Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Rant:
A series of events over the last several days has pissed me off more then usual. I realized/decided two things this morning: First, I'm done and no longer taking on other peoples project cars once the current ones are finished and focusing on what I want to do. Second, I'm changing how I deal with these last ~ dozen projects/customers. If I don't make these changes, I'm to the point where I'm going to tell everyone to gently caress off, come get their POS that they won't spend the money on to fix it right and cry to someone else for help. The point of doing this is not for me to hate the cars I'm passionate about- but it's drat hard not to when I'm treated as storage yard and bickered with over pricing and payment for jobs that anywhere else either won't touch or would charge twice as much. To anyone ever thinking about starting a specialty shop let me give you two pieces of advice I leaned the hard way. 1) You can not be a nice guy and run a successful shop. 2) True friends become apparent every quickly and the rest make bad customers and worse employees.
/Rant

the spyder fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I heartily recommend firing lovely customers because gently caress dealing with shitheads, guaranteed they'll keep coming back to piss and moan about something else even if you do help them out. Some people will just keep taking advantage of you if you show a modicum of decency.

With how specialized you are just tell them to gently caress off if they don't like the price/terms and wish them luck in finding someone else who will do the work.

That's the plan. If I even get the slightest hesitation from any of them, it's their problem and they have 30 days to remove their car before it becomes mine.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm sitting here, cursing our F150 due to the number of broken bits+ 14mpg and missing my drat 135i I sold this winter. I almost bought a 2012 Mazda3 Skyactive hatch yesterday (the private seller wanted $12,5k- which is ~ 5-7k less then a dealer would have tried to sell it for), but someone beat me to it with cash. Now I'm back checking out TDI Jetta's and pretty much every car under $20k I can find. I'll even buy a drat automatic at this point, I just want passenger space (wife+child) and decent (20+mpg). Someone just go buy me a car, I'm failing at this pretty hard.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've found myself looking at 07-10 Toyota Camry Hybrids. :ohdear: I feel like I'm going to have to turn in my AI membership card. drat this 40 mile commute and $4/gal gas.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Cat Terrist posted:

Nooooope - do it to the Vette!

I want to put a 20B into a C6 just to see how many scream :D

:shepspends: approved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What's a good VIN service? I have a few vehicles I want to check.

• Locked thread