Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

so they updated abyss's picture for the tv title but he hasn't defended it in so loving long
-----

- Magnus finally lost the TNA title...

- To Eric Young. Totally not a WWE ripoff.

- Angelina Love won the TNA KO title.

- The Wolves won the TNA Tag titles but one of them has a goofy haircut. So it balances out.

- Dixie Carter is back!!! As a bearded lady!!!

- TNA had to partner with UTA, probably because they still haven't signed a TV deal? Are we in the end days?

- If so, god bless Vince Russo for sending TNA out with a bang.

- James Storm lost to the best TNA wrestler (and future world champ), Gunner. No shame in that.

- Bully Ray lost his match due to interference from the bearded lady, Dixie Carter.

- Willow is still around and still terrible.

-----

Next TNA PPV: One Night Only: Jokers Wild II

-----

I WAS NOT PAID FOR THIS FOURDOWN PLUG. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND MAKE CLETUS HAPPY.

-----

if anything is wrong i dont care because its tna

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
TNA is bad and I wish it was way betetr

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Vale Samoa Joe being stuck in a hole picture.

Never forget.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Reposting-

I really need to find a way to get my hands on the Xplosion episodes from the weekly PPV era. I mean, look at these matches:

Mark & Jay Briscoe vs Quiet Storm & Chris Divine
The Ballard Brothers vs Tony Stradlin & Todd Sexton
CM Punk vs Colt Cabana
Tenacious Z vs Truth Martini
Jimmy Rave vs Matt Sydal
Jose & Joel Maximo vs Matt Stryker & BJ Whitmer
Shark Boy vs Delirious
Daizee Haze vs MsChif
James Storm vs Doug Williams
David Flair vs Horace the Psychopath
Erik Watts vs Antonio Banks (MVP)
Shark Boy, Matt Sydal & Salvatore Rinauro vs Delirious, Jimmy Rave & Ryan Ash
Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens vs CM Punk & Michael Shane
Mike Awesome vs Cliff Compton
Konnan vs Masada
Erik Watts vs Hotstuff Hernandez
Jerry Lynn vs Nate Webb
Christopher Daniels & Elix Skipper vs Matt Sydal & Delirious
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Todd Sexton, CB Cane & Delirious
Ron Killings, Konnan & BG James vs Nate Webb, Kid USA & Delirious
Julio Dinero & Alexis Laree vs Matt Sydal & Daizee Haze
Elix Skipper vs Chris Hero
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Mad Man Pondo, Nate Webb & Dirk Ciglar
Kid Kash & Abyss vs Matt Sydal & Delirious
Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James vs Breyer Wellington, Chris Hero & Soul Assassin
Ron & Don Harris vs Delirious & Nate Webb
Mad Mikey (Crash Holly) vs Delirious
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Chris Hero, Nate Webb & Scotty Matthews
Norman Smiley vs Robbie Eckos (Robbie E)
Mike Sanders & Glenn Gibertti vs Ken Anderson & Shawn Daivari
Crash Holly vs Austin Aries
Glenn Gilbertti (Disco Inferno) vs Pogo the Clown
David Young & Glenn Gilbertti vs Masada & Mike Foxx
AJ Styles vs Nate Webb
CM Punk & Julio Dinero vs Roderick Strong & Caprice Coleman
Christopher Daniels vs Matt Sydal
Erik Watts vs Chris Hero
Sonny Siaki & Trinity vs Chris Hero & Poison
Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James vs Jared Steele, Delirious & Masada
Monty Brown vs Eddie Venom & Nate Webb

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
There's a post over on DVDVR saying that Jesse Sorensen said in an interview he was ready to sue TNA regarding paying for his injury. He mentioned it to Bruce Pritchard and then a few days later he was offered the production job. The reason he can't sue now is because the time period he was able to do it in passed (and he was released like a month after it expired).

So TNA suckered Sorensen in with a "job for life" then immediately tossed him out once the time period he could sue them passed. They really do deserve to go out of business. It's in the Observer apparently so I guess someone with a sub can back it up.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
To quote Luigi Thirty, from the last page of last month's thread:

quote:

Observer ratings for Sacrifice:

E&R vs Bromans: **3/4
Anderson vs Shaw: *1/4
Angle and Willow vs EC3 and Spud: *3/4
Sanada vs Tigre Uno: **
Gunner vs Storm: ***1/2
Love vs Rayne: *1/4
Roode vs Bully Ray: **3/4
Eric Young vs Magnus: ***3/4

I'm really surprised that both EY Vs. Magnus and Gunner Vs. Storm got that close to a four star match. I mean, the matches were okay, but neither felt anywhere over three stars.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Can't believe he liked EY vs Magnus so much. I found it to be passable but bland.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 1, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I feel bad for magnus that he hit an avalanche version of his finisher in that match and only got a 2.1 count. It was barely a false finish. It made him look terrible

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

To quote Luigi Thirty, from the last page of last month's thread:

I'm really surprised that both EY Vs. Magnus and Gunner Vs. Storm got that close to a four star match. I mean, the matches were okay, but neither felt anywhere over three stars.

