Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Lizards so everyone can learn to love the wonderchildren that are skinks.

And hate Both Downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Prav posted:

I believe in the zombies. They come through when it really matters.

And nothing does interceptions better than a Flesh Golem.

FG intercepts are beautiful, beautiful things.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

StoryTime posted:

Let's go with Necromantic. It's a versatile team with a bunch of potential, and I wouldn't mind seeing it played well.

Oh man have you come to the wrong LP then :roflolmao:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

A lizard team with no skinks is already dead. And if you're not a Linerat, WHY ARE YOU STANDING NEXT TO A SAURUS, SKAVEN. Sauruses are dangerous.

(I played a pubbie with a Murder Chaos team as my lizards in Auld. Even without Fend I'd just punch or dodge my way free each turn. As I recall, he ragequit because he could only get 1 or 2 blocks a turn)

Lizards are beautiful angels.

Also, Kmquat and England are bloodbowl gods.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rat Ogre is the best big guy. Krox is a close second.

Khorne Thirster would be but the rest of his team is so awful.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rorahusky posted:

Haha, wow. That Skink must be an absolute magnet for blitzes though. Kinda surprised he isn't half crippled from all the hate he must get. That's practically 1-Turn Touchdown Gutterrunner level of bullshit there.

The dude survives SPITEWIZARDing.

Though I usually save my Spitewizardry for after they've burned their apo. So it's got a better chance to stick.

I suspect, just like Kumquat, if England ever gets Legend his last skill will be sprint.
So he can be never scurred for one more square.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gotta take a Studman name, and have a Wight named Power

(Shamefully, I forget the name of his OTHER wight).

For the same reason, the wolf must be Jacob. Because then he's already got his shirt off, so he's ready to spin it round above his head.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

goatface posted:

I don't think I can endorse the second +str over block.

Derails are never over!
Since Block is objectively better than +ST on a big guy regardless, once you've taken +ST once, you might as well double down, so that even a TREE needs assists to punch you.

Also 7 ST tentacles is hard to get away from. Even for like. Sauruses. I have vague memories of doing it ONCE. With a ST2 player, so looking at his past games, that suggests an UW goblin. Because what, I'm gonna -3db him? Ha! (also I don't always play FumBBL L games super Grognardy. Because who does that?)

Also natural 3DBs on 3ST players unassisted.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also, GNU, what's the plan with regards to zombies the team inevitably creates?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

GNU Order posted:

On the one hand beating somebody so badly it causes their computer to explode sounds like something I'd do, but on the other hand playing Humans doesn't. So, the jury's still out on this one

Maybe it was wrasslehumans or something.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

That's a filthy lie, and you know it

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

TheNabster posted:

I feel I might have a fun one. My two brothers were playing a game, Orcs versus Humans, it was the last few turns of the last half, One all, and my second brother had his Orcs sitting pretty much in close proximity to my First Brother's touchdown zone with the ball and only a single Human Thrower nearby to contest it. So to get some extra SP for his players, he decides to make an easy hand off, to his Thrower. Completely flubbs it, drops the ball.

The Human Thrower runs up, picks up the ball, and at the time, there was a catcher down the other end of the field, the Thrower straight up Hail Marys that poo poo down the entire length of the pitch, on a 6, and then the ball somehow bounced to the Catcher. He catches it, and touched it down for a 2-1 win.

Sometimes a chance in hell works out really well

Sometimes, Bloodbowl refuses to let you roll better than a 1.

Sometimes, it gives you all the 6s you could use and then some.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Blackmage Yapo posted:

This, but get a few rear end coaches too.

Agreed.

Use a dice roll to figure out how many Cheerleaders and rear end Coaches.

Studman would disagree at your claims of needing Flesh Golems.

Especially since SDS calls it a dicing when Flare's just KOing all the necromantic.
A dicing is when you literally can do nothing. Gnu could've rolled more pows, sure. But he can still do actual things.

