Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

I offered to pay $60 million for 5 years of this avatar but was turned down

axeil posted:

Losing Harper for half a season because he got benched for not legging out an obvious out and then to make up for it he HUSTLES into 3rd and breaks his thumb is not a good start.

poo poo that was a terribly confusing sentence. Basically, gently caress Matt Williams.

As a Phillies fan living in DC I've basically adopted the Nats as my #2 team because the Phillies aren't making the playoffs again until 2018. Also because Jayson Werth owns. Glad both teams I support have terrible managers! :smith:

What...no. You cannot adopt a division rival as your second team, what is wrong with people!

Kevin Gausman is not being called up as expected and will miss a start because he strained a muscle in a coughing fit. I think he has pneumonia and is going to die because Orioles pitching prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

It'll be fun listening to them echo tonight since there probably won't even be 10,000 people at the game to give them to (and thus absorb the noise).

I don't think you'll be able to hear them over the dingers being given up by the lovely pitchers on the mound.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

That Twin's series was soul crushing. The O's faced Nolasco, Correia, and Hughes. They didn't manage more than 3 runs in any game. Adam Jones looks like absolute dogshit right now. I really don't understand how he still can't figure out not to swing at sliders in the dirt.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Babe Ruth isn't even a top 5 Yankee of all time! Why are you guys talking about him like he's one of the greatest players of all time?

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Harlock posted:

Can we just fire Ventura and make Konerko player-manager? Even if they lose, I would still feel better.

Also, the worst Baseball swing ever or the most obvious attempt at interference

Someone Photoshop a man holding a cake running into this gif and Sandoval is hitting him to get the cake, thanks.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

You can take Weiter's out of the picture, he doesn't need surgery, but will be DH only for a while.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Thauros posted:

Of course to be fair, there's not much you can do when that's the logo you're working with.

So cutting off Chief Wahoo's face reveals the stars and abyss inside his soulless body? I think I need to buy this hat just for it's amazing social commentary.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Explosionface posted:

According to what I read last night, apparently the Cubs are the first team to see him twice. That sounds really weird, but plausible given how insane MLB scheduling can get these days. He also didn't look comfortable at all once it started raining.

Rain probably washed away his pine tar.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

Wow, those movie poster designers sure are original, it's not like they just stole the design from that Laurence Fishburn movie 'Unbreakable'.

If you keep purposefully misidentifying things you are going to end up on the Mets medical staff.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Mike Mussina was at the O's game today and was shown on the video board to cheers of "MOOOOOOOSE"

Glad he's still attending games for the best franchise he ever played for.

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

I wonder what would happen if Matt Wieters didn't waste at-bats trying to be a switch hitter.

If you want your mind blown go look at his year by year splits. He's a capable switch hitter, he just can't hit both sides well any given year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugwump
Apr 13, 2004

I haven't heard of this woman before, but this video is a pretty good reaction to the Rick Reilly column. http://youtu.be/6guM0BaZJSw

• Locked thread