Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

goatse guy posted:

I can't believe I quit my job. Jesus Christ. I loved this job, but there's just nothing else going for me in Grand Forks.
Are you intending to stick with the same, or use it as an opportunity to change careers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Weather getting nice?
More like it's time to stay indoors and figure out a way to cool down the garage.

I wish I could say I listen to exhaust but the volvos sound like tractors and the BMW is too quiet with the factory muffler.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

InitialDave posted:

Are you intending to stick with the same, or use it as an opportunity to change careers?

I may try to find another similar job in the future, but for now I'll be doing some admin work for my dad.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What's a good VIN service? I have a few vehicles I want to check.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

My new job loving owns. We did a 'team building' event today which would normally be awful but for this team meant going out to BFE and shooting guns and fishing all afternoon :allears:.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Timmy Cruise posted:

Good question. Why would you?

$600, should be profitable to flippy it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

the spyder posted:

What's a good VIN service? I have a few vehicles I want to check.

PM me, I have a few carfax to burn.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

The Weissach symphony orchestra.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

I can't believe I quit my job. Jesus Christ. I loved this job, but there's just nothing else going for me in Grand Forks.

Jobs aren't everything. When I told my job I wanted to return to the ranks they told me to get lost and never think of a promotion for the company.

So I'm happily back in Iowa running trains and acting like an idiot.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Motronic posted:

The Weissach Neckarsulm symphony orchestra.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

mariooncrack posted:

Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

Blitzen Trapper and the sound of air coming out of my vents.
And I'm pretty sure I'm like the only person who listen to Blizen Trapper in Florida.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Wasn't that the 924? Or were they both built there?

Close enough.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Motronic posted:

Wasn't that the 924? Or were they both built there?

Close enough.

Both the 924 and 944 were built in Neckarsulm, though Porsche moved 968 production to Zuffenhausen, presumably because they were broke as gently caress at the time (and farmed out convertible construction to Karmann in Osnabruck). :spergin:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MrChips posted:

Both the 924 and 944 were built in Neckarsulm, though Porsche moved 968 production to Zuffenhausen, presumably because they were broke as gently caress at the time (and farmed out convertible construction to Karmann in Osnabruck). :spergin:

Good spergin. I approve and i learned something.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ExplodingSims posted:

Blitzen Trapper and the sound of air coming out of my vents.
And I'm pretty sure I'm like the only person who listen to Blizen Trapper in Florida.

"Thirsty man" is a great driving song.

"Radar Love" is the best driving song of all time.

I just listen to "Sandstorm" on infinite repeat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I like rock music, so anything from Mogwai to Weezer to Steel Panther to Dark Tranquillity.

Usually stick to post-rock, but music that's fun to drive to definitely includes Steel Panther. (Also their live show is fuckin' nuts.)

If you listen to Mogwai definitely check out Earthless, i mentioned them in here a while ago. Specifically: Flower Tavelin' Man, Lost in the Cold Sun, From the Ages, and Sonic Prayer. There's a bunch of songs/albums on the 'tube but holy poo poo I've been rocking them hard lately.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

goatse guy posted:

Streetlight Manifesto

Id you've never seen Streetlight live...

you're missing out on some awesome.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Jobs aren't everything. When I told my job I wanted to return to the ranks they told me to get lost and never think of a promotion for the company.

So I'm happily back in Iowa running trains and acting like an idiot.

I put a lot into my jobs because there was nothing else to do here. The dealership job was important to me because I was single, friendless, and without a hobby. Now I'm going to have things to do and people to see.

some texas redneck posted:

Id you've never seen Streetlight live...

you're missing out on some awesome.

I have, many times!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Super Eurobeat is great driving music :rice:

(not kidding)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Super Eurobeat is great driving music :rice:

(not kidding)

I exclusively listen to the Initial D soundtrack while driving.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Jobs aren't everything.

Agreed. Gone are the days of having one or two jobs your entire life then retiring with a nice pension. These days you gotta learn to reinvent yourself when things don't work out. I've gone through shitloads of jobs in multiple different careers. When I figured out that being happy was more important than making money things went a lot easier. Although my job now can be a PITA at times, I'm pretty much my own boss, my judgment is trusted (no micro managing yay) and the people I work with are awesome so as long as the money is reasonable I'm happy.

