Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Internet forums and police officers do not mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

everybody tells us we should be stopping real criminals but nobody wants to tell us where the real criminals are.

Wallstreet

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

beanieson posted:

^^^ is into fat chicks ^^^

badge guinea pigs

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

I am currently wallowing in the joyous feeling of starting summer annual leave. Two and a half weeks off work is glorious.

Thanks for letting me share.

https://soundcloud.com/hezzy88/sleep-fart-compilation-january-to-may-2014

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

I played for about a week after launch and got bored.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

beanieson posted:

VVVVV that's me, the Mexican in the hat

i didn't recognise you with your clothes on

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or917z9jXB0

Guy: WHAT THE gently caress I GOT THAT ON loving CAMERA!!! I GOT THAT...
*cop gets out of car*
Guy: ... on camera

gbs.avi

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 25, 2014

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

I respectfully disagree with this, poster friend of the family DEATH TURBO

GunForumMeme posted:

Jesus even your explanation requires an explanation.

It's becoz he is a fackin sahfener innit? Facking slags and wooden tops

*puts hands in pockets, wears hat on the back of my head, chews gum with mouth open*
*generally looks like a scruffy bag of shite*

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hezzy/Bernard/chartley/whichever britcop: what the gently caress is going on with your police union and why is your Home Secretary talking about dissolving it? I was watching bbc a couple days ago and they were talking about it non-stop.

They're not talking about dissolving it as such, just getting rid of the people running it at the moment.

I agree with the Home Secretary but I think the way she's going about it is disgusting.

Our Federation is corrupt, slovenly and useless. They don't fight for us any more and just seem to be abusing all the money given to them. It is basically an old boy's club. The Federation for my force has point blank refused to make their expenses transparent, refused to allow greater female representation and refused to account for the chairman's trips all around the world to "policing conferences".

That being said, if the Home Secretary replaces the people in the Federation they're probably just going to be government yes men and we will be even more worse off if that is even possible. We need democratic processes to elect the chair of the Federation.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

For a long time, way before I joined but when my father was a copper, the Federation has always attracted the worst officers in to it's ranks as reps.

I've heard anecdotes about my force's current chair and they all revolve around his corruptness. He was very close to a number of people who were fired for raiding property stores for drugs and selling them on. They couldn't prove anything against him though. Now he is in charge of our Federation and is taking trips around the world to "policing conferences"...

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 28, 2014

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wait are you some kind of copper intern?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Constabulary

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why the gently caress would you do that?

It's usually seen as a career path into the police. It is incredibly competitive here, considering we're just coming out of a 5 year complete recruitment freeze. Only 2 people on my intake of 60 people didn't have a police background, the majority being Special Constables or PCSOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Why are your houses not made of bricks? At least you don't get storms or hurricanes over there or anything like that....

Also I had my favorite defense for drink driving earlier...refused a roadside test, got him back for a station test where he blew almost triple the limit. His defense, that the fan above the cage in the meat wagon was blowing a mist of alcohol on to him....

ah yes the old mistaroo

• Locked thread