Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I played as a Young Rudy Giuliani. It wasn't that great a character to stay in character with.

Hopefully this game should be more fun for me!

I did pick out JakeP and merk as scum in the first game though, so apparently I was good at mafia once.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Confirmed. You redskinned bastards.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Confirmed. I feel like as long as no one raves about that fraud shitbird Ben Franklin we are all going to get along.

no fuggen way so long as he's not one of them Jews that control the consistuttuion or something! They control it! Them and all their jewy friends that killed my boy!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

What the hell is the constitution?

The...that...poo poo...I gotta talk to my agent again, what the hell is this flick about? I better be gettin bank

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

wins32767 posted:

Alrighty, deadline is Thursday at 23:00 (UTC -04:00). Have fun and feel free to hit me up with any questions on your role.
Wots my motivation for this scene you mincy ponce?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I been drankin', I been drankin'.
Yer alright, pass the fuckin bottle.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Normally I'd be all for a turbo on me, but I must request that you not do so.

You might ask, "who is this guy and why does he think his survival is so important? He must be scum!"

And, again normally, I'd agree with you. But there are additional details at play here! For you see, one amongst you... wishes to see me dead. Not for the sake of town or even scum, but as part of some nefarious third party, whose sole purpose is to see to my death. Do we wish for such a nefarious villain to continue to dwell amidst our number? Or shall we root him out like a shepherd beating at the rushes to scare out the snakes?

Do not let this man corrupt the noble game we have before us. Do not give in to your base desire to see me dead. Instead, let us remove this killer, one way or another.

So the zionist hollywood conspiracy is after you too, huh?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Ardulac posted:

Mel Gibson wasn't alive in the 1700s. Lynch all anachronisms! ##Vote Pander
Christ another fuckin method actor. ##vote ardulac

Meinberg posted:

Because I'm town, and this person probably is a third party scum.
Those last few words don't make any sense. Unless you bought into Eccoraven's bullshit distinctions between 'scum' and 'mafia', which are shite. There's scum and then there's third party, they're not the same fuckin thing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha! ##vote Meinberg
Haha what is this shite? ##vote Hal Incandenza

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

This is a stupid thing to argue about

I agree! Fuckwad!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

That mother fucker killed my brother if anyone is curious, I am town-aligned. My original role was 1 shot vig and "Investigator" (i.e. once a night I could figure out if a chosen person KILLED MY BROTHER). I lost that role.
So the global cabal that controls the fuckin pig police and sent Cornwallis to kill MAH BOY told you to kill your brother when you're both town aligned?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Is it common for a town players win condition to be to kill another town player? That doesn't seem right.
Rare as a threat-teated whore. A guy who investigates people to find a flavor-killer of his brother sounds shite when the guy he's supposed to hunt down and kill is town.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

If it's any consolation, I had no idea his alignment.

So based on a flavor clue you shot a guy minutes into D1 without any inkling about his alignment?

And it's not part of your win condition?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

In all fairness that's pretty much the best use of a vig

In general not just this case

You fuckin retarded mate?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

I think I may have misunderstood

f u

The best use of a vig is pretty loving far from shooting a mate EARLY ON IN THE FIRST DAY.

Sandwolf: You're saying "I had flavor that says this guy killed my brother so it's good for me to kill him." He had flavor saying "someone is trying to kill me and is certainly scum."

So explain why I shouldn't believe him?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

##vote Pander

This anger feels fake.

Oy, address the logic you fuckin idiot.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I've got reasons.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

I also think Sandwolf's kill is suspect.

The way I sees it, Lord Trigger-Happy Wankersley over there killed some fuckin bloke who fretted about just that thing.

If it ain't for any alignment reason, and it ain't part of a wincon, then I can only see it used fer showing off and maybe fer a personal greedy reason.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I find the whole thing about Mein and Sand to the as suspicious as an unburnt barrel in the warehouse. The way Mein presented his flavor makes for some bad mash in my opinion. Who in their right mind would out themselves like that? Especially so early in the game. He wasn't even remotely close to being lynched. I honestly have no idea what he was thinking doing what he did unless he intended to get himself killed to out the person hunting him. Seems like really early in the game to pull that crap, though. If I were Sand, and I was told that I would get some beneficial effect from killing a guy, and that guy just outed himself, I would blow him away without hesitation. That being said, there is no way I can accept that a mod would give one town a benefit for killing another. We know Mein was town. Setup-speculation is not usually a good idea but I feel pretty confident in this. Sandwolf is not town.

##vote Sandwolf

Your words make me thirsty. Got a drink handy?