Young vs Magnus actually got ***1/4.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Blasmeister posted:

magnus
[...]
It made him look terrible
I fail to see the discrepency.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pressedbunny posted:

I fail to see the discrepency.

Well the commentry were trying to sell it as 'both men looked great in this epic battle', so

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Observer review of Sacrifice was much funnier than the star ratings would lead you to assume. I loved this part:

quote:

They aired a new vignette of Knux, driving in a car and coming to TNA wrestling. His girlfriend, who was named Tanaya, is now called Rebel. I was told that she was a friend of Christy Hemme’s when Hemme was a biker chick some years back, and did all kinds of tricks with fire in those days. She’s been training at OVW. While driving, he told her he was picking up two more guys, named Freak Show and Crazy Steve. There is a Crazy Steve, Steve Scott of Oshawa, ONT, who wrestles Canadian indies, and I believe it’s the same guy but that hasn’t been confirmed. Not sure about the others. She was mad and she didn’t want the two coming with them. So it’s going to be a new group. Please don’t let it be too much of a ripoff of the Wyatt Family. When the act finally debuts, on the 5/8 Impact, it’ll be Knux, Rebel, a clown with balloons, two guys walking on stilts and a masked bodybuilder. The idea is they are the guys from the circus. Hopefully it won’t be a Wyatt family knock off.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I can't see a Circus Troupe stable being a knock off of a swamp based Charles Manson esq cult stable, but with TNA, I guess anything is possible.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Now I'm half-expecting this loving company to sign Kizarny. Because why the gently caress not?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is it just the picture or does Abyss' mask really look that similar to Kane's?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brooke Tessmacher posted an update on her Facebook. She's not gone from TNA (at least not yet); the reason she hasn't been on for a while is pretty lovely but for once not having to do with the company.

Tessmacher posted:

I just wanted to take a moment and share my experience with Dr. Moliver. When you are looking for a doctor for any kind of issue it can be so stressful, this especially applies for plastic surgery. You want to find someone that is well knowledgeable, attentive, experienced, and shows compassion toward you in a professional way. I wish I had the opportunity to read reviews from real friends before I made my decision solely based on marketing. With that being said, this is why I feel it's so important I share with you when something is great!!!!!

A few years back I had an awful breast augmentation that tormented me every time I looked in the mirror. I went to a well known doctor who calls himself "The Breast Doctor" of Houston. I wish I had listened to my gut after I met him. Something just felt unsettling about him. I went strictly off the massive marketing I so often seen all over Houston. He fed me full of promises he could not deliver to sell me on an over priced surgery. After the surgery, I expressed my concerns and how they just weren't right and uneven etc. He couldn't have cared any less about my disappointments and just sent me on my way.

After this horrible let down I promised myself I'd find someone that I felt comfortable with- someone that gave me the truth about my expectations and didn't try and break me on the price. That's when I found Dr. Clayton Moliver. I felt cozy from the moment I walked through his doors. I never had to wait longer than 10 mins for my appointment. His staff was so helpful and friendly. You never really realize how important this is until you have been treated so wrong and taken advantage of. After being welcomed to the back he then blew me away with his knowledge while drawing out the procedure itself so I was aware of what he would be doing. He told me straight up what I could expect after the surgery. No false hopes- no lines to sell me.

It's now been almost 6 weeks since my surgery and I couldn't be any happier!! I finally have my confidence back!!! There is no price tag on that!!!! Yay!!!!!

Got awful expensive breast augmentation surgery from a carny doctor, finally got corrective surgery to fix things (apparently complications had set in including a rupture which basically forced her to get it). She's on her way to a full recovery on the bright side. No word on her contract situation or if/when she'll return.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 1, 2014

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Special thanks to Sweeney Tom for the new av

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is it just the picture or does Abyss' mask really look that similar to Kane's?

If you went to Target and bought a child's Kane mask from the toy section and spraypainted it brown you'd be pretty close to what Abyss is flexing right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the tv title still exists

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

Reposting-

I really need to find a way to get my hands on the Xplosion episodes from the weekly PPV era. I mean, look at these matches:

