Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Yes yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

You should be in the game that I am in auryn

Just sayin

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Yay I'm finally town again :toot:

JakeP posted:

One day when you have a genius idea, and that greedy traitor Ben Franklin steals the credit you will know how it feels.

What if I steal your idea to become indignant

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

Those last few words don't make any sense. Unless you bought into Eccoraven's bullshit distinctions between 'scum' and 'mafia', which are shite. There's scum and then there's third party, they're not the same fuckin thing.

This is a stupid thing to argue about

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So lynching meinberg gets rid of meinberg and a 3p that wants to lynch him and will probably be a wildcard at best and a stupid issue that we get sick of hearing at worst all game if we ignore it

I do not see a downside

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

I agree! Fuckwad!

Rude :mad:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Rofl

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

So based on a flavor clue you shot a guy minutes into D1 without any inkling about his alignment?

And it's not part of your win condition?

In all fairness that's pretty much the best use of a vig

In general not just this case

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Not a flavor clue, I was told I have to kill the man who KILLED MY BROTHER. After that, I get an ability that is helpful to the town.

My PM doesn't say it was part of my wincon or not, which I guess means it wasn't.

If you think you wouldn't have done the same thing, you're an idiot, Pander.

So what happens if you vote yourself since you killed your brother

Do you still get powers

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I think I may have misunderstood

Pander posted:

You fuckin retarded mate?

f u

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Work has been crazy over the past few days, shouldn't spill out past the weekend though

I don't really have much to say as I've mainly been skimming during small periods of downtime, gut impressions pretty much agree with xopods he's been posting more or less what I've been thinking as I read along. I should be able to be around for the deadline tonight to make sure we hug it out

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I am here tell me who to vote

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

No I like fiery ##vote ard

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Work has calmed down some and I've skimmed up until now but I've realized that if I try and catch up and go through all the bullshit I'm gonna get super :effort: and probably not bother. Gut impressions are that merk is prob scum and sandwolf is prob town

Fiery was there a reason that you shot jakep just now I'm all for hating on jakep but that seemed pretty random

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Want to hug the merk

##vote merk

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm good with voting merk, but I'd like to hear more from you at all other than you had a gut feel earlier. Like, anything bro.

That's all I got bro, my tummy tells me he is scum. Also he just made an unprompted claim of a role that seems pretty decidedly unimportant :shrug:

I don't really like the f_v case and don't really know what the ard case is

Also I am apparently going out to see spiderman right now but I like my merk vote so

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I have more good news

merks death gave me a one shot ecco cop

I subbed sandwolf pander tearshed, got a town result :toot:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Yup

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sandwolf's play over the last couple of days doesn't strike me as town. I think his bonus from killing Meinberg was that he investigates as town, even though he isn't.

Do you really expect sandwolf to gain traction with a town investigation right after a godfather flips

You have been REALLY off this game, I've been p checked out but sandwolf and jakep both have been p blatantly town to me so I don't know what you're trying to play here

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

Got wasted last night and couldn't block.

I am not scum.

Sandwolf outed me as a roleblocker and he is really loving dumb for it because it was incredibly obvious what was going on. He is very possibly scum because of it.

That's about all there is to it.

Why is he scum for it when roleblocker is a much more typical scum role

I would say your reaction is more likely town than not but if I had to pick one of you for scum it would def be you town investigation on him notwithstanding

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

breadcrumbs are for fools and scum if you're going to claim something claim it

crazyeyes how do you reconcile that sandwolf has a town investigation on him with how much time you're spending calling him scum

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not familiar enough with Ecco cops to know... do they treat 3p like scum? I really have a hard time reconciling Sandwolf's behavior as town at this point. I thought the vig was kind of a null-tell/leaning town but the way he outed Crazyeyes in the thread for what amounts to no reason at all combined with his other actions genuinely has me leaning 3p on him because publicly calling out crazyeyes like that feels like a way to call attention to it for the scum so they take care of it for him.

But if the Ecco cop is specifically town/not town than I guess he is mostly cleared with the godfather flip.

I don't know if there's been other iterations but based solely on my role this game I sub 3 names if one of them is scum wins says scum if none are scum wins says town

wins said town :toot:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

For some reason yesterday I felt like if merk flipped scum then f_v would have to be scum but I can't remember why and I'm out the door p soon

I think the crazyeyes/sandwolf thing is more likely than not towny town based on crazyeyes responses he seems more butthurt that someone picked up on his poo poo

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sorry. Work has been making me hate life more than usual lately.

Catching up.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Before my catchup my gut doesn't like fiery valk fwiw. Maybe a little bit on the Hal front too.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pander posted:

I forget if it was asked/answered, but was there any particular reason you got a one-shot ecco cop due to merks' death?

My role is that I am a canadian spy looking to destroy the weak american government, I was told there was a government official in the game that was onto me and ruining my poo poo. That was apparently merk and I can only do it once because merk is a dick that blew my cover :mad:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry. Game days have been short and everything happens when I'm asleep or at work. I have time to post tonight after work.

Also, ST why did you choose those 3 people in particular for the Ecco cop?

Wanted to clear townies. I made a gut call on pander and sandwolfs play seemed super townie, tearshed was a wildcard but I picked him because I'm pretty sure like 100% of the games I have played with tearshed I have gotten sidetracked tunneling him and I wanted to try to clear him.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

You oversimplify to an extreme.

D1: Sandwolf's vig was, indeed, scummy. He literally claimed that he us a town who had a role that required him to kill another town. My only solace is that he did not know explicitly that it was a town player to be killed. If he knew it was a town I would still be voting him to this day.

