Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

WonderfulWino posted:

A tard week on Jeopardy would be the greatest thing ever.

Man that kid is fascinated by the wheel

Not a whole week, but....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Holy poo poo I wish I enjoyed anything as much as this guy enjoys being on Wheel of Fortune.

"SPINNING! YEAH! OH! OH! OHHHOOOH!

They should have sent a poet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Was I the only one suprprised by his seemling lack of retard strength? I was expecting a crazy overspin, but his spins all seemed pretty weak.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

JakeP posted:

Was I the only one suprprised by his seemling lack of retard strength? I was expecting a crazy overspin, but his spins all seemed pretty weak.

I think you need more sleep Jake.

Also, he's got Down's Syndrome, not Broca's aphasia. It doesn't let him become a hulk like Hodor. Hodor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJWo5TDHLE

Ravane fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 1, 2014

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Is he actually retarded or just autistic? The latter seems more likely, but he's just so Down's-y.

Ravane posted:

I feel this word is grindstone, but what the hell is a grindstone and why would you keep your nose to it (unless free plastic surgery).

quote:

HELLO MY NAME IS CLUELESS THE CLOWN

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 1, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Is he actually retarded or just autistic? The latter seems more likely, but he's just so Down's-y.

He actually does fit the physical features of Down's syndrome: upward slanted eyes, large forehead, poor vision. He's clearly mentally incapacitated, and he fits the Down's profile much better than an autistic profile.

Also, I enjoy my new nickname. :unsmith:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

GMA said he has had 9 brain surgeries and has Tourettes and aspergers.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Otisburg posted:

Holy poo poo I wish I enjoyed anything as much as this guy enjoys being on Wheel of Fortune.

"SPINNING! YEAH! OH! OH! OHHHOOOH!

They should have sent a poet.

He sounded a tad like Morty from Rick and Morty when he did that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey, I'm laughing WITH him, not AT him.

This is probably the most attention Wheel of Fortune has gotten in decades.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

quote:

My best advice to future contestants is to relax and have a good time. It is a lot of fun, whether you win big or not. That is my number one guarantee.

He sounds like a really cool dude, honestly :unsmith:

And he probably had the time of his life, so good for him.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
This is amazing and I want to see more of this. Did he win in the end?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

on the other other hand it's wheel of fortune. most of the contestants couldnt get a 3 small word final puzzle with half the letters solved

I think it was just the other day that someone hosed up solving the puzzle with all the letters revealed.
e: yeah, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTlp7e4xEis

Somehow the other two players managed to be so much worse that he still got to the bonus round.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 2, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

I think it was just the other day that someone hosed up solving the puzzle with all the letters revealed.

Somehow the other two players managed to be so much worse that he still got to the bonus round.

Did he say "On the Spot Die Spin?"

I can get that he didn't get "The World's Fastest Man" because "car" could easily take that place.

But does Indiana University just produce idiots? He didn't even know how to pronounce Achilles! I'd dread to see him on Jeopardy.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ravane posted:

I can get that he didn't get "The World's Fastest Man" because "car" could easily take that place.

Well, R was already revealed so it couldn't have been "car". Same with "cat".

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

wa27 posted:

Well, R was already revealed so it couldn't have been "car". Same with "cat".

Oh right, I forgot about that. Also it says "person" at the bottom, can they see that? If so, this man is really stupid.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

raditts posted:

That's the guy I thought this thread was about. Man, what a moron.

In related news, a month or so ago, there was a guy on Jeopardy without eyes. It was horrifying. He didn't have glasses or anything, just dark pits of nothingness, staring into the camera.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ravane posted:

Oh right, I forgot about that. Also it says "person" at the bottom, can they see that? If so, this man is really stupid.

WORLDS FASTEST DAD

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raditts posted:

There have been times when all three players couldn't solve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJM3SrR1pA

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

There have been times when all three players couldn't solve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJM3SrR1pA

Seems like they were pronouncing it right, but Sajak was just being a dick.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ravane posted:

Seems like they were pronouncing it right, but Sajak was just being a dick.

Yeah, sounded to me like the guy on the right pronounced it right like a minute in, then everyone else was trying something besides that because what the gently caress else could it be?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
This thread led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el0rQgN-Lrc

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The look on Bob's face when the "exact bid" bell goes off is awesome.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is still the biggest Wheel of Fortune tard.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is still the biggest Wheel of Fortune tard.

Wah-and

The Dude
Nov 18, 2000
Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.
I'm sure you could find these all day long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3xLpWYgh4 Which rad witch? The wicked witch!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Otisburg posted:

precision posted:

Hey, I'm laughing WITH him, not AT him.

Agreed. :unsmith:

How can there be any ridicule for such pure, unadulterated joy? I'm so drat happy for this guy.

raditts posted:

Meanwhile, THIS? This is a loving retard on Wheel of Fortune. Good game, college boy.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Jamesman posted:

How can there be any ridicule for such pure, unadulterated joy? I'm so drat happy for this guy.

