Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Khorne will probably be the team with the most deaths because of how AV 7 they are and how bashy they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Necro is a good team, anytime I play bloodbowl and it spins up necro I'm always happy I didn't any of the four bullshit teams everyone plays.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Man I really hate it when people play khemri poorly, and by poorly I mean differently than I do.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Khemri rules, by far the best tier two team.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
As the old saying goes; "A Khemri tie is a Khemri win"

Save for A Dog. Ghouls are loving garbage anyway and zombies are even worse.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I played a game against necro that had a +AV wolf, I surfed him with the pogoer and with his AV irrelevant he died.

so +AV

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
If orcs are a legitimate team than so are dwarves. Literally any complaint you level at dwarves transfers directly to orcs.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Night10194 posted:

I think the thing is the dwarf player also doesn't really have any option but to be boring. Both teams can be played boring, but you could go fun places with orcs if you wanted. Dwarfs? Not so much.

Oh yea, orcs can do fun stuff, like actually using the thrower to throw and throw team mate. but people who play orcs almost literally never do that.

Dwarves can create a team that has dump off/pass/nerves runners but you see that about as often as you see an orc team that actually passes.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I actually make teams designed specifically to kill or annoy the high armor teams that plague matchmaking, I haven't played them in a while though. Remember these two?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Why pass over HMP pass on the bombardier?

I really hate playing undead teams with goblins because of the regen, it makes it really hard to get the man advantage you need when even the lovely players come back every drive.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Veloxyll posted:

I think he paid off regardless. He is bomberman, king of KOs.

Yea he did better than any of my bombers ever really have. Pass and HMP are both really good doubles to get on the bomberman, I can see why pass would be better but 2+ constant barrage of bombs sounds more reliable than just the reroll. Guess with the pass reroll he never takes rerolls for fumbling or whatever.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Pass for your double, then get strong arm and sure hands and you have a pretty good thrower.

If anyone else wants to actually have fun with this team we need to all make sure vote for the same skill to beat the wave of boring people voting for dodge.

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 1, 2014

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
In exchange for letting the werewolves get traditional hitting skills I have to try to make some other part of the team less optimal/more fun and on this team the easiest players to mess with are the wights, especially when the first skill up is a double.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Don't forget strong arm, the strong man's accurate.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Yea sure hands is probably the best way to get the guy with pass to actually handle the ball, but strong arm would be my next choice after that.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Your team will probably be ready sooner than you think, bloodbowl teams can level pretty fast if you don't get unlucky casualties.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Lord_Ventnor posted:

I thought that unlucky casualties were the soul of Blood Bowl, though.

Unlucky casualties are more like the large intestines of bloodbowl; not fun to think about or handle but ultimately necessary for the health of the game.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
:hitler:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
The reason I went for the pass play on my drive was because I didn't see myself being able to push through two flesh golems and a bunch of zombies.

Also I didn't want to be boring with my dwarf team.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I think the only problem with dwarves is the huge amount of tackle on the team from T.V. 1000. Like they said in the video move tackle to the blitzers and the team would be a lot better balanced. Maybe increase some player or reroll costs too.

I really don't understand why people are so upset about dwarves and then turn around and go "but orks are cool." The two teams literally play the exact same way almost every game.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Save for the big guy complaint (deathroller is garbage) I could quote your complaints and swap out dwarf for ork and it would make sense.

Fake edit; the reason I defend dwarves so much is because I really don't see them being any different than orks and I really like dwarves in this game thematically. Troll slayers are probably my favorite positional in the game.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Agent355 posted:

1000 tv dwarves are exactly what 1300 tv orcs are (if the orcs are being boring and doing nothing but block tackle guard). 1100 tv dwarves are 1500 tv orcs.

Dwarves are worse than orcs.

Maybe if all you are looking at is skills, stat wise orks are way better off.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Agent355 posted:

Dwarves are bullshit and completely unfun at the tv most people play at, while orcs are not.

I disagree, not so much with the dwarves are bullshit part, but with the orks aren't bullshit part.