D2: I already explained this. My role pm excluded that piece of information. Small mod error is not a cause for suspicion. These things happen and I clarified as soon as I was informed.

D4: I said I didn't understand why people were voting ypm. Someone explained it. It made sense to me. End of confusion.

Your casing on me is weak but, despite completely misinterpreting every point of it, it still looks like you're trying.

This is all pretty stupid and reminds me of the kind of back and forth I would encourage as scum

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Slightly Toasted posted:

My role is that I am a canadian spy looking to destroy the weak american government, I was told there was a government official in the game that was onto me and ruining my poo poo. That was apparently merk and I can only do it once because merk is a dick that blew my cover :mad:

Wanted to clear townies. I made a gut call on pander and sandwolfs play seemed super townie, tearshed was a wildcard but I picked him because I'm pretty sure like 100% of the games I have played with tearshed I have gotten sidetracked tunneling him and I wanted to try to clear him.

Looking back part of the reason I found sandwolf townie was probably because his role seemed to function similarly to mine except he could apparently kill somebody too :shrug:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Reading over f_v I had her pegged for scum based on what I thought was p scummy interactions with merk and the lovely jakep vig but looking back over her history her progression on jakep seems natural albeit p dumb and vigging him based on having a case that nobody else was really into even though she thought it was a slam dunk is townie so I dunno.

Pander made a couple good points I guess but I don't find her role that threatening. The scummy thing to do would be to hang onto it and the sk thing to do would be to mark a bunch of people before going boom and certainly not do things to make people think hmm maybe this person is an sk. I think using it early game is probably the townier move. I think if she or anybody were an sk we would have seen alot more death by now instead of a couple of no kill nights.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Opop seems townie but I am awful at reading him. I wanna say that if Hal is scum Opop probably is too but a merk/hal/opop scum team feels p stacked.

I am somewhat :tinfoil: re: TT. YPM too but moreso.

I am cool with voting Hal he is probably scum.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

:shrug: I see both vigs as pretty townie in execution really even though they were both pretty bad choices.

I mean looking back if I were to pick one of her or sandwolf for the scummier vig it would probably be sandwolf and I know that he is town so

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I actually disagree with this theory. Sandwolf's vig was more "in the moment" and it was a response to stuff that happened in the thread. FV's was the climax of a slowly built up case that could be construed as intentionally laying the basis for using the vig publicly. In what sense does Sandwolf's seem like the scummier vig?

It's not a theory it's how I felt and I said they were both town anyway so ?

I mean the answer to your question was in the post you seem to be responding to which is p backwards you should be asking questions that you don't have answers to.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel the same way about Ardulac as Pander feels about me. I don't see how anyone can read his reactions to the game and not see that he is scum. Other than being the other vote leader opposite merk that one day what would give you the impression that he's town?

Ardulac can be a very good player when he is town. Even if he doesn't keep up a high volume of posts he's good at developing reads and he has a sharp eye for finding nuance in posting. This game he's struggling to offer any opinion that could be claimed as his own. His main case seems to have been on me and it's purely a summary of what Pander said.

Look at his case on Crazyeyes. He can't point out any actual content that fits into his vague meta cases of "these reads are hollow!" which is pretty funny coming from him this game. When he gets pressed on it he can only offer up

Which is basically saying "I have no basis for what I just said so let me just repeat that same vague accusation".

Also his expansion on how townie Pander is actually describes a good way for scum to appear townie and just feels like more filler to support his earlier casing. All his posting is displaying that same detached feeling of someone who doesn't really believe what they are saying.

##vote Ardulac

This post actually makes me feel more town on ard so :tipshat:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Actually I'm still not sure but it's p bad

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So do you think I am scum or are you just being a dick

I do not know what you are getting at when I still feel like my positions have been pretty obviously stated

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I had a pretty similar role to hals in wins' last cyor as scum fwiw

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wouldn't be against this either. ST has basically rode his ecco cop claim and been happy to blend totally into the background since then. The only thing I remember him doing since then was popping in to throw some shade on me after my claim earlier. He's not above lurking the poo poo out of the game as scum.

I haven't rode anything I lurk when life is busy and I'm probably more active when I'm scum because I've got more to say

You throw shade on yourself because you are scum

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think ST's ecco cop actions and result are suspicious. Pander and tearshed seemed like no-brainer town players and chosing them to cop actually left us with a wider pool of potential scum than if he'd chosen 3 other players. Also, since I believe Sandwolf is 3P I am not convinced he actually had an ecco cop to use.

That's why I chose them because I wanted to confirm townies? Pander anyway, I wanted to confirm townies. tearshed hadn't done much and always seems p scummy so I'm not sure why you would call him a no brainer?

I mean what use is an ecco cop if you're not confirming townies? If I hit a scum then it just creates more questions because you don't know which one it is and makes you more :tinfoil:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I mean to say that I haven't done much aside from my cop isn't inaccurate because life has been hell but it still is what it is so?

I want to vote hal most of all ##vote hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Historically, I'm pretty sure ST has lurked as scum, and he's been almost completely anonymous this game. The Ecco cop thing seemed like a good way to continue shirking any scum hunting. I don't think he had to have picked another scum in his investigation, he totally could have pulled 3 people he knew was town to gain their support.

This is completely not my scum meta scum ST would be bussing my scum buddies into the ground right now to show you all how town I am I cannot control it

town ST is shyer because I am not good at finding scum

• Locked thread