Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

I dont know. I wonder what kind of wheels hes going to have

Nobody knows, right? I think that actually makes it a brilliant choice. They don't derail anyone's hype train and they get a look at what Anderson Silva can give them in a fight that has name appeal.

I mean, assuming Diaz shows up for his required poo poo. I think I am a fan of that knucklehead, but I understand why Dana White would express his frustration.

Come to think of it, that's another way it makes sense. If Silva comes back en fuego he will beat the poo poo out of a thorn in the UFC paw. If Silva looks bad it doesn't really make Diaz look that good and everybody wins if they both pull off a corker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Silva vs Diaz in Brazil please. I want Nick to miss weigh ins because nobody told him what time zone they're in. I want him to mean mug a hostile crowd.

Please give this to me.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Chael did a forty minute interview with Meltzer and Alvarez. It's good, and surprisingly candid.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Silva vs Diaz in Brazil please. I want Nick to miss weigh ins because nobody told him what time zone they're in. I want him to mean mug a hostile crowd.

Please give this to me.

:lol: if you think Brazil would be a hostile crowd compared to the 209. Nick's got fuckin' soccer moms in Lodi talkin' poo poo to him!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Nick would probably get a hero's welcome in Brazil. He can't wrestle, has endless, unjustifiable loyalty to the shithole he was born in, and gives no fucks if the excuses he makes are even slightly believable.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bubba Smith posted:

couldn't an mma website request an interview with the ref assigned to do Gustafsson/Jones II and casually ask him, "so those finger pokes Jones does in every fight are weird, huh?"

it might plant a seed in the ref's mind to do something about it.

Sounds like a job for the fine journalism folks at BloodyFinger.com

K8.0 posted:

Nick would probably get a hero's welcome in Brazil. He can't wrestle, has endless, unjustifiable loyalty to the shithole he was born in, and gives no fucks if the excuses he makes are even slightly believable.

"Nick can't afford to buy a favela" - Mike Kogan

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Greg Savage from Sherdog said he's been hearing some rumblings of Andy Silva vs. Nick Diaz towards the end of the year.

I'd watch the crap out of this.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

I must be missing something, but is there a link to download it. I right click on it but get no save option?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Nibbles141 posted:

I must be missing something, but is there a link to download it. I right click on it but get no save option?

You just follow the instructions where it says "Right click save as..." and select the "save link as..." option from the menu.

I missed the interview on the site yesterday, definitely checking this out now.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Ah thanks, thought that just saved the hyperlink.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've decided the UFC needs a reverse standup rule. If two fighters are being super tentative on the feet and not engaging or failing to generate effective offense, they're placed on the ground in an indian leg wrestling position in the center of the octagon. This rule takes effect after the first minute of the fight passes.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Lloyd Boner posted:

I really hope Silva/Diaz happens because there is no result that could not be hilarious and/or amazing.

e: also TKZ is probably coming back August/September and wants Lamas, who wants to fight sooner against Poirier or Bermudez, while Bermudez wouldn't mind fighting TKZ.

all of these fights own

Actually you could match up just about anyone in the top 15 of the featherweight division and it would own except for Clay Guida.

I think they're doing another card in Macau in late August, I would love to see them book TKZ/Kawajiri to headline.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've decided the UFC needs a reverse standup rule. If two fighters are being super tentative on the feet and not engaging or failing to generate effective offense, they're placed on the ground in an indian leg wrestling position in the center of the octagon. This rule takes effect after the first minute of the fight passes.

You guys are being boring and tentative on the feet? Be boring and tentative on the ground instead!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This isn't a new idea. It is however, a fairly bad idea. I don't think tentative stand-up is a problem at all, certainly not enough to warrant making a new rule.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
guys I'm pretty sure that was a joke, it's OK.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Would goons be interested in contributing to a gofund to benefit the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights in Gustafsson's name for that fight, if I checked the proper channels and got approval for it?