S'lot of words actually, now that I think about it, to end on a mod meta case.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Jewish Illuminati could easily have given out some anti-town stuff to townies. Vigs usually ARE anti-town by the nature of people being stupid loving twats that want to shoot poo poo without good cause. Like good fuckin moonshine it's hard to swallow, but not impossible, even if it hurts.

He shot someone with no expectation of that player being scum based on content. You're votin someone for basically the same fuckin reason, that he should be lynched because what you think the mod might do, not because of what he necessarily did. It looks like an attempt at a safe reason that ain't sounding like you actually think he's being scummy.

##vote crazyeyes

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

##vote Pander

Merk wasn't thrown off by roleplaying, he was correct. Roleplaying or no, Pander is not being sincere in his opinions and I saw it too.

The fact Merk let go of his read so quickly just because Opop called him suspicious for it also pings me, though.

Load of horse poo poo. What aren't I sincere in dipshite?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to agree. Sandwolf's move doesn't seem scummy in the least.

Wot? TT was sayin it was why sandwolf was scum.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

Going after Sandwolf is lazy if you're Town, and you're not usually lazy. Conversely, it's a tempting thing to do as Scum, since it's an easy vote for which you can provide a justification that most people won't call scummy, even if they disagree with it. Furthermore, if he does get lynched, it's possible that he flips third party, so you don't have to deal with the consequences of leading a Town lynch.

I don't think you really believe he's a good D1 lynch for the Town cause.

MY GOD YOU'RE A GENIUS! YOU CONCLUDED THAT I DON'T REALLY BELIEVE HE'S A GOOD D1 LYNCH FOR THE TOWN CAUSE! WHICH IS SOMETHING I AGREE WITH! IT'S WHY I AM NOT SCREAMING ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD BE LYNCHING HIM! IT'S WHY I'M FUCKIN ON CRAZYEYES FOR PRETENDING LIKE COLD HARD MOD META LOGIC IS A VALID SUBSTITUTE FOR ACTUALLY TRYING TO PERCEIVE ALIGNMENTS!

LEARN HOW TO FUCKIN READ YOU IGNORANT TWAT.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Why? What is my motivation? If I was scum, wasn't the person who wanted to kill Meinberg, knew both of those two parties were town, wouldn't it be wiser just to let whoever is town kill another town without getting involved?

Maybe you figured he was 3P and you'd be applauded for killing him? Or maybe you're 3P and figured he was 3P too or scum? There's no reason you'd KNOW he was town even if you were scum.

Thing is I don't think you're scum. Scum tend to want to save vigs for strategic reasons, use it to surprise the town by turning MYLO/LYLO to GAME OVER. Shooting someone day one is too fuckin stupid for scum, to borrow a common sayin. The only reason to shoot as scum D1 would be to look towny, which is completely outweighed by the benefits of holdin on to it short of "I'm about to be lynched".

Sandwolf posted:

The only use my original role would have been would be I'd have a vig that I could shoot scum with I guess? But we all know how likely that is.

And yes, I am mod-confirmed to have been given a more useful role!
Mod-confirming only counts if it's in thread. Otherwise it's effectively "talking out of my own arse". You're nothing confirmed except for "dude who shot town when that town person said a scum/3P would kill him."

Also, what the gently caress kind of role do you call "more useful" than a vig? A vig is insanely useful and CAN be pro-town if you're not a fuckin twat about it. Your excuses about why you'd kill someone look more and more like post-hoc bullshit.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I don't listen to that hippy bullshit that pretends to be music so call it FISHIN jackass.

And I'm saying I don't like you, which does matter, because don't you know who the gently caress I am?! I don't put up with the bullshit you and people like you try to sell.

Just fuckin admit if you're 3P already and stop the I AM SO PRO-TOWN MY rear end IS BLEEDING TOWNYNESS ALL OVER routine. It's disgusting.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Hate to break it to you, but I'm not 3P. If I was 3P, I would have just completed my wincon and I would have left the game idiot.

Yeah shitbird, keep trying to insist on stuff, like it HAD to be a wincon or nothing. Why couldn't it be "kill a towny and become lynchproof, kill scum and become kill-proof" or something? Why couldn't you just have had an incentive to kill rather than a wincon as a 3P?

You're the fuckin idiot, idiot.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I agree that the action taken is not scummy in and of itself. I am voting to lynch sand purely on the basis that the mechanic he is claiming he acted upon is anti-town by nature of having to kill town and logically he cannot be town to me.

Ardulac: What do you think if sand?

