I disagree, usually merk finds something that pings him and pursues it. He's been really jumpy and undecided.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

These are my thoughts as well, I'm going to end up on one of the two

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Crazyeyes posted:

Lordy, lord Pander is one angry drunk!

It is. The only kind of logic is cold logic. You're being overly dramatic without reason.

I hope that Capps' post restriction is self- inflicted and stops soon. That will become very tiring very quickly. Do you have any reads, Capp?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mr Ed could talk bhole

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Why? What is my motivation? If I was scum, wasn't the person who wanted to kill Meinberg, knew both of those two parties were town, wouldn't it be wiser just to let whoever is town kill another town without getting involved?

Maybe you figured he was 3P and you'd be applauded for killing him? Or maybe you're 3P and figured he was 3P too or scum? There's no reason you'd KNOW he was town even if you were scum.

Thing is I don't think you're scum. Scum tend to want to save vigs for strategic reasons, use it to surprise the town by turning MYLO/LYLO to GAME OVER. Shooting someone day one is too fuckin stupid for scum, to borrow a common sayin. The only reason to shoot as scum D1 would be to look towny, which is completely outweighed by the benefits of holdin on to it short of "I'm about to be lynched".

Sandwolf posted:

The only use my original role would have been would be I'd have a vig that I could shoot scum with I guess? But we all know how likely that is.

And yes, I am mod-confirmed to have been given a more useful role!
Mod-confirming only counts if it's in thread. Otherwise it's effectively "talking out of my own arse". You're nothing confirmed except for "dude who shot town when that town person said a scum/3P would kill him."

Also, what the gently caress kind of role do you call "more useful" than a vig? A vig is insanely useful and CAN be pro-town if you're not a fuckin twat about it. Your excuses about why you'd kill someone look more and more like post-hoc bullshit.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pander posted:

Maybe you figured he was 3P and you'd be applauded for killing him? Or maybe you're 3P and figured he was 3P too or scum? There's no reason you'd KNOW he was town even if you were scum.

Thing is I don't think you're scum. Scum tend to want to save vigs for strategic reasons, use it to surprise the town by turning MYLO/LYLO to GAME OVER. Shooting someone day one is too fuckin stupid for scum, to borrow a common sayin. The only reason to shoot as scum D1 would be to look towny, which is completely outweighed by the benefits of holdin on to it short of "I'm about to be lynched".

Mod-confirming only counts if it's in thread. Otherwise it's effectively "talking out of my own arse". You're nothing confirmed except for "dude who shot town when that town person said a scum/3P would kill him."

Also, what the gently caress kind of role do you call "more useful" than a vig? A vig is insanely useful and CAN be pro-town if you're not a fuckin twat about it. Your excuses about why you'd kill someone look more and more like post-hoc bullshit.

Okay, it's not mod-confirmed to anyone but me but he sent me a special PM, is that better and more specific to you?

And stop loving phishing. If you don't loving think I'm scum, stop wasting time with hypothesizing, all it's gonna do is waste time.

Furthermore, I'm assuming Meinberg had some reason to want ME dead, I don't see why else he would call me scum/3P, unless he's an idiot who just didn't want to die.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

unless he's an idiot who just didn't want to die.

god DAMNIT meinberg

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I don't listen to that hippy bullshit that pretends to be music so call it FISHIN jackass.

And I'm saying I don't like you, which does matter, because don't you know who the gently caress I am?! I don't put up with the bullshit you and people like you try to sell.

Just fuckin admit if you're 3P already and stop the I AM SO PRO-TOWN MY rear end IS BLEEDING TOWNYNESS ALL OVER routine. It's disgusting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

Just fuckin admit if you're 3P already and stop the I AM SO PRO-TOWN MY rear end IS BLEEDING TOWNYNESS ALL OVER routine. It's disgusting.

well ill be surprised if his next post isn't flat out scum claiming after that appeal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pander posted:

Hate to break it to you, but I'm not 3P. If I was 3P, I would have just completed my wincon and I would have left the game idiot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
neigh

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

Hate to break it to you, but I'm not 3P. If I was 3P, I would have just completed my wincon and I would have left the game idiot.

No your the idiot.

Visit me in the night if you'd like a sandwich, my sandwiches are wicked good (and by that I mean they are adequate at best)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah shitbird, keep trying to insist on stuff, like it HAD to be a wincon or nothing. Why couldn't it be "kill a towny and become lynchproof, kill scum and become kill-proof" or something? Why couldn't you just have had an incentive to kill rather than a wincon as a 3P?

You're the fuckin idiot, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I disagree, usually merk finds something that pings him and pursues it. He's been really jumpy and undecided.

Cool, does that make me scum? Two players said they would vote me, and they haven't explained why.

Opopanax posted:

These are my thoughts as well, I'm going to end up on one of the two

Opo has seemingly limited the pool of players he is going to vote today to only two people, and we've barely had any content yet today. :allears:

• Locked thread