Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress fort Lee, spent 30 weeks there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Sup Army thread.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Got em lined up.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

6 March: orders published
8 May: SPC CASHFLOW, here's some orders, have fun at Fort Lee in two weeks.

:suicide:

What's up neighbor? At least Lee has poo poo to do. 30 minutes from Richmond, an hour from Busch Gardens, two to VA Beach and D.C. What are you headed there for?

e:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Got em lined up.

Marines kill puppies not kittens, get it right you fag.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 8, 2014

ForkPat
Aug 5, 2003

All the food is poison
Alright, areas to stay away from around Ft Gordon? Anyone hear anything terrible about Meadowbrook Drive directly east of Gate 5? It's not Grovetown where everyone and their mother is telling me to live but for what I want to pay, it's actually a standalone house with a garage and it's not a quadplex. Also, the rest of the houses in the area don't look terrible/ghetto at all.

I know someone here recommended me a property manager in private message but their reviews were a nightmare and I just left a nightmare landlord. Anyone dealt with Auben?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I couldn't tell you anything about the neighborhood, but from what I remember the area around Tobacco Road is quieter than the rest of Augusta. Just stay away from the area around the mall and Washington Road. It's infested with AIT kids on the weekends and turns into a loving zoo when the Masters comes around. Downtown Augusta is pretty lovely east of the train tracks but the west side has a few decent restaurants/bars and stays pretty quiet.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 9, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

What's up neighbor? At least Lee has poo poo to do. 30 minutes from Richmond, an hour from Busch Gardens, two to VA Beach and D.C. What are you headed there for?

Reclass school, only a month but kinda gay to find out that you have orders for the end of the current month.

polpot saved asia
Aug 28, 2011

PorkFat posted:

Alright, areas to stay away from around Ft Gordon? Anyone hear anything terrible about Meadowbrook Drive directly east of Gate 5? It's not Grovetown where everyone and their mother is telling me to live but for what I want to pay, it's actually a standalone house with a garage and it's not a quadplex. Also, the rest of the houses in the area don't look terrible/ghetto at all.

I know someone here recommended me a property manager in private message but their reviews were a nightmare and I just left a nightmare landlord. Anyone dealt with Auben?

washington road has somewhere in augusta which is probably the best sports bar i have ever been to. on fridays you can drink as much as you want for 20 bucks at coyotes and the vue. broad street is pretty legit has some good bars. there is a one legged stripper downtown.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
So why do they encourage AIT students at Leonardwood to break their body running up and down Carwash hill like it's some kind of loving achievement

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

NTT posted:

So why do they encourage AIT students at Leonardwood to break their body running up and down Carwash hill like it's some kind of loving achievement

Because Army.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

NTT posted:

lookit this fuckin showershoe

polpot saved asia
Aug 28, 2011

NTT posted:

your new here arnt you?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

PorkFat posted:

I was the one who sent you a pm with my last land lady's info. I had seen those negative reviews before and no idea wtf they are about. She was really good to us.

If you'd rather not live in grovetown, I'd head out gate 1 to Martinez or Evans. I lived in Evans for about a year and it was pretty good except the drive could take an hour some days if you left at the same time as the rest of the post. I'd avoid living outside of gate 5 if you can help it. Every time there was a budget shortage they would severely cut hours on that gate and force everyone who lived out that way to come in gate 1 in the morning, which created massive congestive. Also a lot of places out there are pretty sketchy.

Btw, whatever you do don't rent any places from some dude named Pomerance. Talk about lovely landlords.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

NTT posted:

How can you post this without video?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

polpot saved asia posted:

your new here arnt you?

I don't have years of experience with the weenie yet forgive me

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Oh god, I remember it now.

New to the forums, can someone link to the reference?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
A black day for the Army thread. One ETS's and two more appear to take his place. I was pretty sure it was going to be nothing but we handful of retarded officers and a sprinkling of Reservists.

nescience posted:

New to the forums, can someone link to the reference?

It was awhile ago. It's definitely in the archives by now. Archives access costs extra :10bux: Not much of a story anyway. Guy calls passing an APFT his personal Normandy, merriment ensues.

e:

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Reclass school, only a month but kinda gay to find out that you have orders for the end of the current month.

Are they making you stay in the b's, or are they giving you a hotel room?

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 9, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

NTT posted:

Car wash hill is only like a 4 mile round trip, dude. So unless they're running it every day, I wouldn't exactly call it body breaking.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

A black day for the Army thread. One ETS's and two more appear to take his place. I was pretty sure it was going to be nothing but we handful of retarded officers and a sprinkling of Reservists.

if we were all civilians who would we have to make fun of

cole

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

psydude posted:

Car wash hill is only like a 4 mile round trip, dude. So unless they're running it every day, I wouldn't exactly call it body breaking.