So you thinkin he's scum or third party? Don't tell me it don't matter, explain the difference in yer thinkin.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

tearshed posted:

Hey sandwolf do you think your role would still be useful for town even if you didn't shoot Mein?

And did the mod confirm with you that you got "upgraded"?

I agree with jakep, tearshed's pretty pointless so far.

Crazyeyes posted:

It is. The only kind of logic is cold logic. You're being overly dramatic without reason.
You're using the same phrasin merk and xopods have here. Settin up somethin pretty for later, rear end in a top hat?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

Im not defending poo poo. The person I am casing just made another post that has nothing to do with any players alignments and I am pointing that out.

You did defend merk when you said he wasn't looking scummy though. Why shy from it?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Ardulac posted:

I retract that. Apparently, I'm a crazy person and while I think Pander was definitely hating on sandwolf a lot for his bad play, he did explicitly state that it didn't make him Scummy. On review, I don't have an issue with Pander ##Unvote

Is everyone in this game fuckin retarded?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if there was a retarded person in this game Pander. You'd feel pretty bad throwing that word around, wouldn't you?

Ardulac is rubbing me the wrong way. ##vote Ardulac

I think we should gas retarded people. And all the people who are responsible for keeping down good christian folk with lies. This is what people think too, I'm not alone, box office receipts prove it!

I don't like you, by the way. You gettin on Ard for agreeing with a stupid point when you did the same thing about Sandwolf when you misunderstood TT? Then doin the same about merk with sandy?

##vote hal

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

##vote fiery_valkyrie

CORNWALLIS! I'M COMING TO GET YOU, YOU OBVIOUS SCUM!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think you have mistaken me for someone else, you drunkard and sinner.

No, I'm pretty fuckin sure you're obviously scum.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

Hmm. Ardulac might be Scum. Me not reading the thread is one thing, but him seeing my nonsense didn't-read-the-thread post and bandwagoning on my case, claiming that he'd seen the same thing as me?

I suppose it's possible that he was also pinged on a gut level, and then reading my post caused him to likewise misremember the content of what was being said. Ard's usually pretty proactive as Town, though... it's unlike him to let others do his reading and casemaking for him.

I'd vote Pander, merk or Ard at this point.

I will be around more today. I still have a lot of work to do, but more time to do it.

"I didn't read the thread worth shite and formed awful conclusions that I weirdly stood behind, but can you believe THAT guy didn't read the thread?!"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

I feel most confident about xopods. Please comment on whether you'd lynch xopods.

Absalootly.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

Also, if you are Town, merk, you might want to reconsider your feelings about meta reads, because it would lead you to be less terrible at Mafia. Remember last time you voted me D1 because I gave bad justification for a gut read and then admitted I wasn't reading the thread carefully, and how I flipped? And then remember the last two games I was Scum in (the one you were my scum buddy, and then the one you modded), and how in those I always made sure I'd read things carefully before posting and made coherent cases that no one objected to?

Yeah.

So wats your amazing D1 gut saying?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

That you, merk and Ard are all individually likely to be Scum. I don't know how likely it is that you're all Scum together, but it's not impossible.

xopods posted:

Pander and merk are right that my explanation for voting Pander is bullshit

xopods posted:

xopods posted:

xopods posted:

xopods posted:

So were you bullshit or doublin down on bullshit as not bein bullshit?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

The read was genuine, the explanation was bullshit, because you were asking me for concrete justification for something I had no concrete justification for. I should have just said so, but I felt the need to be posting some content because I'd been lurking due to real life business since the beginning of the day.
I swear to the one true christian god this makes no guddam sense.

So far I THOUGHT your case on me was that I was being disingenuous, but then you were corrected and retracted it as bullshit, but then you tried to point out me being disingenuous, but you don't have any good evidence behind what made you think I was disingenuous...

Now all I have to go with is that your case on me is only gut?

Fuckin ludicrous. You look like a snakey Jew just tryin to blend in with us good gentiles, a wolf among the sheep, makin reads that sound solid no matter how hollow they actually are because you're scared to sound unsure of anythin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

xopods posted:

Correct. My gut feeling is that nothing you've said sounds to me like it's coming from the heart.

Same to you rear end in a top hat. You take a narrow read of things, ignore context, and try to sound like the smartest motherfucker in the whole place. Called on bullshit, so you make excuses and try to change up your methods and reasonin without changin your alignment calls.

One would think a smart man like yourself would go back to the ole drawin board after being caught rulin as king of Bullshit Mountain. Looks pretty fake to me, tryin to fit different evidence to match the same charge.

• Locked thread