Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Lizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Zeroisanumber posted:

High Elf. I haven't seen an elf team done well yet.

Then you probably shouldn't encourage GNU to play them...

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

tlarn posted:

I'm aware that some teams really shine when they are around a certain team value range, such as needing a few skills before they start kicking rear end, or hitting critical mass early and can't keep up with other teams at higher team values.

Do the Necromantic, Lizardmen, and Khorne teams have such Team Value issues?

Lizards and Necros are both considered top tier teams. Lizards start hitting their stride at about 12-1300 and really don't stop. Necro starts a little bit sooner but they cap out a little faster than the scaly bros.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

Werewolf (1)

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Also name the werewolf that.

EDIT: Name the werewolf His Hair Was Perfect

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 4, 2014

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

AJ_Impy posted:

Zombie - Bonecrusher McGraw 'Boney' was a mild-mannered chartered accountant who one day had the misfortune of crossing the street without looking. As chartered accountancy is nearly impossible to get work for when legally deceased, he had to fall back on his meager sporting talents to make ends meet. Even now, his lifeless groans, moans and wistful sighs indicate his unhappiness with his lot in unlife, and he wants nothing more than to find a way back to double-entry bookkeeping.

Oh come on, at least go Bonecruncher McGraw for the play on accounting practices.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

CommaToes posted:

Better be named Scruff :colbert:

I think you mean Seymour :c00lbert:

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

AJ_Impy posted:

Telling me what to vote for? Hmph!

4: Blow it all on cheerleaders

This, but get a few rear end coaches too.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Agent355 posted:

:allears: Skaven.

Me and yapo have a bonus game planned for some point where we finally do LP rats vs LP norse and see who comes out the victor ( I will have more points and all my players will be dead).

Dunno when thats going to roll around though.

Imagine a flolem punching linerats forever.

Also I have an incredible record against rats.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Steelpudding posted:

Ahh! Pro elves! My second favorite elves.

Listen to this man! I can't really think of any situation where that's not the case, but if you can do it, you have to!

Big hand gunner is a pretty good reason to never surf the ball carrier.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

If you want some surf-heavy Blood Bowl perhaps I can direct you to the Norse Democracy LP

420 surf erryday.

That being said +MA is really the only choice here.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Hungry like is the only choice

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

Yapo is a bitch, I'm not worried about him

Rude. Good thing I already have like 4 mightily blowfull dudes then.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

Hmm, mini lesson time

Throw Team Mate is a skill that several Big Guys get. It allows them to throw specific players on their team, players who have a skill called Right Stuff. Right Stuff just means you can throw that player on a TTM, nothing more. Trolls have TTM, Goblins have Right Stuff.

When you throw a player, you aim for a square within a reduced passing grid range. So, rather than the 12(?) or 9 or whatever normal squares you can pass the ball, a thrown player can only go 6(or 5?) squares max. So, the Big Guy makes a couple rolls to try to pass the player, and if he succeeds the player gets picked up and chucked down the pitch. The goblin (or other thrown player) has to make an agility roll to try and land on their feet (more Tackle Zones make this roll more harder) and landing on a square occupied by a player bangs the goblin into that player, knocking them both down and turning the goblin into a makeshift projectile. However, this can also be used to let a goblin cover way more ground, assuming he lands upright. If he fails the agility roll he falls on his rear end and has to roll armor.

Of course, the goblin being thrown can also be holding the ball. You can see how this could be advantageous. Instead of doing a series of pushes to score a 1 Turn Touchdown on the turn where you receive the ball, you could simply hand the ball off to a goblin standing next to a Troll, have the Troll throw the goblin, have the goblin land upright (falling over causes the ball to fall down in what is probably enemy territory and end your turn) and have him make a mad dash to the end zone.

Of course, the process of actually getting the Troll to cooperate is cumbersome at best and impossible at worst. To actually go through the action of throwing your goblin, you need to first make the Troll's normal Really Stupid roll, which is a normal negatrait which we'll discuss in the video (basically he needs to roll 2+ or 4+ to follow orders, failing means he just stands around like a big loving idiot). Then, he needs to make the actual pass roll. If he rolls a 1 the Goblin falls out of his hands and has to make an Agility roll to land on the ground next to the Troll, failing sends him face-first to the turf. Odds are you're not going to have a great Agility roll with your Troll because he's Agility 1, so the Goblin is probably going to land off-mark, like a scattered pass would. The landing is also very hard for an AG3 unit to do.

Having said that, I have an Underworld (knockoff lovely Goblins, we might run into them at some point) team whose gimmick was the 1TTD using TTM, they are about as successful as you could imagine. 9 wins, 37 losses, 6 ties.

Like I said, goblins are a weird team. Pretty much every team that is comprised mostly of little ST2 stunty units like goblins, halflings, snotlings etc are weird.

You forgot Always Hungry and that TTMs are never accurate, even if you roll a 6

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

apostateCourier posted:

Seriously. Playing against the AI will teach you lots and lots of really bad habits.

Quoting this for troof.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
SDS if you don't start getting you rules spergin' right I'm gonna have to start ragin' and doin' big effortposts on how wrong you are.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Pass

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Maekrix Waere posted:

See, this is why I originally voted for Diving Catch, because it lets Wight Power catch accurate passes on a 2+, and inaccurate passes that would land next to him on a 3+. It would let him (in my admittedly limited experience) function decently well as a catcher, and lets us start with elf bullshit right now. Pass would too, of course, but, again, in my experience, Ghouls are usually going to be the primary ball handlers of the team. They're going to be picking up and running with the ball, and they're the ones who should get Pass (if we want to elf it up), because they'll probably have the ball in hand already.

