Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYIXNLV-j8

Entertaining: Chael Sonnen vs Ariel Helwani

ariel helwani is doing everything that makes espn so insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

mcgregor can flap his gums all he wants. he'll never be as insufferable as cole miller, the only guy to ever make me root for junie browning.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

mcgregor will hopefully rack up 4-5 wins against trash and then give jose aldo his biggest payday thanks to crazy hype.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Aurain posted:

Why do I miss the gladiator intro so much? It was certainly in the so bad it's good category.

at the very least, it was less offensive than the ripping me into pieces song. for someone who wants to make mma bigger than soccer, dana insists he can do it while using a song that would turn off any educated adult instantly.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

gross.

these are terrific.

freud mayweather fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 12, 2014

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Ariza posted:

8 of his 14 UFC (with TUF finale) wins have been by TKO, which I find surprising as poo poo. Granted those were against Mayhem, Jorge, Kang, Jason Day, Elvis and a couple of people I don't recognize.

bisping isn't really pillow-fisted, but he is an accumulation puncher who overwhelms opponents with volume and pace until they can no longer defend themselves.

it's pretty dope.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Trast posted:

It is a Bendo fight can their be any doubt to it's outcome other that it will be a robbery?

yeah, a close decision or a clear-cut decision. the guy has only had one robbery, a bunch of close fights, and a couple of absolute dominations.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

I thought Bendo beat Melendez and Frankie the first time, lost to Thomson and Frankie the second time.

i agree for the most part (barely remember bendo/thompson), but it doesn't even matter what we think. the fact is that outside of frankie 2, all the fights that people with a lame grasp of scoring call robberies were just real close fights with a perfectly valid argument for either guy getting the nod.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i don't think we know enough about weidman to know what kind of challenge machida presents.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

lmao still with this retard garbage, in this very thread. give this goon a participation metal stained with hotdog mustard

wrong wording, but his point is correct. machida doesn't bait guys by planting his feet and matrixing. he gets the gently caress outta dodge. we don't know how well weidman can close distance, time counters, etc. because we haven't seen him strike against a lot of styles. i remember there being a lot of striking in the maia fight, but he was fighting with no camp. other than that he had two exchanges with munoz before cleaning his clock, and a little bit with anderson before cleaning his.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

fight pass friends, does fight pass get episodes of TUF right after they air on FS1?

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i also think robbie will win the fight, but if matt brown tags lawler like jake did in the third, he'll do more about it than stand around real tired. it's an interesting and fun fight.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Nah, Michael Kuiper is in Titan Fighting now.

this is good stuff.

i like tyron woodley a lot, but in his last fight he just managed to prove he could have a dominant first round against condit. a feat that isn't exactly unique in the welterweight divison. it would have been really interesting to see that fight play out, because i think woodley's got a ton of potential with his combination of speed and wrestling. i would love to have seen how his cardio would have held up against condit's late-fight pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

varner has been such a fart for so long that i now find it endearing. rarely do you get to watch someone exhibit so little personal growth over the course of a decade.

• Locked thread