It's just the angle of the road. Running downhill like that must be terrible for you.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

NTT posted:

It's just the angle of the road. Running downhill like that must be terrible for you.

run the gulch at helemano military reservation and get back to me.

or the kolekole pass at schofield.

the lesson is, it gets worse.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

cmdrpinky posted:

the lesson is, you're being a bitch, it's just a hill

FTFY.

I was half expecting another story about IET troops actually breaking; welcome to morning PT until you find that insane CPT who loves to do half marathons just because. I can smell the whiskey sweat and explosive vomit just thinking about it. :barf:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
[ Martello intensifies ]

ForkPat
Aug 5, 2003

All the food is poison

Delizin posted:

I'd avoid living outside of gate 5 if you can help it. Every time there was a budget shortage they would severely cut hours on that gate and force everyone who lived out that way to come in gate 1 in the morning, which created massive congestive. Also a lot of places out there are pretty sketchy.

Btw, whatever you do don't rent any places from some dude named Pomerance. Talk about lovely landlords.

Yeah I'm seeing that gate 5 area has heavy gang activity. In fact, when you google gang activity in Augusta, the first hit is a shooting like 3 houses down from the place I was looking at. I guess I will stick to Grovetown but drat, applying and rushing to cut a check is loving stressful when you're competing with 10 other military for the same place.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

McSpatula posted:

FTFY.

I was half expecting another story about IET troops actually breaking; welcome to morning PT until you find that insane CPT who loves to do half marathons just because. I can smell the whiskey sweat and explosive vomit just thinking about it. :barf:

The funny thing is that although those types of runs hurt like hell if you're not prepared for them they're less bad for your body (specifically your feet and legs) than those retarded slow formation shuffles that Army units just love to do because they look motto and pretty and poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Demolition Road at FLW is pretty brutal. 5.5 miles round trip, but the back leg is up like 45 degree incline. And in the summer time there's tons of green bottle flies biting you the entire time. Don't miss doing that poo poo at all.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Monte Berico, 7 miles round trip, not sure what the exact elevation is but yes thats Italian for mountain

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Are they making you stay in the b's, or are they giving you a hotel room?

Not really sure, most people in my unit who went got hotels but knowing me I'll get stuck in a bay somewhere.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jarmak posted:

Monte Berico, 7 miles round trip, not sure what the exact elevation is but yes thats Italian for mountain

Oh god and if you're running goat trail...

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I didnt mind hills too much (except doing sprints up and down that one hill that looks like a ramp in Bragg's housing area. Ste. Mere Eglise I think? I remember it being something retarded like somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile with a flat section for train tracks. gently caress that hill and my old squad leader for making that happen my first run day in the 82d after a month of loving leave.) But gently caress those shuffle runs. Anything larger than company and you get that stupid slinky thing going because some turd nugget cant keep a 10 min/mile pace.

polpot saved asia
Aug 28, 2011
netzaburg hill. never seen so much puke and pain on a brigade level.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh god and if you're running goat trail...

Goat trail rules. Going up the switchbacks is a slow burn, goat trail is just the whole hill in one shot. I miss off post PT in Vicenza, running down Dixie Rd on Benning just isn't the same, somehow...

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

polpot saved asia posted:

netzaburg hill. never seen so much puke and pain on a brigade level.

lmao that hill also owned any time it was icy and watching all the people with summer tires gliding their cars down hill into the railing

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kikuchiyo posted:

Goat trail rules. Going up the switchbacks is a slow burn, goat trail is just the whole hill in one shot. I miss off post PT in Vicenza, running down Dixie Rd on Benning just isn't the same, somehow...

Yeah, PT in the 82nd isn't much better, however, I definitely don't miss the smell of running around Vicenza.

wirefire
Feb 22, 2011
So we had an E-5 get caught forging his soldier's signature on counseling statements. This was a week ago and I don't think he will be punished. The other NCOs in my platoon are just as toxic. I ETS in a few months and don't care at all about the Army.

What can I do to gently caress over this platoon before I leave?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

wirefire posted:

So we had an E-5 get caught forging his soldier's signature on counseling statements. This was a week ago and I don't think he will be punished. The other NCOs in my platoon are just as toxic. I ETS in a few months and don't care at all about the Army.

What is anonymous IG complaint for $200, Alex. If you're worried about getting your ETS hosed with you could, I don't know, get the retard whose signature was being forged to do it instead?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

wirefire posted:

kill them all then kill yourself

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

What is anonymous IG complaint for $200, Alex.
Always Be Complaining

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

cmdrpinky posted:

run the gulch at helemano military reservation and get back to me.

or the kolekole pass at schofield.

the lesson is, it gets worse.

Whatup 307th buddy.

I legit like the gulch though, I think it's fun. It makes Kolekole pass look (and feel) like nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

wirefire posted:

don't rock the boat too much because if there's one class of people toxic leaders like loving with the most, it's people who are about to ETS

gently caress them got yours ETS quietly and let the other poor schmup joes deal with it

• Locked thread