And for the people who want murder, having catching skills on a Wight also might help him murder people more, because, as a catching threat, opponents will want to mark him, putting them in perfect punching position.

But oh well, its probably too late for the vote to shift significantly.

Diving catch is a normal on ghouls and werewolfs, though. Pass is a double for any player on the team.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
GNU why did you steal my block dice for this game?

Also never loving GFI into endzones.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

Go look up at that sideline cage. Sideline caging can be very useful because you use the sideline to prevent the side of your character, meaning you only need two players to act as corners. In some situations, sideline caging is very effective and a huge pain in the rear end to stop. However, I have shown pretty effectively that standing an unprotected player (either of the cage corners) two squares from the sideline is a dangerous choice when you have a 9 Movement, Frenzy werewolf.

420 surf 'errday.

Seriously though, never EVER sideline cage against Norse or Khorne. And if you see either of these factions sideline caging its probably a ploy to get you closer to the sideline.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

uPen posted:

Adding cards would be super cool and a good way to make me not feel like I've been ripped off when I buy BB2 on sale in a year or two.

I just want Helmut Wulf :(

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Shadowing

Kick

Blitzer

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
drat you phone

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
You can choose to not frenzy, you just have to choose to multi block instead.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
GnuOrder I like how your largely AV 8 team with Regen is less sturdy than the two previous AV 7 teams that were lp'd

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

TheNabster posted:

I'm going to stick with my Norse team. Block on all my players makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Without being Hitler.

Pro tip: the yhetee is a wild animal, too.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Holy poo poo yes to Flesh Gordon

Also give that zombie +AV. 70k for no real skills? He's almost an elf lino!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

1stGear posted:

That chain-pushing could not have ended better if you planned it that way.

You have to plan those sorts of pushes out. You get used to doing it if you play enough Norse or Khorne.

EDIT: Just realized you were talking about the block. It happens to me so often that I just forget about them most of the time.

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 20, 2014

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Luquos posted:

Oooh, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros based team. It's a shame that basically everyone only knows one song of theirs. (Also, yes, Norse for best team)

I also realized I made the team before the third album came out so there is only one lino from the new album and he's already BH.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Cheerleaders

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Rogue0071 posted:

I don't get the point of cheerleaders as a comedy/fun vote. Voting for suboptimal but fun skills makes sense - it's cool to see what kind of crazy unconventional tactics and plays we can make. Voting for something that means having fewer interesting players and skills is directly counterproductive to seeing more fun matches.

It's not counterproductive if our goal is to make his team more bloaty and thus more susceptible to murder.

Remember, a vote for two cheerleaders is a vote for mighty blow on the other team.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Male Man posted:

It's not about min-maxing. Cheerleaders just don't do anything. I'd rather dump limited resources into getting a rad mighty blow/piling on werewolf or something that actually makes things happen. Because then I can watch things happen. And then I will be entertained.

I hate to break it to you but clawpomb isn't rad. That and a PO wolf is gonna get stomped into dust so fast it'll make your head spin.

If you want the happening to intensify just vote for everyone to get frenzy. EVEN THE ZOMBIES.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Grab

Jump Up

Piling Awn

Piling Awn

Make it so

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

apostateCourier posted:

Name that ghoul A Cheerleader

Quotin' this because I'm down.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Duuk posted:

That's dubs because Passing.

Keep firing and hiring until you get a ghoul that rolls dubs then.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Buy rear end Coaches

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Jump Up

Dem bloom rats.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Fat Samurai posted:

I think the only time I have won with ogres has been via ragequit.

6 snortlings (one of them a DP) surrounding your best, currently prone, player are scary, bad statline or not.

You only need 1 ballhandler in Chaos, and that's the Beastman that rolls doubles and gets Dodge (maybe an extra backup). Then he gets block and Sure Hands and a couple of mutations or attributes and the ball stays the entire match glued to his hands, leaving the rest of your team to murder everything.

This means Clawpomb or Guard for your linedudes, usually. Having that number of killers helps with survibability, too, both by attrition and by having too many killer players for the opposing team to focus on a single one.

Chaos can be cute an try to build passers and catchers, but I feel that's playing against the strenghts of the team.

You just gotta roll more +agi and doubles. Beastmen can make for some pro ball handlers: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8605937

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Fat Samurai posted:

That could be said of Khemri with enough +Agi rolls. I'm a scrub in the dice rolling department.

Incidentally, I think I'm going to start a Chaos team and farm the poo poo out of the players, in order to REALLY get the fear ragequit going with pubbies. Do you fire anyone who doesn't roll a double or +Stat as his first level up?

If you're going to farm a clawpomb nightmare team, make it nurgle. The warriors have extra defense from getting hit back, still can use a goat for ball handling, and rotters are better foulers. Plus you can do it for like 1600TV instead of being north of 2k.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Buy a Ghoul

Dirty Player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Camoes posted:

Kick, it always seems so useful.

Kick is much more useful in fumbbl when you can actually decide when to use it. It also means you have to have a zombie not on the los or in a wide zone.

• Locked thread