Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Opo has seemingly limited the pool of players he is going to vote today to only two people, and we've barely had any content yet today. :allears:

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Crazyeyes posted:

I agree that the action taken is not scummy in and of itself. I am voting to lynch sand purely on the basis that the mechanic he is claiming he acted upon is anti-town by nature of having to kill town and logically he cannot be town to me.

Ardulac: What do you think if sand?

So you thinkin he's scum or third party? Don't tell me it don't matter, explain the difference in yer thinkin.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Pander posted:

So you thinkin he's scum or third party? Don't tell me it don't matter, explain the difference in yer thinkin.

I have been bouncing back and forth but right now I'm getting more a third party vibe. One the one hand I understand why he did what he did, on the other my setup- speculation case makes a tremendous amount of sense, and does not rule out third party. Until I find out more I will remain suspicious at the least but there you have it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lets not worry about setup speculation w/ re: to sandwolfs claim, lets lynch tearshed. That dudes hella scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tearshed is making an effort to make posts, but refuses to say anything

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Capps is the prettiest horse in the barn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote crazyeyes

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

tearshed posted:

Hey sandwolf do you think your role would still be useful for town even if you didn't shoot Mein?

And did the mod confirm with you that you got "upgraded"?

I agree with jakep, tearshed's pretty pointless so far.

Crazyeyes posted:

It is. The only kind of logic is cold logic. You're being overly dramatic without reason.
You're using the same phrasin merk and xopods have here. Settin up somethin pretty for later, rear end in a top hat?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Sandwolf posted:

I want to vote merk or Crazyeyes. Does anyone have an opinion on merk?
I extremely dislike the way merk labels posts with "fake". Many times in mafia people will be dumb & wrong, but it doesn't mean what they wrote wasn't genuine. I've never seen merk catch scum with calling their content fake.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tearshed posted:

I extremely dislike the way merk labels posts with "fake". Many times in mafia people will be dumb & wrong, but it doesn't mean what they wrote wasn't genuine. I've never seen merk catch scum with calling their content fake.

That is neat that you don't like a thing Merk does. Do you think that this makes him scum, or do you just not like him?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

That is neat that you don't like a thing Merk does. Do you think that this makes him scum, or do you just not like him?
2nd thing (so far).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JakeP posted:

You're defending him an awful lot, I trust Merk is a big boy enough to defend himself.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

You're defending him an awful lot, I trust Merk is a big boy enough to defend himself.

Im not defending poo poo. The person I am casing just made another post that has nothing to do with any players alignments and I am pointing that out.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Crazyeyes (2): Pander, merk, merk, Opopanax
tearshed (1): JakeP
xopods (1): merk
Sandwolf (1): Tremendous Taste, Crazyeyes, Crazyeyes
Pander (1): merk, merk, xopods

Not Voting (10): Ardulac, Crazyeyes, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Magnus Gallant, mr.capps, Sandwolf, Slightly Toasted, tearshed, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 08th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Im not defending poo poo. The person I am casing just made another post that has nothing to do with any players alignments and I am pointing that out.

You did defend merk when you said he wasn't looking scummy though. Why shy from it?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

You did defend merk when you said he wasn't looking scummy though. Why shy from it?

When Sandwolf asked if anyone had opinions of him, and I said I thought he wasn't very scummy? Sure

Sandwolf posted:

You're defending him an awful lot

Clearly he was implying my latest post was a defense

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Pander and merk are right that my explanation for voting Pander is bullshit, since I accused him of saying the opposite of what he actually said, and it fact what he was accusing Crazyeyes about.

Truth is I didn't remember why I'd voted him other than gut and was too busy with life as usual to go back and read.

They're both still Scum though.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Don't worry, I won't be equally useless throughout the whole game. I had a big poker tournament to play this afternoon so I was rushing to get stuff done before that started, but was feeling guilty about not having posted anything except to confirm.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

Pander and merk are right that my explanation for voting Pander is bullshit, since I accused him of saying the opposite of what he actually said, and it fact what he was accusing Crazyeyes about.

Truth is I didn't remember why I'd voted him other than gut and was too busy with life as usual to go back and read.

Uhhhh????

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JakeP posted:

I dont think Merk seems very scummy.

JakeP posted:

When was the last time Merk was "engaged" early in a game? Hes been like this for years

JakeP posted:

##vote JakeP

Every mention of merk is a subtle defense/way to get pressure off of him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Neeeeeeeeigh?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sandwolf posted:

##vote JakeP

Neigh, neigh.

Neigh. Neigh? Neigh.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

Neigh, neigh.

Neigh. Neigh? Neigh.

What's that boy? Timmy's stuck in the well?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Capps, yer killing me.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote JakeP

Sandwolf posted:

...I trust Merk is a big boy enough to defend himself.
Hey, I think they deserve a bit more credit than you are giving them. Mafia players don't need other mafia players to defend themselves.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Crazyeyes posted:

I agree that the action taken is not scummy in and of itself. I am voting to lynch sand purely on the basis that the mechanic he is claiming he acted upon is anti-town by nature of having to kill town and logically he cannot be town to me.

