Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Crion posted:

It's also worth noting that being tall doesn't save you from having a poo poo fastball if you, in fact, have a poo poo fastball. Hello, Mark Hendrickson.

I don't know why you wouldn't call out Jon Rauch here because gently caress, how do you waste being that tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The working theory is that taller guys get prettier girlfriends, allowing them to feel more confidence, which helps their mound presence. And let's not confuse "confidence" with "never gets lit up." Being confident can simply mean you're able to not give a poo poo when you get lit up, which generally translates to more innings, before getting hooked.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

the popes toes posted:

The working theory is that taller guys get prettier girlfriends, allowing them to feel more confidence, which helps their mound presence.

So reality officially reached the stereotype of Old Scout Guys depicted in Moneyball? "But does he have a hot girlfriend?"

I don't know how accurate the given heights for players are. I'm sure most of them are accurate, but I think teams can fudge the official stats a bit if they like. Not by much, but enough to throw you off if you're making charts or stat records where a single inch matters. Some of this is cynicism on my part from seeing that they do fudge the numbers with weight, sometimes quite dramatically.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Craptacular! posted:

So reality officially reached the stereotype of Old Scout Guys depicted in Moneyball? "But does he have a hot girlfriend?"

:thejoke:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mike Moustakas called back up and only like a week later. Glad he figured things out in such a short period of time. Really revolutionary.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marlins just traded the 39th pick in the draft for Bryan Morris. Loria trade spotted.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marlins just traded the 39th pick in the draft for Bryan Morris. Loria trade spotted.

Well, they're going to overslot Rodon, so I guess that's less players to pay for

v Oh, then yeah, just Loria I guess

ChampRamp fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 1, 2014

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
They lose the pool money as well, I believe.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
You're allowed to trade draft picks now?

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

MourningView posted:

You're allowed to trade draft picks now?

Only the competitive balance picks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh the picks that were like literally designed to help teams like Oakland that Oakland somehow didn't get because they dare to be well run, cool.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I like Miguel Cabrera and hate everyone else.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

How can you hate Scherzer

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
I'm sure some people do because they bought the Greedy Scherzer line the Tigers weirdly pushed this offseason.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's not May anymore.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Der Meister posted:

How can you hate Scherzer

I'm just joking around.

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

I'm sure some people do because they bought the Greedy Scherzer line the Tigers weirdly pushed this offseason.

Those people are really dumb.

Miguel Cabrera is now 1 home run behind Carlton Fisk for 71st overall, 2 behind Norm Cash and Jeff Kent, 3 behind Matt Williams, and 4 behind Orlando Cepeda and Tony Perez.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm just joking around.

Those people are really dumb.

Miguel Cabrera is now 1 home run behind Carlton Fisk for 71st overall, 2 behind Norm Cash and Jeff Kent, 3 behind Matt Williams, and 4 behind Orlando Cepeda and Tony Perez.

But he can't field, is really just a dh with a glove, lacks the winning spirit of Davis Ortiz, therefore is a worse player than Edgar Martinez

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Max Scherzer and Ian Kinsler are the two coolest players on the Tigers, hth

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Actually, it's Al Alburquerque.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
It's Miguel Cabrera and Don Kelly actually.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

Actually, it's Al Alburquerque.

Come on man, everybody knows he's not a real person.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its Rajai. Sorry nerds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

Oh the picks that were like literally designed to help teams like Oakland that Oakland somehow didn't get because they dare to be well run, cool.

I've just assumed that the competitive balance picks are pretty much randomly assigned because that's the only way I can justify like half of them (maybe more).

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MassaShowtime posted:

Its Rajai. Sorry nerds.

The only thing this exercise is doing is showing how many cool dudes are on the Tigers. (it's actually Austin Jackson, y'all)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

The only thing this exercise is doing is showing how many cool dudes are on the Tigers. (it's actually Austin Jackson, y'all)

Well Rajai was only 5th on the Jays in TCI (Total Coolness Index) last year so take that for what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
none of the players you jackwagons listed celebrate Mauktoberfest

• Locked thread