Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can we still join?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No PoP or Auryn?

##vote wins

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Haha! ##vote Meinberg

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

Come on dude, don't be that way. Like, for reals.

Maybe lunch will alter my perspective.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Blaming poor thought processes on food? Scum play

##vote hal

No Magnus don't do it. I'm town and scum want me dead!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's the intelligent move to do in that position and the one I'd make.

I tend to agree. Sandwolf's move doesn't seem scummy in the least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

If it was a requirement he'd presumably be out of the game by now. I see it as more of a backup or dropped item type role.

Spoken like a man who's a mod at heart

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Wot? TT was sayin it was why sandwolf was scum.

He sure was. I totally misinterpreted that nested quote!

Well then TT is dumb, that vig was not scummy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I want to vote merk or Crazyeyes. Does anyone have an opinion on merk?

He's definitely acting weird for merk. Pretty willing to jump around and be easily talked out of cases. I think he's kinda changed up the way he plays the last few games I've seen him in thought so maybe this is just his new "less engaged" style.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Is everyone in this game fuckin retarded?

What if there was a retarded person in this game Pander. You'd feel pretty bad throwing that word around, wouldn't you?

Ardulac is rubbing me the wrong way. ##vote Ardulac

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

I think we should gas retarded people. And all the people who are responsible for keeping down good christian folk with lies. This is what people think too, I'm not alone, box office receipts prove it!

I don't like you, by the way. You gettin on Ard for agreeing with a stupid point when you did the same thing about Sandwolf when you misunderstood TT? Then doin the same about merk with sandy?

##vote hal

You were already voting me hotshot.

I don't see how the three things you list are related. Ard and merk both seem like they are making reads and then immediately dropping them when pressed. I never like the "oh wait I misunderstood everything" defense.

In my case I didn't waver on what I was thinking, I merely agreed with the wrong person (TT instead of Sandwolf) but my read was consistent.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

Can you elaborate why Ard rubs you wrong?

I can, but it will have to wait a bit as I'm headed to work. The basics are in the above post though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Opo has seemingly limited the pool of players he is going to vote today to only two people, and we've barely had any content yet today. :allears:

merk posted:

I will only vote xopods until I am removed from the game or he is removed from the game.

Gosh this feels disingenuous!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

Im still enraged at you (really you are a dick) for stealing my vote Meinberg idea, but that is a funny point

Jeez dude, maybe you should just be flattered

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

You are willing to vote me purely because I voted you. Be a little more obvious, why dontcha.

Would vote probably vote ard. More to follow when I get home.

Not true, he gave more reasoning than that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jake you seem a little hung up on tearshed there.I don't think it's going to happen today because your argument is not particularly persuasive.

Perhaps think of turning your wrath elsewhere. Come to Ardulac.

Is your basis of your f_v feeling rooted in tearshed also being scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I didnt see the merit in Xopods case on Ard. Did you have anything else to add to why Ard is scum?

Ard is scum because I feel it in my soul.

Also because he spent the first part of the day chatting about the whole lyncher thing without weighing in on it other than to eventually say he was sure Sandwolf wasn't scum. He then took one crack at making a read which didn't seem like it was putting in any real effort and when that got shot down he didn't really come back with anything else. A "me too" vote on you, a list of random people he thought were town and then chastising people for not doing anything.

It's got that scum feel.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ardulac why do you want to lynch f_v?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Merk's basically clear due to his townslip, especially if archives come back and he can show me somewhere he did the him-or-me thing as Town.

You're better than this xopods. Are you REALLY basing your entire read off of merk as "he only does this when he's scum" and if he proves he did it once as town then you're convinced he's a good guy?

I am almost 100% positive he's done that as town so you really don't need to wait for archives. But that is a very illogical stance you are taking.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

He got confused between this game and another in which he just died and was Town, and in such a way that I don't think he was faking it. You don't get confused between two games when you're scum in one and town in the other.

More irrational xopods points! Remember the days when it was you, you were the mafia? What's happened to that guy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So are we just going to sit here for the next 71 minutes waiting to see if wins comes back?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Slightly Toasted posted:

I am here tell me who to vote

Ardulac! Unless you want to be conformist and vote l_v.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ardulac posted:

I'd rather get turbo'd than no lynch Day 1. ##Vote Ardulac

Well Pander sort of gave us a lynch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ardulac posted:

I'd rather get turbo'd than no lynch Day 1. ##Vote Ardulac

Anyway I don't think that is going to happen either at this point. I would go to f_v though if we have the people for that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Actually, since it's highly unlikely that the Scum will try to do anything to me at this point, I should probably just fullclaim, lest anyone waste actions on me.

I'm a "weak passive roleblocker," which basically just means that any action targeting me other than a kill will fail. The flavor's something about using my skills with rigging ropes to set up traps around my bed, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I realize that I basically couldn't invent a role more likely to get me lynched, but it's better than wasting any Town investigative actions on me. It's almost like I'm a Miller at this point.

Ugh... this sounds so much like a fake role you made up in an Ecco game we were in together. How is that even a town role? That's like WAY worse than a miller.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

flavor-wise, I've been hitting the sauce a bit, so I guess it makes sense my vig was a fuckin styrofoam prop hatchet instead of the real deal.

Well, except that there wouldn't be any styrofoam in 1783! Maybe it was a talc hatchet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Right, except why would I fakeclaim a role that makes it necessary to lynch me?

I mean, I'm not trying to get out of being lynched, I should absolutely be lynched at this point, but your intuition at this point should be that I'm telling the truth about the role at least, since there's no possible motivation I could have for lying about it.

That's why I didn't vote you right away. I'm also a sucker for pathos. But maybe your strategy is to claim an outlandish role just for this reason :tinfoil:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr. capps is old guard?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

shut up rookie

God drat it, I didn't see your post.

Go back to smoking your loving weed and leave me alone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There were sandwiches?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

I claimed cause I was pissed that out of 15 people still alive Capps was somehow picked and I liked being masons with him

That's a terrible reason to claim and your breadcrumb is worthless because you guys did nothing to point to the fact that you were confirmed. You didn't even interact with Capps in the thread that I can see.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

I think his interactions with Capps are obvious if you read his post history, he refers to himself as an animal lover. Magnus is more than most likely Capps mason, no reason to assume otherwise. No reason to consider him confirmed town either.

I'm not arguing that he was a mason. Just the confirmed bit. I missed the animal lover part though.

tearshed posted:

Kinda hard to interact with a horse.

Yes, but Capps could have quoted him with a zillion neighs or something.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

My flavor was I was a brain damaged farmer. He got a + to his role for rping a horse and I could control his vote.

This makes me feel a bit better about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Confirmeding.

HAHAHAHA ok I believe you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I want to go back to where I was yesterday. ##vote Ardulac

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

also find it amusing that this case comes today, after tunneling me yesterday

What's so weird about that though? You think it's weird the person that was suspicious of you yesterday made a bigger case today? I don't follow...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your case on tearshed was pretty laughable though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pete Franklin!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

tearshed posted:

F_V, how many times have you played as scum before? Can you describe what your scum games are like?

Haha this is like the worst thing. Are you hoping she'll say "It's like this game, mr. shed" or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Oh wow jakeP is dead.

How did you read the post from merk and then comment on jakep and not parse at all that he was dead?

For that matter how did you miss that like 1 page ago?

• Locked thread