Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Announced for Raw:

quote:

WWE United States champion Dean Ambrose will defend his championship in a 20 Man Battle Royal during tonight's Raw broadcast from Albany, NY. The storyline is that The Authority is forcing him into a situation where he's very much against the odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Announced for Raw:

Sounds like a good time for Bo to win the belt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kukash posted:

Adam Rose will be tossed out, caught by his groupies, and crowdsurfed back into the ring where he gets the final elimination for the win :colbert:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Adam Rose will be tossed out, caught by his groupies, and crowdsurfed back into the ring where he gets the final elimination for the win :colbert:

That's actually pretty rad imo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't see how they can not do this spot, unless they save it for the Rumble.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This would be a real easy way to transition the title to Rose without having a heel transitional champion.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I could see the Authority putting Rollins and Reigns in there in an attempt to cause dissension amongst the group.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kukash posted:

Sure, why not. Ambrose doesn't need it, it's just a prop for him at this point.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
I think he'll retain, but he's had it for a long time so they might move it on. Who knows. Maybe give it to Cesaro or someone.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

paint dry posted:

I think he'll retain, but he's had it for a long time so they might move it on. Who knows. Maybe give it to Cesaro or someone.
They aren't trying to bury Cesaro. :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Give it to Barrett, combine the US and IC belts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Having the authority try to take away ambrose's belt out of spite is doing more to elevate it than the entire rest of his reign combined so they should keep doing this. Not quite sure Howe they plan to escalate from a battle royal though. Gauntlet match vs the whole heel roster?

E: triple threat with Rollins/reigns if the authority want to get real tricky maybe

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Announced for Raw:

Bo Dallas is going to sneak a win and it's going to be loving glorious.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that PPV was loving hilarious

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just wanna say I appreciate Ambrose's lariat.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Having the authority try to take away ambrose's belt out of spite is doing more to elevate it than the entire rest of his reign combined so they should keep doing this. Not quite sure Howe they plan to escalate from a battle royal though. Gauntlet match vs the whole heel roster?

E: triple threat with Rollins/reigns if the authority want to get real tricky maybe

This is why I feel like Ambrose will still somehow retain. I guess if they do something like that it doesn't need to be for the title but it would make sense.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The Wyatts brought in the perfect equalizer, they now have someone that can deliver promos with the same level of maturity as Cena.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is Bo debuting tonight or just Rose?

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Orgophlax posted:

The kid they used for the Cena/Wyatt finish looked really, really familiar.

You don't say....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aKYZFcmAmU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dexo posted:

Bo Dallas is going to sneak a win and it's going to be loving glorious.

And then red, white and blue confetti will rain down as a marching band plays his theme on the entrance ramp. :911:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Bo gets a midcard title so I never have to see him again.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Also wasn't there a story of Bubba Ray going up to Vince with Devon, E&C, and the Hardys behind him and telling Vince they deserved a bigger payday for a TLC match on a PPV? Sounds like collective bargaining to me :siren:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also wasn't there a story of Bubba Ray going up to Vince with Devon, E&C, and the Hardys behind him and telling Vince they deserved a bigger payday for a TLC match on a PPV? Sounds like collective bargaining to me :siren:

I don't remember that but Jericho did for WM 18.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is a great way to give the title to a new heel like Bo Dallas given his gimmick without making Ambrose look weak, it would make no sense to keep it on him.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Luigi Thirty posted:

With the way those guys did TLC matches, that's basically just asking for hazard pay.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bo Dallas' character is basically tailor-made for winning a title right out of the gate, which is why I kind of hate that Paige literally just did that. It would fit Bo so well but feel overdone given the Divas switch.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dean Ambrose playing John Cena's sleazier and crazy little brother tonight. Overcome those odds, Dean Cena!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

WWE just sent out an email to subscribers offering them $25 to the shop for each friend they get to subscribe to the network.

Hm. :crossarms:

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Teddybear posted:

WWE just sent out an email to subscribers offering them $25 to the shop for each friend they get to subscribe to the network.

Eh. DirecTV does a similar thing with referrals, so that shouldn't be TOO worrisome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AKA Driver posted:

Eh. DirecTV does a similar thing with referrals, so that shouldn't be TOO worrisome.

My first thought when I saw that was a fear that WWE would do similar commercials. The Directv ads are so bad it makes me want to drop the services.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
More notes on Raw:

quote:

The Sheild vs. The Wyatts with Evolution as the guest timekeepers are scheduled for tonight's show as the TV main event.

On Batista and Payback:

quote:

If you're following the Batista story, he essentially is staying but not having to lose to Daniel Bryan on 6/1. Payback has been changed to a Shield vs. Evolution rematch and Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a Buried Alive match.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I like Buried Alive Matches but they're gonna need a gimmick or something for the Shield/Evolution thing.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Teddybear posted:

Dave tweeted that "Network offer and departure are not coincidences of timing" just now, so...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So it's DB gimmick matches for the foreseeable future?

Okaaaaaaay.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Thinking about it more, the PPV last night didn't really make me want to watch Raw tonight at all. There's nothing really coming out of the show that I feel like I need to tune in to follow up on.

personally i want to laugh some more at brainwashed colton burpo so this Raw is can't-miss for me

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol at Barrett shooting on the midcard belts being poo poo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

More notes on Raw:

On Batista and Payback:

Ugh, I'm glad he's staying, but I'd much rather see Bryan vs. Batista then Bryan vs. Kane in a gimmick match two months in a row. I defended it the first time due to Kane and Bryan's past, but they really shouldn't tie up Bryan with Kane any further.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

personally i want to laugh some more at brainwashed colton burpo so this Raw is can't-miss for me

But... brainwashed Colton Burpo is just regular Colton Burpo??

What if they put the US Title on Rusev. That'd be cool.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Please no more Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Thinking about it more, the PPV last night didn't really make me want to watch Raw tonight at all. There's nothing really coming out of the show that I feel like I need to tune in to follow up on.

It also seems like all three of the big matches from Extreme Rules will be repeated for Payback, and there's only one of those I'd ever want to see again.

• Locked thread