Edit: Also, Wolfs are like. MA8. You SO could've one turned. You don't deserve another wolf until you learn how to use your current one properly!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 10, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

I assume this involves a ridiculous amount of pushes/frenzy/not getting dicefucked?

Always roll pushes is the mantra of one turning.

I hosed up One turning as Khemri because I forgot to turn off Grab once :(

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

The vote was to blow ALL the money in Cheerleaders, not just a single one. :colbert:

Any time he loses the event then.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

Skaven Gutter Runner (a.k.a never drop the ball ever or you lose)

Fuckin rats, man.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Sounds like Gnu is bad at editing!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Poil posted:

Video and audio works great now, almost as great as that elf play. :allears:

I suspect that, before the end of the half, there's going to be an :xcom: moment.

Edit: 4 square surfing is always the correct option.
5 square surfing even moreso.

SDS, you're wrong. Surfing the Ball Carrier is always AMAZING and you should do it any time you can.

Oh, it wasn't an :elves: moment, after all.
Well, it was, then it wasn't.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 15, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Feinne posted:

Also there are totally elves that have armor value, they're called Dark Elves and they are the best because they have players who can leap around and dodge through tackle zones to frenzy crowd surf a dude and can stab fools. :colbert:

All armour is 7 to a wolf.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Though it pains me to pick the OPTIMAL option when we could have a wrasslewolf.

Can't even vote Sprint because we've got +MA on the list.

So, although it pains me to give you a good player, voting +AV (Wolf ain't never getting block)

AV 8-9 is literally the best +AV choice in the game.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 17, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

uPen posted:

For numbers on why +AV is so good:
8AV without dodge or block has a 3.5% chance to take a casualty (badly hurt or worse) every time they get blocked.
8AV without dodge but with block has a 2.6% chance to take a casualty (badly hurt or worse) every time they get blocked.
9AV without dodge or block has a 2.0% chance to take a casualty (badly hurt or worse) every time they get blocked.

+AV is the best choice, math doesn't lie.

Remember also that if you're fouling that wolf when he's on the pitch, which you should always do, he's more likely to take an injury with the lesser AV.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Iretep posted:

I'd rather level the wolf toward murder than turn him into a one turner :colbert:

If only he'd rolled dub 5s.

Then we could all vote correctly. (for Piling AWWWWNNN)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

Speaking of which, 4 consecutive dead rolls seems incredible unlikely.

Indredibly unlikely. But really funny and satisfying when it happens to the other guy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

tlarn posted:

Good half, exactly what I expected from Orcs, and you managed some nice plays as well. :orks101:

The way Humans and Orcs were described to me, they're the archetypal teams in Blood Bowl, with Humans built around ball-handling and Orcs built around punching. After that, the other teams branch off from them, having different emphasis on certain aspects or gimmicks. And then you get Goblin teams.

Both of them are middle of the road enough to fake playing the other way when out-elfed/bashed.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Beefslab needs Mighty Blow to kill more mans.

Von Hammerstein needs fend to be a giant dickbag.

As for the Orcs being like Dwarves - Orcs are frustrating, but they play differently depending how bashing goes. I've seen Orcs pull breakaways and whatnot.
Dwarves have one strategy and additionally dwarves have Block and Tackle on everyone.

Orcs may be AV9 fuckers, but Dwarves are AV9, Thick Skull, Block, Tackle. And all get Strength (read - Guard) on normals. So it quickly becomes a giant blob of Block, Tackle, Guard. So you can neither dodge away from them safely, nor punch them away.
They are literally worse than Murder Chaos. I have beaten Murder Chaos with my Lizards. Dwarves would manage to have inflicted a lot more pain.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Hungrylike Bladewolf is the only acceptable name.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

V. Illych L. posted:

By bypassing the block dice and throwing snotlings directly at their blockers! Do it!

TTM kills are the most beautiful things in the world.

Except when you're trying to one turn :argh:

Maybe some day I'll kill a guy on the other team.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

This LP has me itching to play again, picking up teams I haven't played before (Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarves are on the list). I'm afraid of teams with huge diferences between players, so it'll be DE until I remember how to play. What's a good starting lineup?

