Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

FlapYoJacks posted:

No. There are shitloads of poor boomers that got shafted by capital.

Most of them are okay with that as they have internalized that they were "not good enough" and thus their fault, according to "personal responsibility."

In other news my stimulus card went missing and since I didn't get it before moving out of CA apparently, I can't get it anymore as "time of payment" is when you receive card lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

BeAuMaN posted:

and the beef stock in a good Pho!

FYI, I found a good instant pho, the So Ricey! brand. My building has a take/leave shelf in the lobby, and someone dropped off a half dozen packs. They were really good, so I got more and shared some out to friends. Since they were well received, I thought I'd mention them since pho came up. The broth is very flavorful and the clear noodles are excellent. I chop a green onion into mine and add some frozen wontons or shrimp. Check them out at your local asian market.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

mllaneza posted:

FYI, I found a good instant pho, the So Ricey! brand. My building has a take/leave shelf in the lobby, and someone dropped off a half dozen packs. They were really good, so I got more and shared some out to friends. Since they were well received, I thought I'd mention them since pho came up. The broth is very flavorful and the clear noodles are excellent. I chop a green onion into mine and add some frozen wontons or shrimp. Check them out at your local asian market.

Will keep this in mind, thanks :)

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Celexi posted:

In other news my stimulus card went missing and since I didn't get it before moving out of CA apparently, I can't get it anymore as "time of payment" is when you receive card lol.

Think they'll be as lackadaisical about its 1099-misc?

e: my bet is a lot of California filers will be amending their returns this year because of that

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Is there a way to check on its status? I’m a little worried I tossed mine thinking it was credit card spam from some bank I’d never heard of.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
There's a number at FTB that you can call. They will put you on hold for half an hour before hanging up on you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
It appears I got it as a ach in Oct unless that was smth else

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I called today after my wife never got her $700 card (it was in our informed delivery email but never arrived). The IVR says to call back “after January 31st” and then hangs up. No option to talk to anyone without the card number. But she sure got a 1099 for $700 :downs:

phongn
Oct 21, 2006

A bunch of tax consultants are currently considering the MCTR as non-taxable under the General Welfare Exclusion (PDF) and TurboTax is currently considering it as non-taxable.

The IRS has not yet issued an opinion.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Celexi posted:

Most of them are okay with that as they have internalized that they were "not good enough" and thus their fault, according to "personal responsibility."

All Boomers are a hive mind and they all voted the same way. Every election, from local to federal had one person receiving 100% of the vote. :rolleyes:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 4, 2023

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Think they'll be as lackadaisical about its 1099-misc?

e: my bet is a lot of California filers will be amending their returns this year because of that

They were prompt as gently caress about sending out that 1099-MISC, gotta admit. That thing was in my mailbox on like Jan 2.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
edit: not feeling it

Greg12 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 3, 2023

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so...is our rainy season already over?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

its spring now bitch. take out the lawn chairs and beer cooler. thnx

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Mr Interweb posted:

It looks like it will rain this weekend in SLO, and maybe next weekend in SoCal? And it just rained a few days ago. So...no.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr Interweb posted:

Rained a bit today in San Jose and we're supposed to get about another inch over the weekend. :shrug:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We've got 2 weeks of moderately rainy weather queued up in the Bay.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[literally 3 days of clear sky] huh, guess winter is over

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

VorpalBunny posted:

It looks like it will rain this weekend in SLO

I swear I'll exercise again one of these weekends

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larry Parrish posted:

Thread title please.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bradford pears are in full bloom, which is extremely hosed up imo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Amazingly, I somehow can't smell them any more, despite them all being in bloom. Maybe they're not fully revved up yet?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FogHelmut posted:

Bradford pears are in full bloom, which is extremely hosed up imo.

Those goddamned cum trees.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Larry Parrish posted:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > California Politics: literally 3 days of clear sky and goddammed cum trees.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bradford pear trees are already banned in Ohio and South Carolina. Write your assemblymorons and maybe we can ban them too. Or at least have them restricted to San Fernando where nobody will notice the smell.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have a large one in my front yard and there’s nothing like smelling a hot load every morning when I bring my kids to daycare.

Also, my employer has them all over their parking lot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They don't really smell like anything in particular to me, probably cuz I'm a chain smoker. But the loving sap.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CPColin posted:

Amazingly, I somehow can't smell them any more, despite them all being in bloom. Maybe they're not fully revved up yet?

Time to get rapid tested :)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Larry Parrish posted:

They don't really smell like anything in particular to me, probably cuz I'm a chain smoker. But the loving sap.

Have you ever sniffed cum

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jokes posted:

Have you ever sniffed cum

The trees don't smell like it to me. It's just faintly sappy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Larry Parrish posted:

The trees don't smell like it to me. It's just faintly sappy.

How would you characterize the cum you've sniffed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jokes posted:

This is beginning to make me very uncomfortable

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It’s just such a terrible, distinct scent to constantly be subjected to

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I simply just don't think they smell like that. And if I have to scrape the sap off my windshield one more time I will light one on fire like a flag at a protest

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I wish I didn't know what cum smelled like. You privileged piece of poo poo I hate you. Smell my immediate cum now!!

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

jokes posted:

It smells like pancake batter.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Time to get rapid tested :)

I joked on Twitter the other day that I must have a special, new strain that targets only this specific smell

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Those trees smell like day old roadkill to me. The streets in my neighborhood are lined with them and I hate it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Who is the person deciding to plant all these trees

They just say, well they smell like cum and they get poo poo all over your car but they look so niiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Urban forestry is hosed 16 ways from Sunday. Largely from errors in the 1900s but still.

It's poo poo like
"Let's plant all male trees that release shitloads of pollen"
Or
"Oh, this tree will definitely destroy sidewalks and other infrastructure but that'll be in 20 years so meh."