A google search for gay Swedish charities tells me they have a government office anti-discrimination group called HomO though and that's a pretty good name, so I will have to do some research.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Can we just get HomO on his trunks instead.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I think we should do it but put the donation in Jones' name.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
How much does it cost to sponsor a float in the NYC Pride Parade.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Can we just get HomO on his trunks instead.

Funny but ultimately more expensive and doesn't really benefit anyone but Jon Jones (financially).

Sprecherscrow posted:

I think we should do it but put the donation in Jones' name.

Also a good option I considered, but if Gus has less lovely opinions about gay people than Jones and his people get back to me should I ask and are agreeable, it'd be good PR for Our Guy In This Fight.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How much does it cost to sponsor a float in the NYC Pride Parade.

COMBAT SPORT AND MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN NEW YORK

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
THE JON JONES MARRIAGE EQUALITY AND SOBRIETY FLOAT

red19fire
May 26, 2010

We should get "My eyes are up THERE, Jon" on the front of Gus's shorts.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Jon Jones marriage equality and service dog fund.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Gregor Samsa posted:

Jon Jones marriage equality and service dog fund.

If Gus or the group don't want this kind of press I'm all for an eyesight charity in Jon's name.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

:laffo:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/30/5669254/chan-sung-jung-targeting-a-return-in-august-or-september

Korean Zombie wants a fight in August or September, wants Ricardo Lamas but Lamas doesn't want to wait that long. Dennis Bermudez said he'd be up for it though.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
That eyepoke video is hilarious and awesome and it's a lot more egregious than I remember.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

red19fire posted:

We should get "My eyes are up THERE, Jon" on the front of Gus's shorts.

Hey you, I like you.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
When Gus gets his rematch the thread title should be something like "UFC ??: The World Series of Pokers."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Trast posted:

When Gus gets his rematch the thread title should be something like "UFC ??: The World Series of Pokers."

yep, that's definitely what it's going to be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Shamelessly just tweeted a version of that joke to him. Thanks Trast lol.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

That eyepoke video is hilarious and awesome and it's a lot more egregious than I remember.
The Rashad gif is particularly bad. At least for most of them Jones is kind of faking it by being palm up - in that one he is just straight up extending his fingers at Rashad's eyes.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Bluedeanie posted:

Would goons be interested in contributing to a gofund to benefit the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights in Gustafsson's name for that fight, if I checked the proper channels and got approval for it?

A google search for gay Swedish charities tells me they have a government office anti-discrimination group called HomO though and that's a pretty good name, so I will have to do some research.

Both Gustafsson and the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights have some drat nasty skeletons in their closets so there's synergy in that idea.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Ein posted:

Both Gustafsson and the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights have some drat nasty skeletons in their closets so there's synergy in that idea.

Does Gus have any skeletons in his closet that didn't occur while he was a minor?

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 1, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Does Gus have any skeletons in his closet that didn't occur while he was a minor?

he went to juvie a whole lot but thats about it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

John Cena posted:

or 15 months in prison for "grievous bodily harm", but close.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

John Cena posted:

So...no?

-Atom- posted:

When he was a teenager. Are we supposed to still hold it against him? Has he continued this behavior in his adulthood?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

Jones caused some grievous harm with a bottle that one time

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Shamelessly just tweeted a version of that joke to him. Thanks Trast lol.

Nice, please link it.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

So...no?

When he was a teenager. Are we supposed to still hold it against him? Has he continued this behavior in his adulthood?

This is the motherfucking internet. Until he cries about it and posts a thousand apology tweets, we hate him for having different opinions as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Trast posted:

Nice, please link it.

https://twitter.com/intelSEBASTIAN/statuses/461925064447766528

quote:

intelSEBASTIAN ‏@intelSEBASTIAN 2h

@JonnyBones hey is it true you're going to be on the next season of world series of poker? I would bet on you :)

I hope Ken Shamrock gets pissed at me again

• Locked thread