Mark & Jay Briscoe vs Quiet Storm & Chris Divine
The Ballard Brothers vs Tony Stradlin & Todd Sexton
CM Punk vs Colt Cabana
Tenacious Z vs Truth Martini
Jimmy Rave vs Matt Sydal
Jose & Joel Maximo vs Matt Stryker & BJ Whitmer
Shark Boy vs Delirious
Daizee Haze vs MsChif
James Storm vs Doug Williams
David Flair vs Horace the Psychopath
Erik Watts vs Antonio Banks (MVP)
Shark Boy, Matt Sydal & Salvatore Rinauro vs Delirious, Jimmy Rave & Ryan Ash
Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens vs CM Punk & Michael Shane
Mike Awesome vs Cliff Compton
Konnan vs Masada
Erik Watts vs Hotstuff Hernandez
Jerry Lynn vs Nate Webb
Christopher Daniels & Elix Skipper vs Matt Sydal & Delirious
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Todd Sexton, CB Cane & Delirious
Ron Killings, Konnan & BG James vs Nate Webb, Kid USA & Delirious
Julio Dinero & Alexis Laree vs Matt Sydal & Daizee Haze
Elix Skipper vs Chris Hero
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Mad Man Pondo, Nate Webb & Dirk Ciglar
Kid Kash & Abyss vs Matt Sydal & Delirious
Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James vs Breyer Wellington, Chris Hero & Soul Assassin
Ron & Don Harris vs Delirious & Nate Webb
Mad Mikey (Crash Holly) vs Delirious
Konnan, BG James & Ron Killings vs Chris Hero, Nate Webb & Scotty Matthews
Norman Smiley vs Robbie Eckos (Robbie E)
Mike Sanders & Glenn Gibertti vs Ken Anderson & Shawn Daivari
Crash Holly vs Austin Aries
Glenn Gilbertti (Disco Inferno) vs Pogo the Clown
David Young & Glenn Gilbertti vs Masada & Mike Foxx
AJ Styles vs Nate Webb
CM Punk & Julio Dinero vs Roderick Strong & Caprice Coleman
Christopher Daniels vs Matt Sydal
Erik Watts vs Chris Hero
Sonny Siaki & Trinity vs Chris Hero & Poison
Konnan, Ron Killings & BG James vs Jared Steele, Delirious & Masada
Monty Brown vs Eddie Venom & Nate Webb

tanahashi and nakamura have xplosion matches

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that the same Matt Striker? Teaming with BJ Whitmer?

Should I be marking out, bros ?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is that the same Matt Striker? Teaming with BJ Whitmer?

Should I be marking out, bros ?

Nope, it is the unibrowed wonder.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SylvainMustach posted:

I can't see a Circus Troupe stable being a knock off of a swamp based Charles Manson esq cult stable, but with TNA, I guess anything is possible.

Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope are probably too old to wrestle anymore, but you never know.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Suben posted:

There's a post over on DVDVR saying that Jesse Sorensen said in an interview he was ready to sue TNA regarding paying for his injury. He mentioned it to Bruce Pritchard and then a few days later he was offered the production job. The reason he can't sue now is because the time period he was able to do it in passed (and he was released like a month after it expired).

So TNA suckered Sorensen in with a "job for life" then immediately tossed him out once the time period he could sue them passed. They really do deserve to go out of business. It's in the Observer apparently so I guess someone with a sub can back it up.
Yeah, the part about the statute of limitations was mentioned in the Observer some weeks ago around the time he made the tweet about returning to TNA when Daffney reached out to him to join her lawsuit. This week's issue had this to say:

quote:

Jessy Sorensen did an interview with Chinlock radio saying that he met with lawyers about suing TNA regarding paying for his injuries, and brought it up in a phone conversation with Bruce Prichard. Three days later he was on the phone with Prichard, Dixie Carter and Dean Broadbend (the CFO of TNA), and they offered him the production job. He said with the benefit of hindsight, he probably should have sued and chalked it up to being young and foolish. He said that he had friends in WWE who told him that TNA not paying his medical bills was bullshit.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 1, 2014

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
I could be misremembering, but I thought that Tessmacher was the last Knockout without horrible, unpleasant looking implants, so i suppose it makes sense that she's followed suit. gently caress, at this point I feel so sorry for anybody working at TNA.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Poor bastard just can't beat Bald Bull.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Nostradingus posted:

:golfclap:

Beautiful

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

John Cena posted:

the tv title still exists

Schroedinger's Title, it exists and does not exist at the same time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE should pay off Sorensen's medical debt just to make TNA look even more hilarious

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that Knux's sister isn't named Abigail.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Schroedinger's Title, it exists and does not exist at the same time.
So they're copying the US Title too then?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kifisonfire posted:

So they're copying the US Title too then?

No Dean at least brings that with him

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
When they had those Knux vignettes, I didn't know exactly what they were going for... but boy I was NOT expecting a juggalo carnival stable.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Angular Landbury posted:

When they had those Knux vignettes, I didn't know exactly what they were going for... but boy I was NOT expecting a juggalo carnival stable.

So... they're the Oddities?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Do not even ask posted:

So... they're the Oddities?

With Rob Terry as Golga, yes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

This is phenomenal.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Angular Landbury posted:

If it's not a blatant Wyatt Family rip I'm going to be sad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

njsykora posted:

If it's not a blatant Wyatt Family rip I'm going to be sad.

you're probably going to be sad either way, really :v:

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Huh, beared Dixie. And I thought the thread title was a reference to EY's reign as knockout tag champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Nostradingus posted:

Future credibility was that ref's Sacrifice.

• Locked thread