Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

OldSenileGuy posted:

That's how it works. You don't spin when you're buying a vowel. I mean, i guess if you want you can fault him for not prefacing it with "I'd like to buy a vowel", but he's obviously got no time for that poo poo.

This is true. Perhaps we are the real retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

It annoys me that he's got such pristine Bieber-like hair. If my hair could do that, I'd literally be a walking god.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
His "Spinning, Yeah!" catchphrase sounds like a high-pitched Randy Savage.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

winvirus posted:

Still not as bad as the college students last week or so

CATEGORY: PHRASE

"KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE _RIN_STONE"

:downs: "M!"

I, too, was shocked the answer was not "keep your nose to the mrinmstone"

I feel this word is grindstone, but what the hell is a grindstone and why would you keep your nose to it (unless free plastic surgery).

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

JakeP posted:

Was I the only one suprprised by his seemling lack of retard strength? I was expecting a crazy overspin, but his spins all seemed pretty weak.

I think you need more sleep Jake.

Also, he's got Down's Syndrome, not Broca's aphasia. It doesn't let him become a hulk like Hodor. Hodor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJWo5TDHLE

Ravane fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 1, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Is he actually retarded or just autistic? The latter seems more likely, but he's just so Down's-y.

He actually does fit the physical features of Down's syndrome: upward slanted eyes, large forehead, poor vision. He's clearly mentally incapacitated, and he fits the Down's profile much better than an autistic profile.

Also, I enjoy my new nickname. :unsmith:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

I think it was just the other day that someone hosed up solving the puzzle with all the letters revealed.
e: yeah, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTlp7e4xEis

Somehow the other two players managed to be so much worse that he still got to the bonus round.

Did he say "On the Spot Die Spin?"

I can get that he didn't get "The World's Fastest Man" because "car" could easily take that place.

But does Indiana University just produce idiots? He didn't even know how to pronounce Achilles! I'd dread to see him on Jeopardy.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

wa27 posted:

Well, R was already revealed so it couldn't have been "car". Same with "cat".

Oh right, I forgot about that. Also it says "person" at the bottom, can they see that? If so, this man is really stupid.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

There have been times when all three players couldn't solve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJM3SrR1pA

Seems like they were pronouncing it right, but Sajak was just being a dick.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Phenotype posted:

=And then I see the comments with such nice, sincere people ("Great job buddy!" "Way to live your life!" "I'm so drat happy for this guy.") and I feel even worse about myself because I literally can't imagine how you guys are able to honestly react that way.

You think anyone is reacting honestly? I feel like only the assholes are.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

King Vidiot posted:

Being honest and being condescending are not the same thing. It's how you say it that matters. Yeah, there are people who have to get all "Way to go, champ!" when someone with a mental handicap does anything at all, and that's rear end in a top hat-ish. If they disregard his disability and just say that he looked happy being up there, they're just making an observation. That's not rear end in a top hat-ish.

I'm proud of the guy, sure. But that's after laughing my rear end off. I guarantee you that most of the people saying positive stuff, unless they're old ladies or super religious, have probably laughed their asses off too but just don't want to seem like assholes. So they post something positive.

Awww.

Edit: Here's the full episode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FR6hzfhkkU

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 3, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sash! posted:

Dude's done more with his life than I have and I have complete control of my faculties! I don't even have an excuse for my half-assing literally everything I've ever done

What are you talking about? He spent his life either in brain surgery or watching wheel of fortune. The only way you could do less than him is if you had locked-in syndrome and spent your life watching only wheel of fortune.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

XboxPants posted:

The best part of that "PORK LWWWRHHHN" girl is when she realizes he can't understand her, she tries to spell it and shouts "PORK LWWWRHHHN, L-I-O-N". A pork lion.

This is the same family who, when asked this question, said "pork-upine".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

As far as Price is Right contestants go, this is easily my favorite. Bob's "I'm too old for this poo poo" expression at the end really ties it all together.

:golfclap:

This actually infuriated me. Stupidity is the greatest way to troll, unfortunately in her case, it was inadvertent.

• Locked thread