Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
@Dan_Dickerson: Max has now thrown 14 shutout IP last 2GS, 3rd time in 7GS he's allowed 0R...4th win lowers ERA to 1.72....

I will not enjoy watching him pitch for someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
@Chris_Iott: Shocker: Robbie Ray is listed as the starting pitcher for the Detroit Tigers on Sunday against the Twins.

Let's get two wins before Fister gets a start! :haw:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
N: Tigers winning lots of baseball games
V: Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :3:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tigers won the trade. :smug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Tigers have a 6.5 division lead and eight fewer losses than the next closest team. They're still waiting for Dirks, Iglesias, Hanrahan and Knebel. If Iglesias is gonna miss the whole year, they could sign Drew next month.

This could get silly in a hurry.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rand alPaul posted:

I agree, Detroit going to win the Central by like 15 games and then blow huge leads in the ALCS because that bullpen :(

Well uh Joba and Nathan have been real good the past couple weeks and they could add Hanrahan and Knebel later so maybe the bullpen isn't as dog crap as we thought it was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rand alPaul posted:

I am kind of impressed with Krol, too, as a loogy. I'm afraid Joba is being overused. I am optimistic about Hanrahan. Is Ryan Madson still looking for work? Detroit should pack the minors with reclamation projects.

Ad in the paper reading "Are you an out of work hard throwing reliever with control issues? CALL DAVE DOMBROWSKI NOW!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tigers sweep the Red Sox in Fenway for the first time since 1983, playing .692 ball. nbd, nbd.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Harlock posted:

I dunno, getting out of that Prince contract looks more and more like a better idea, even if they have to pay the idiot tax for signing it in the first place

In some parallel universe, that fat sack of cash is being paid to Yoenis Cespedes instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WELLLLLLLLL gently caress you again, Red Sox. gently caress you, again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tinstaach posted:

Instead of having the best record in baseball and Stephen Drew, we'll have to be content with merely having the best record in baseball. :negative:

The best record in baseball and Andrew Romine. If you can even CALL that rickety sham of a situation the best. :suicide:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow that really sucks for Prince and the Rangers.

I dunno what kind of year I was hoping he'd have, but not this. :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joba4closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joba Chamberlain is the best relief pitcher on the Tigers staff. Okay.

• Locked thread