Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

the popes toes posted:

Why would we care? Why does anybody care? And why would we think they don't do that?

Another of the "unwritten rules". You don't flaunt it, and you don't get caught.

Cameras and the like are explicitly banned of course but I'm sure every team has some sort of system, even if it's just informal for things like high/low/inside/outside or fastball/off speed. If the entirety of the NL had their sign systems broken last year by the Cardinals, more power to them but my guess is if anyone really suspected them of stealing signs en mass you'd see a deluge of called low and away breaking balls that somehow end up fastballs up and in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

vegeta dentata posted:

Who will be the next winner of the Carlos Marmol sweepstakes?

Opposing hitters.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Deadspin found out about even crazier poo poo Mitch Williams did while coaching last weekend, including ordering a beanball on a 10 year old!
http://deadspin.com/witnesses-mitch...dium=socialflow

I wonder what it would cost to get Joe Carter to come sit in the stands and just stare at Williams all tournament.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

The Andre Dawson hypothetical bobblehead should be one from the game in '88 or so where he got hit in the head and his helmet broke into pieces, and his response was to get up and try to fight people.

I'm not saying anything, just sayin' Eric Show didn't live long after that day in 87.

The better version would be the 90's version of Dawson, and you could pair it up with collectible mini bats for throwing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKkHxkkCyA

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

The broken bones posted:

He also loves Arizona and Sheriff Joe, so it's a perfect motif.

Till he ends up sharing a tent with Mark Grace.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Deathlove posted:

I don't think I agree that it's the worst facility in MLB - I mean, it's no O.Co, but the stories are pretty hilarious.

I also love how this video is just straight up, literally "gently caress the rooftop owners." Not even hedging it a bit.

The Cubs clubhouse/training facilities are pretty horrid by MLB standards but the heart of the deal is still signage-development-revenue, which is why everything ended up on hold until the rooftop were dealt with. I'm not sure what's happened in the last couple of weeks to make the Ricketts say gently caress It, but it lends credence to the talk that it's just a couple of the rooftop owners completely unwilling to cut any sort of deal. I'm guessing the rooftop owners will end up getting some sort of payoff until the end of that incredibly stupid contract the Tribune signed with them in the end, then most of the buildings will end up getting converted back into condos. I'd love to see how much the rooftops ended up spending to buy the buildings and more or less turn them into sports bars with seats on the roof, and with court proceedings upcoming I'll probably get that chance!

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Politicalrancor posted:

Goatse is this man who stretches his anus to a very wide circumference.

With a wedding ring, this is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Does the American Girl doll Hospital do Tommy John?

• Locked thread