Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

More than being kicked out of ROH (multiple times), All Japan, New Japan, TNA (multiple times), EVOLVE, NOAH, Dragon Gate, PWG, CZW, and AAA, and quitting New Japan, TNA, and WWE,

Solomonic posted:

literally carried kicking and screaming like a small child out of the arena by CZW security, never to return, because he threw a tantrum in mid-match and refused to keep wrestling

this. This picture sums up Low Ki better than anything else can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
He might kinda sorta be on good terms with Gabe again, so he might be welcome in DGUSA/Evolve (I mean he did work for him a month ago)!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Do not even ask posted:

So... they're the Oddities?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's a shame Eddie didn't stay with ROH, I'd love to see a Davey/Low-Ki tag team, they're a perfect match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Banned from AJPW for being a miserable poo poo
Banned from NJPW for being a miserable poo poo
Banned from ROH for being a miserable poo poo
Quit WWE because he didn't want to lose all the time
Banned from PWG no showing.

Him quitting WWE is a common misconception. He was legitimately released. As management thought he gave off a vibe he didn't want to be there it was lowering the moral of others.

He floated the quitting story as he was embarrassed about being released. he later came clean.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

TNA Impact is filmed mostly at Universal Studios and it looks like they are literally just re-using the Universal Halloween Horror Nights cast and costumes.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I don't see Willow in there at all.

Edit: Also what's the bearded dude's gimmick supposed to be? Same with the lady.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Fibby Boy posted:

Edit: Also what's the bearded dude's gimmick supposed to be? Same with the lady.

they are a single bearded lady living in two separate bodies

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Is this what ICP meant whenever they talked about the dark carnival?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

bearded dude is Mike Knox and he is the ringmaster of that freak show, the woman is his girlfriend and she swings poi around

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Fibby Boy posted:

Wray Byatt

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

One of them is really odd looking.

I'm talking about Rob Terry of course. Least threatening looking muscleman ever

What I don't get is why TNA didn't ask the Batiri to just work part-time and be part of the stable. Would be a hell of a lot better than Rob Terry and I'd believe that they're carny freaks.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Wait, that's Rob Terry dressed as Shao Khan? :psyduck:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solomonic posted:

Wait, that's Rob Terry dressed as Shao Khan? :psyduck:

Yep, you can tell it's him thanks to him having the worst bodybuilder man tits.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

weekly font posted:

Jimmy Jacobs was shorter than me though. :lol:
Jacobs is so short. He is like a cute little bunny or something.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Can we just have a thread for Double J's new promotion so I can stop coming to these tna ones please

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jason Funk posted:

Can we just have a thread for Double J's new promotion so I can stop coming to these tna ones please

Here you go.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Testekill posted:

What I don't get is why TNA didn't ask the Batiri to just work part-time and be part of the stable. Would be a hell of a lot better than Rob Terry and I'd believe that they're carny freaks.

Rob Terry lives in a glass case in Dixie's office. Every time they need to randomly fill a spot in a stable they awaken him.

Angular Landbury fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 3, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Angular Landbury posted:

Rob Terry lives in a glass case in Dixie's office. Every time they need to randomly fill a spot in a stable they awaken him.

He'd best be on his guard now that the WWE has fired Mason Ryan.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Angular Landbury posted:

I still want her to hire Chris Masters for this purpose. Whenever she needs him, she'd just go to his petrified body and yell "AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0bA_NZ3vI

:rimshot:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Solomonic posted:

it lead to one of the bigger dream matches in NJ indy rasslin at the time: Ki vs Ric Blade.
LOOOOL

Ric Blade introduced me to the concept of "a guy can still suck at wrestling even if he hits about half of his SPECTACULAR MOVEZ".

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 3, 2014

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Wait hold on so noted Tough Guy Low-Ki couldn't take some random security guard at an indy show?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Wait hold on so noted Tough Guy Low-Ki couldn't take some random security guard at an indy show?

I'd be willing to bet he's only a tough guy when it comes to pro grappling. It's pretty easy when people just stand there & let you hit & kick them because it's part of the job.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Congrats to TNA alumnus AJ Styles on becoming champion of the actual world #2 wrestling promotion, and continuing to prove being in TNA is actually a massive detriment to your career.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Him quitting WWE is a common misconception. He was legitimately released. As management thought he gave off a vibe he didn't want to be there it was lowering the moral of others.

He floated the quitting story as he was embarrassed about being released. he later came clean.

Either way, he didn't want to lose all the time and was a miserable poo poo about it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Either way, he didn't want to lose all the time and was a miserable poo poo about it.

That is what he was moping about. As you know yourself nearly everyone in WWE goes through the test/humbling period of doing a poo poo tonne of jobs before they decide to push you.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Blasmeister posted:

Congrats to TNA alumnus AJ Styles on becoming champion of the actual world #2 wrestling promotion, and continuing to prove being in TNA is actually a massive detriment to your career.

By defeating another TNA alumnus.

Bullet Club needs more titles.

http://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/462569665315614721/photo/1

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

ChikoDemono posted:

NWA has some tag team titles they can let IWGP borrow right? Give Big Daddy YumYum the NEVER title as compensation.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ChikoDemono posted:

Woah woah woah, AJ took down Okada?

How good was the match?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Stallion Cabana posted:

Woah woah woah, AJ took down Okada?

How good was the match?

It was good! You should watch it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Beautiful Ninja posted:

NWA has some tag team titles they can let IWGP borrow right? Give Big Daddy YumYum the NEVER title as compensation.

Actually the NWA World Tags are in NJPW. Tenzan/Kojima hold them iirc.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

House of 100 Corpses

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

House of 100 Corpses

Also known as the Impact Zone crowd.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand, the WWE burying Kaval b/c he wasn't supposed to win or he celebrated too much was some bullshit.

But in retrospect they may have made the right call.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Peanut President posted:

Actually the NWA World Tags are in NJPW. Tenzan/Kojima hold them iirc.

I forgot about TenCozy holding those. Well all that much easier for Yujiro and a Tongan of his choice to win them. Freebird rule it everyone gets to be a champion.

In actual TNA talk, how about that there Eric Young, World Champion. A bit of a step up from being the lesser half of the Knockouts Tag Champions with ODB.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Eric Young's championship matches so far have actually been good, and I forgot that he was actually a good wrestler. The issue is that he's been booked as mentally challenged for the better part of the past decade or so.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He's a good choice as champion right now and should be able to elevate someone quite nicely down the line. If Kazarian wasn't about to be fired I think that could have been a good feud, but instead the actual plans are probably going to be pretty boring.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Squalitude posted:

He's a good choice as champion right now

I mean in terms of someone who would have good matches I guess.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean in terms of someone who would have good matches I guess.

"Good matches" is the most TNA has ever been able to deliver on a somewhat regular basis. Eric Young isn't that much more of a joke than Randy Orton, and is about 10000 times more credible than Magnus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Eric Young being booked as Not Daniel Bryan is making him look really loving bad.

• Locked thread