Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Did Kevin Towers facilitate the Scherzer trade too? And I'm pretty sure I remember him trading a few good, young pieces to Oakland too. Those wouldn't have hurt matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Random question I thought of today: do international leagues have as many oblique strains and ligament tears as MLB?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I mean, I get why you want to compare players from different eras and all that. But you just can't do it. The game was an entirely different in each of these eras. Just stand back and awe these giants in their relative greatness. Isn't that enough?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Senf posted:

Ryan Cook just left the game with forearm tightness.

FIRE IT UP.

Had your classic 'I just hosed my elbow' expression and all.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

MRI results pending.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Hasn't it been known for a while now that the inverted-W motion is a bad thing?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Martin Perez.

I'll give you one guess.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Come home, Kyle.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

What's new with Sale? Haven't heard his name since he went down.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Isn't Grilli ready? Why are they still calling on Melancon?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

He's going to be Bud and do something half-thought and brash, like institute a cap on IP, isn't he?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

A lot of young Japanese pitchers throw lots of pitches.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9452014/pitcher-tomohiro-anraku-future-japanese-baseball-espn-magazine

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Votto did not make trip with #Reds, getting MRI on left knee. Stint on DL appears likely. Same knee that he had surgery on in 2012.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Drew is a Red Sock.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Cliff Lee had an MRI.

Results forthcoming.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Yep.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The all-Ortizinator team might score 10 runs a game, but it'd give up something north of 100 runs seeing as how Ortiz can neither pitch nor defend.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

And apparently Miguel Olivo bit off some of Alex Guerrero's ear.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

What if the Ortiz team only played the Juan team for 162 games?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Also, kind of amazing the Juan Pierre team didn't steal about 40 more bases.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Whenever Wham! is mentioned I feel it is my duty to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63SkCbwp1os

:lumpen:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I have never seen this many significant injuries hit one sports team in a single season before. God.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The night is darkest...

:smith: Poor Jeff.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Everyone that makes it to 3B should do that. Even when rounding it and heading for home they should take an extra step out of the way to razz Beltre.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

That offense is for real. The pitching, though...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Season officially rules.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

How's he a psychopath? He just seems like a goofy introvert, not a potentially violent headcase.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Armitage posted:

Valverde DFAed and Dave Hudgens fired. Who's next?

Bullpen coach? Terry? I'm thinking this as much a 'gently caress you, Valverde' as it is a warning shot to everyone on that team.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Who in the hell is going to take that massive contract?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Hasn't LaTroy been imploding a lot lately? Seems about time...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Dude is going to get beaned like three times today for that Can Can-ing into home.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I'm auditing too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Speaking of, what's SAS's take on Heaney? I've only heard good things elsewhere.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Wait. Price beaned Ortiz, then the teams were warned. Then Price beaned Carp, and Price wasn't ejected? What the heck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Someone here needs to become a kinesiologist so that they can answer the physics of these kinds of things. I mean, empirically it sure seems like the taller the better, but I do wonder about the physics of a small guy pitching vs the physics of a tall guy pitching.

• Locked thread