Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Pirates are back to being the Pirates, 2013 was just like when Orpheus came over to the underworld where his singing stopped all the punishments happening in Tartarus, and now in 2014 Orpheus is gone and the furies to deliver punishment for us Pirates fans for the crime of probably being Steelers fans. Okay maybe that's a little overdramatic to explain that Pirates suck again and I'm sad :smith:

This was me last season when I realized the 2012 Nats were just a fluke.

Sometimes you just need to appreciate flukes. Wish I had while it was still happening though :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Cain on DL.

N: Got hurt cutting sandwich into triangles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Martin Perez is getting TJS Monday

This is getting absurd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beltran's visiting Andrews. Please, no more :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ESPNStatsInfo
Jeff Samardzija is only pitcher in MLB history with ERA below 1.50 and 0 wins in his 1st 10 starts of a season (@eliassports)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you aren't excited about the possibilities of Coach Manny, I don't know what to tell you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Could be worse, they could be the Mets.

Mets had 8 hits against Beckett just 5 days ago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats Jeff Samardzija, you did it, you won a game in 2014.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

So a bit of an incoming e/n post but it's baseball related and I think it's cool:

My 91 year old grandpa got to go to DC last month with a bunch of other WW2 vets to see the memorial there as part of a non-profit group that works to get vets over there for free. Today on Memorial Day they got honored at the Mariner game prior to the start of the game on the field and the players came out and shook their hands. My grandpa got to meet Lloyd McClendon right before the game. It was rad as heck.

Despite all the camo uniforms and Support Are Troops, sometimes the teams can do some really cool promotions on Memorial Day :unsmith:

That's really awesome.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Baseball is a dumb sport for people who enjoy being in pain.

I've been searching and thinking for minutes, yet can't find an argument against this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

The Astros have won 7 in a row and I have no idea what is even happening anymore.

Are we somehow not the worst team in baseball anymore? Finally?

The Cubs still exist

• Locked thread