It is just an instinctual reaction on my part. I can't help but cringe at that guy on national television, and I immediately feel terrible not just for wanting to laugh, but knowing that a million other people are laughing their asses off.

And then I see the comments with such nice, sincere people ("Great job buddy!" "Way to live your life!" "I'm so drat happy for this guy.") and I feel even worse about myself because I literally can't imagine how you guys are able to honestly react that way.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 2, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Phenotype posted:

=And then I see the comments with such nice, sincere people ("Great job buddy!" "Way to live your life!" "I'm so drat happy for this guy.") and I feel even worse about myself because I literally can't imagine how you guys are able to honestly react that way.

You think anyone is reacting honestly? I feel like only the assholes are.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Ravane posted:

Being honest and being condescending are not the same thing. It's how you say it that matters. Yeah, there are people who have to get all "Way to go, champ!" when someone with a mental handicap does anything at all, and that's rear end in a top hat-ish. If they disregard his disability and just say that he looked happy being up there, they're just making an observation. That's not rear end in a top hat-ish.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Ravane posted:

"God bless his heart. Thank you for posting this. What an uplifting and happy 4 minutes."
"What a great kid! God bless him" - from a Jesus avatar.
"I loved watching this! What a beautifully happy spirited person :)" - mother holding a baby selfie
"This is exactly what I needed today! His uplifting spirit made me smile!"

I could swear before Reddit got hold of it there were a few like that from older people with old people selfies who would have no idea of internet irony, too. I wish I could be that, I dunno, positive? Non-cynical?

Maybe the internet just makes us assholes.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

King Vidiot posted:

Being honest and being condescending are not the same thing. It's how you say it that matters. Yeah, there are people who have to get all "Way to go, champ!" when someone with a mental handicap does anything at all, and that's rear end in a top hat-ish. If they disregard his disability and just say that he looked happy being up there, they're just making an observation. That's not rear end in a top hat-ish.

I'm proud of the guy, sure. But that's after laughing my rear end off. I guarantee you that most of the people saying positive stuff, unless they're old ladies or super religious, have probably laughed their asses off too but just don't want to seem like assholes. So they post something positive.

Awww.

Edit: Here's the full episode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FR6hzfhkkU

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 3, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah, I mean I never said I didn't immediately laugh my rear end off, especially since it was so surreal and Pat Sajak was there acting like nothing was out of the ordinary.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ravane posted:

I'm proud of the guy, sure. But that's after laughing my rear end off. I guarantee you that most of the people saying positive stuff, unless they're old ladies or super religious, have probably laughed their asses off too but just don't want to seem like assholes. So they post something positive.

Awww.

Edit: Here's the full episode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FR6hzfhkkU

Dude's done more with his life than I have and I have complete control of my faculties! I don't even have an excuse for my half-assing literally everything I've ever done

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sash! posted:

Dude's done more with his life than I have and I have complete control of my faculties! I don't even have an excuse for my half-assing literally everything I've ever done

What are you talking about? He spent his life either in brain surgery or watching wheel of fortune. The only way you could do less than him is if you had locked-in syndrome and spent your life watching only wheel of fortune.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

What are you talking about? He spent his life either in brain surgery or watching wheel of fortune. The only way you could do less than him is if you had locked-in syndrome and spent your life watching only wheel of fortune.

Sash is posting from an iron lung. Please don't draw attention to it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
A non-literal retard was on Family Feud the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7-k_PLKh8&t=92s

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CaptainHollywood posted:

A non-literal retard was on Family Feud the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7-k_PLKh8&t=92s

This happens all the time when the first person gets all the number one answers. Family Feud is a treasure trove for dumbass mush-mouthed weirdos though, and Steve Harvey always tears into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXK2de97Xo

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just watched this and it was great. I got 'cream cheese' and could not guess the rest. When he said "CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE" I thought: what the everloving gently caress is a cream cheese coffee cake? I've never heard of such a thing. It's like saying, uh, "spotted dick and ham" to my mind. Is CCCC a thing that gets sold and made and people swap recipes for it and stuff?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

redreader posted:

I just watched this and it was great. I got 'cream cheese' and could not guess the rest. When he said "CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE" I thought: what the everloving gently caress is a cream cheese coffee cake? I've never heard of such a thing. It's like saying, uh, "spotted dick and ham" to my mind. Is CCCC a thing that gets sold and made and people swap recipes for it and stuff?

I know they sell it at my local grocer's so it's a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This happens all the time when the first person gets all the number one answers. Family Feud is a treasure trove for dumbass mush-mouthed weirdos though, and Steve Harvey always tears into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXK2de97Xo

The best part of that "PORK LWWWRHHHN" girl is when she realizes he can't understand her, she tries to spell it and shouts "PORK LWWWRHHHN, L-I-O-N". A pork lion.

• Locked thread