Rhyno posted:

The Miami Vice soundtracks (Jan Hammer) is my soundtrack pick for driving :3:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 31, 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I missed like 350 post in here in the last week, but I didn't actually miss anything...

New project thread incoming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

I missed like 350 post in here in the last week, but I didn't actually miss anything...

New project thread incoming.

Sweet.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My current driving playlist:

The new self titled Crystal Method album rocks my socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9MpeKm-imE

The Chain Gang of 1974: Daydream Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rprf7LEraU4

ATB: Contact (If you like euro/dance/trance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TYrl85YcA

Also someone in this forum turned me on to Miami Horror, which has a definite summer sound to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDIJ-jqYulI

All of which are enjoyed through an 11 speaker 900 watt system with the top down.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 31, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm a predictable twat and listen to mostly mainstream thrash and NWOBHM (no points for guessing specific bands).

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rhyno posted:

I listen to them all the time

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
alice in chains
stone temple pilots
pink floyd
a bunch of video game & movie soundtracks 'cause I'm a nerd.
deathtemple in hell
etc.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I listen to a lot of vintage afrobeat driving the Miata - it just gives a good retro feel to the whole roadster experience.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I usually just crank iwrestledabearonce, Infant Annihilator, or Pendulum / Knife Party / Freestylers depending on the day. From Deathcore to DnB, I have it all :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

LloydDobler posted:

Also someone in this forum turned me on to Miami Horror, which has a definite summer sound to me.

It was me. :kimchi:

Every time I Look To You comes up, it's a good time.

Much like Real Slow, Holidays has an AI video as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8dt1hpZ9M

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Y'all need to listen to more fake 80s music. they make songs for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3ibdil2UM

edit: though driving northeast out of Carson City on US 50 towards Fallon, with a desert rain cloud looming in the distance, all the windows and sunroof wide open, and this blasting at top volume was definitely one of the better experiences of my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2jAgVgro7s

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 31, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Sometimes I listen to j-rock in the car and it makes me feel like I'm in Initial D.

CharlesM posted:

pink floyd

I have a bunch of Pink Floyd waiting for my next road trip. I've got Pulse, Gilmour's solo effort, WYWH and Animals lined up. That should get me through a five hour road trip quite nicely.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
How about a little crossover from the dullest car thread?

Primarily, my audio of choice NPR. Yup. No tape/fm-modulator to hook my phone into and local radio is primarily garbage. Welp
:smug:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Road trips? Bill Hicks or George Carlin stand-up routines.

Maybe some Sunn0))) or The Sword to mix things up.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

T1g4h posted:

I usually just crank iwrestledabearonce, Infant Annihilator, or Pendulum / Knife Party / Freestylers depending on the day. From Deathcore to DnB, I have it all :v:

Pendulum gets me too many speeding tickets.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My pandora station is a huge grab-bag of every genre imaginable, from Dr. Dre to Lindsey Sterling to Tool/A Perfect Circle and everything in between.

Although lately I've just been listening to my Irish folk rock station so Flogging Molly, Great Big Sea, The Dubliners, The Pogues...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Nodoze posted:

I listen to them all the time

I am glad I am not the only one. I imagine it's a lot more fun when you're driving a small Japanese sports car though.

Usually, I listen to NPR or podcasts but I think I'm starting to burn out on both. Post-rock was always something I meant to get into, anyone have recommendations on where to start? I used to listen various forms of metal but I found out that I always tended to speed more when listening to Thrash. :rock:

In other news, my PSU fried the other week but Corsair sent me a new one and now my computer is back in business. :feelsgood:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

How about a little crossover from the dullest car thread?

Primarily, my audio of choice NPR. Yup. No tape/fm-modulator to hook my phone into and local radio is primarily garbage. Welp
:smug:

I used to listen to a lot of NPR until I installed my new exhaust. Now it's hard to hear them discussing the news, so I need music that I can crank up.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Terrible Robot posted:

My pandora station is a huge grab-bag of every genre imaginable, from Dr. Dre to Lindsey Sterling to Tool/A Perfect Circle and everything in between.

Although lately I've just been listening to my Irish folk rock station so Flogging Molly, Great Big Sea, The Dubliners, The Pogues...

I used to rock a lot of Dropkick Murphys while driving.

That led to a lot of getting pulled over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Just gonna throw this out there you should be able to listen to 80s synth if your car is from the era.

• Locked thread