I don't disagree with someone saying dwarves aren't fun to play against because the people who coach dwarves always play them the same way every game and that is to cage as hard as possible and grind out a slow win. However the people who coach orks always play them the same way every game and cage as hard as possible and grind out a slow win too.

Also orks and dwarves become fun to play against at the exact same time and that is when my mutation team finally gets claw and mighty blow on a couple of players and not a second sooner.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
/\/\/\I did get really lucky this game, but don't pretend that if I was playing literally any other team you would feel the need to point that out in the thread.

I think dwarves and orks are closer than you guys are insisting they are. Imagine making a T.V. 1000 team and you spin and get dwarves. By the end of the game your team is going to be beat up and it was a slog to get through. Now imagine you got orks. your team is beat up and it was a slog to get through.

I think most of my annoyance at all the dwarf hate is the amount of complaining that happens when dwarf is mentioned and the almost no complaints made when orks are. I could have a standard t.v. 1500 ork team with block and guard everywhere and nobody would say anything. I play a 1500 dwarf team with some guard and stuff but goofy poo poo too, like the dump off/pass runners. People would be rushing to be the first to complain.

Dwarves may be the worst most boring team to play as or against in bloodbowl, but orks play about 95% the same as dwarves do and nobody ever says anything about it.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from hating dwarves, I'm just trying to get people to hate orks too.

Basically;

quote:

I'm just racist against orks.

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 6, 2014

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Two minute turns are my favorite. I can usually hammer out a turn in about a minute and a half if I know my team well enough.

I also prefer that my games take 45 minutes instead of like two hours.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

FoolyCharged posted:

It just amazes me that in all of the new versions of the game cyanide sold, not one of the devs ever decided that spaces needing die rolls to reach should be visually flagged just like gfi's are when moving. It's not exactly the worlds most intensive game, so it's not like a less efficient path finding algorithm(probably necessary to decide which squares to color red or what have you) would kill them anyways.

well Cyanide is literally like three people so I can understand them not changing a whole lot from version to version.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Get Guard because it is pretty much way more useful than mighty blow is. It will be way more useful in your next game and with only four players with natural strength access you want to get guard as much as possible. You are supposed to blitz with the werewolf anyway and guard will help you do that.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Lizardmen are a real cool team, no matter what I am playing as its always cool to play against lizards.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Cards would be freaking amazing, way more fun than the current slew of inducements.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
That poor team.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Hey, I won that game 2-1.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Stand Firm is good so he can't get counter surfed

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
get kick because even though its a dumb skill for elves it's still better than AV because it is less TV.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I can't tell if you are joking or not.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Mighty Blow on Blitzer. I don't care about any of the rest of the skills but i need to at least try and make sure we don't do anything really stupid.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
gently caress undead, one of my least favorite teams.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't think anyone who plays Dwarfs has any right to complain about other bashy teams

At least undead has Ghouls and Skeletons :colbert:

The reason I don't like undead is that they are basically humans but better. They can pretty much do anything any other team can do all at the same time except pass but passing is for elves, desperation, and BBLPs.

Skeletons are awesome. They are key part of my actual favorite team, Khemri.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Keep Him. Let his skills be useful and let him die on the pitch (again). By the time he dies maybe the rest of the team will be good and we can feed his replacement some TDs.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Just get Block on the dog, that's all I care about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
When you don't have kick you pretty much just have to kick to the middle of the opponents half in order to make sure that they don't get a touchback.

But when you have kick and you are up against like dwarves or khemri you can kick the ball to the back of the pitch and separate runners from blockers/Tomb guardians which is a massive advantage.

Or if you are up against like elves you can kick short and force them to either make a few rolls to put the ball in a safe spot or force them to commit to a punching fight they can't win. Or hope for a blitz and just catch it.

That being said I usually don't take kick on my teams because most of my favorite teams are slow so kick isn't as useful.

Edit; Victor Vermis probably knows all this already but I wanted to make a post about it anyway.

• Locked thread