Ardulac: What do you think if sand?

I'll be shocked if he flips Scum. I could see him being 3rd party, but then he probably should have just left the game when he won, and he's denied that possibility anyway and would have no reason to care if he was 3rd party who had met his win condition.

It seems like a lot of the arguments that have been made for lynching sandwolf revolve around his play being bad rather than Scummy.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

xopods posted:

##vote Pander

Merk wasn't thrown off by roleplaying, he was correct. Roleplaying or no, Pander is not being sincere in his opinions and I saw it too.

The fact Merk let go of his read so quickly just because Opop called him suspicious for it also pings me, though.

I agree strongly with this sentiment. ##Vote Pander

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

merk posted:

These posts sound exceptionally fake. It sounds like you haven't even thought about this situation at all.

##vote xopods

xopods seemed to be thinking a lot of the same things I was thinking. Could you point out the holes in his reasoning?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

xopods seemed to be thinking a lot of the same things I was thinking. Could you point out the holes in his reasoning?

Uh, well he did

xopods posted:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Uh, well he did

Ah, I was thinking of the first post about Pander making nonsensical arguments behind his RPing. I guess the things that stood out to me were different than the ones that stood out to xopods.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I retract that. Apparently, I'm a crazy person and while I think Pander was definitely hating on sandwolf a lot for his bad play, he did explicitly state that it didn't make him Scummy. On review, I don't have an issue with Pander ##Unvote

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I don't think Sandy can be scum. If Sandy was scum he would've held onto the vig until LYLO or until he is about to get lynched, and play the vig as a "town vig" card for credit, or just to take someone out. Sand is 3rd party at worst, and town at best.

Re; mod mechanics that Crazyeyes brought up when he voted Sand. I think it's possible that Sand's target was randomized after alignments/roles were made and it just happened to land on town. Which would make Sand a lyncher/hunter style role, traditionally 3p. However, he hasn't absconded from the game, so that leaves "town".

And in other news, my gut tells me Opo is town this game.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Ardulac posted:

I retract that. Apparently, I'm a crazy person and while I think Pander was definitely hating on sandwolf a lot for his bad play, he did explicitly state that it didn't make him Scummy. On review, I don't have an issue with Pander ##Unvote

Is everyone in this game fuckin retarded?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Pander posted:

I agree with jakep, tearshed's pretty pointless so far.
You're using the same phrasin merk and xopods have here. Settin up somethin pretty for later, rear end in a top hat?

I don't know what you're asking. I am not setting anything up. Never in my life have I been associated with something pretty.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Is everyone in this game fuckin retarded?

What if there was a retarded person in this game Pander. You'd feel pretty bad throwing that word around, wouldn't you?

Ardulac is rubbing me the wrong way. ##vote Ardulac

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if there was a retarded person in this game Pander. You'd feel pretty bad throwing that word around, wouldn't you?

I think we should gas retarded people. And all the people who are responsible for keeping down good christian folk with lies. This is what people think too, I'm not alone, box office receipts prove it!

I don't like you, by the way. You gettin on Ard for agreeing with a stupid point when you did the same thing about Sandwolf when you misunderstood TT? Then doin the same about merk with sandy?

##vote hal

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can you elaborate why Ard rubs you wrong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

I think we should gas retarded people. And all the people who are responsible for keeping down good christian folk with lies. This is what people think too, I'm not alone, box office receipts prove it!

I don't like you, by the way. You gettin on Ard for agreeing with a stupid point when you did the same thing about Sandwolf when you misunderstood TT? Then doin the same about merk with sandy?

##vote hal

You were already voting me hotshot.

I don't see how the three things you list are related. Ard and merk both seem like they are making reads and then immediately dropping them when pressed. I never like the "oh wait I misunderstood everything" defense.

In my case I didn't waver on what I was thinking, I merely agreed with the wrong person (TT instead of Sandwolf) but my read was consistent.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

Can you elaborate why Ard rubs you wrong?

I can, but it will have to wait a bit as I'm headed to work. The basics are in the above post though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Crazyeyes posted:

That is correct.

Looking over your history I read you claim to have a similar feature to Sand. This is giving me a little pause... Without saying anything excessive or revealing, can you elaborate more on why you believe you are in a similar position and why you think it is a null tell? I have never seen a town role that becomes stronger by directly killing other town. Finding other town, yes. Killing them? Never. Any role that has killing town as a requirement is inherently anti-town, though not explicitly scummy, I suppose. Do you disagree with that statement?

##unvote for the moment, though by no means off my radar.

Maybe the fact that Sandwolf becomes stronger when he kills town is the trade-off for having correctly killed another town player?

• Locked thread