Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Untagged posted:

but don't worry because instead of what you've requested they are now going to buy shoulder mounted LED flashlights...because their cheaper... and Surprise! They flash red and blue too so if your chasing someone...!

*collective groan from the squad*.

:frogsiren:

We were given similar lights that could clip on our armour. They were blue and would either flash or be a solid blue light. Most were either not collected or thrown into a locker. The best use was the guy that put it on the trike of his kid. Patrol trike of a 3 year old!

The only folks with them are those who can described as 'office wallopers'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
I am currently wallowing in the joyous feeling of starting summer annual leave. Two and a half weeks off work is glorious.

Thanks for letting me share.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

I shall await this entering the uk top 40 charts.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Hey, we've still got the Falklands and...er.. Gibraltar.

At least we gave you all the modern Police force, something you should all be grateful for.

Very spot on point. I'm part of the original police force which later led to such innovations as the stilitoe tartan checks on vehicles and hats. That's ignoring the gift the empire delivered of tea. The glorious drink that it is.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hezzy/Bernard/chartley/whichever britcop: what the gently caress is going on with your police union and why is your Home Secretary talking about dissolving it? I was watching bbc a couple days ago and they were talking about it non-stop.

Mine is separate, the Scottish police federation which isn't such a shambles. They produce snazzy videos and try to work in a positive way with the media etc.

• Locked thread