Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Wait, wait... an intellectual LP? But, but... You're not allowed to do that, surely there's a rule against...

...Nah, just fuckin' with ya, this sounds like a really interesting idea, and, as a guy who ignored Killzone because a)I have nothing more than a PS2, and b) Because of the whole "Oh god, generic sci-fi shooter" thing, I will look forward to being proven wrong. Or not. Either way, there shall be entertainment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

I remember that website! I messed around with it after I finally picked up a PS3 and got Killzone 2. It seems there's a large amount of lore that really hasn't been touched upon in the games. Maybe saving it for future installments?

Or they were pulling a Wipeout. It's surprising how many god-drat games have lore that's never, ever found in-game, but in their website, press materials, random snippets from the manual... Hell, I could probably recite Mighty No. 9's life story already, and the god-drat game isn't even done yet!

Keiji Inafune, I love your games and all, but please, enough teasing, I can't take it!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

God-drat, looking at that chart, Helghan has features of Russian and Chinese in there, with maybe one sound that you can definitely attribute to germanic (ch, which it shares with Welsh and quite a few other languages). Don't get me wrong, I like the effort, but god-drat if writing your own alphabet language for a game doesn't give me a huge headache.

Riven was the worst offender for this, although, to be fair, it did give you a (relatively lovely) language primer. Then it undid all the hard work by making some of the things you have to translate badly worn.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Man, that is... Some really unfortunate model positioning. Except on the photoshop, that just makes me think Lu Bu invaded Killzone. Which would be magical. Come to think of it, Lu Bu invading any game would be pretty amazing.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

TurboJ9000 posted:

The guy Luger shot in the crotch didn't actually die. He just wishes he had.

guys. Believe me, it was more than one. I just didn't notice some of them when I was commentatin'. :v:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Why isn't there a third choice, crow, why isn't there a third choice?

:negative:

I removed it because you welshed on getting me out of Wales. Enjoy your rep as a dickshooter, Sally! :moreevil:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Oh, and this last one is for JamieTheD:

Yes. Yes, the uplink key is just a pole.

:sigh: There's... Really not a lot to say to that. I mean, if I was feeling generous, I'd say that it's got some hi-tech electronic gubbins in what is essentially a bleeding stick, but I'm not nearly so charitable, and I have the feeling that events will bear me out regarding this key. This key that is literally a cylinder.

HELGHAST: We have scanned the lock, milord, and... Sooth, 'tis merely a button at the end of a rod!

HELGHAST CAPTAIN: Then, prithee, push this button, so that we may obtain the secrets of our most foul foe, and we shall, once more, take the worthless guttersnipes by surprise! There, that branch shall be sturdy, yet thin enough to beguile our foe's defenses!

ISA COMMS HEAD: Fie, we are undone! Woe is me, I, and my team of eggheads and scatterbrains... All? All, you say? Oh, fie, fie, FIE! [COMMS HEAD DIES. FINALLY.]

Also agreeing with Night... Lovely touch there, although I wish my mic was better. You should have heard the laughter when I said before recording:

JAY: "Hey, guys, when Rico comes into the scene, why doesn't everybody cheer and go wild?"
EVERYONE ELSE: :stare:

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah, hence the "High tech gubbins" comment... But honestly, I'd really prefer that the ISA is that stupid, because even without knowing the game, it's pretty obvious that something's going to happen to the key, or rather, what it unlocks. It wouldn't be dramatic otherwise.

• Locked thread