A quick scan of the roster makes me think 4 Blitzers, 1 Runner, 6 Line-Elves, 2 Re-Rolls, because Witch Elves seem a huge liability at the start. Not surfing makes me sad, though.

4 Blitzers is definitely the serious Business startup. So that's probably the most solid starting lineup.

Also, Cheerleaders. Because Cyanide changed it so you get none if you don't buy any now.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

If only you could kill multiple opponents with a single TTM hit.
TTM is AMAZING.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

In a perfect world when it's not raining, there are no tacklezones to worry about, it's not very sunny, and you don't have to make any GFIs to get into the endzone, a TTM one turn touchdown has a 36.5% chance of success with a reroll and only a 13% chance of success without one.

Now a 36% chance isn't something i would rely on, but given that a goblin team has roughly 36% chance to get a free touchdown at the end of at least one half, it's pretty okay.

That's better odds than gobbos normally have of scoring!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

That is so not worth it for a mere gobbo.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

goatface posted:

On this topic, you forgot one important part about the secret weapon gobbos that makes them all different from the normal ones.

None of them have Right Stuff and can be used for a TTM.

Even Trolls aren't THAT stupid!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

The problem with TTM being plan A is that even if you have an 80% chance of success (which I don't think you could even do) that still means 1/5 drives you just straight up give the enemy the ball.

Other teams have failure built in, meaning even if my skaven handoff doesn't work I've made room for that and it's not the end of the world. If I can't bash my way through the screen this turn because my block dice were poor thats okay, I can do it next turn.

TTM is really a 'if this works I score, if it doesn't I straight up give the other team my drive'.

Makes it really hard to use as a core gimmick, however probably halflings if you want TTM to be your plan A, and underworld if you want to have a team who can actually do TTMs well without having to rely on it entirely.

For gobbos TTM is more of a desperation move, because plan A will always be 'use your few extremely powerful players to secure a quick man advantage and keep beating on the enemy while their down so they can't recover'.

E: also there is a star player pogoer with right stuff, and yes he is amazing.

Even throwing your mans at the enemy without the ball isn't a good strategy, since you're more likely to kill your own guy than an opponent.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Luquos posted:

I made a TTM-focused halfling team once. It worked pretty well, got a lucky halfling with +ma and +ag. Meant he could land easily and run far, it ended up being pretty reliable. Wasn't good, but certainly fun to play.

I had a +ag gobbo once...

My troll ate him.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fat Samurai posted:

One of the things that is keeping me from playing with goons is coming up with amusing names for my playes.

And the fact that I actually enjoy playing dwarves

(you monster. Maybe if you played a good race you'd have an easier time coming up with names)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

Just gonna agree with what was said in the thread. Only reason to play against the AI is if you've never played Blood Bowl before and want to get a hang of the UI before playing a human. Once that's done, never play against the AI ever again.

Seriously, I'd play in the pub leagues over playing against humans.

I always pray that one day when I play in pub leagues, I will get a guy as amazing as the Flash Flash Flash guy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

apostateCourier posted:

The gimmick fits the poster's name fairly well. It is fantastic.

Even if all his mans love having naps. And has not realised the dangers of an opponent with Frenzy :allears:
must surf all the mens!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

jBrereton posted:

Knocked down Fanatics are actually KO'd, not BH'd, but a fine first half. That first action is quite something.

Fanatics roll an injury when they fall over. When they'd normally be stunned they instead are KO'd.

That opening :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

CongoJack posted:

Why pass over HMP pass on the bombardier?

I really hate playing undead teams with goblins because of the regen, it makes it really hard to get the man advantage you need when even the lovely players come back every drive.

I think he paid off regardless. He is bomberman, king of KOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

I actually bought a cheerleader because I was trying to game TV and I'm wicked tryhard. Then I remembered the bomber dribblesnot is 60k inducement and that if I hadn't had that cheerleader I would've had enough.

Basically what I'm saying is never get cheerleaders.

Literally the worst at bloodbowl.

• Locked thread